Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@layknee I hope you feel better soon. Being in the hospital is not fun, but at least they know what to do for you.

@@layknee, I could not drink straight Water at all, or with crystal light, gave me stomach cramping, and liquid burps. Powerade zero much beter as long as its little sips. If I forget and take a bigger sip, cramping in my pouch, ouch.

@@superbariatricbabe, I think I have the same stitch in my muscle, on the right side underneath my ribcage. Pulls all the time. liquid Tylenol does help.

I had my RNY October 1st! I am down 32 lbs. Weight loss slowed a bit. I'm feeling better every day.. I am on soft foods now and am getting bored with it.

OMG the gurgling has really started, not hunger, just gurgling, feels very strange. And the gas, could take out a room of folks. LOL

@@amylynns I was told to change by dressing daily following a shower or whenever they were soaked with Water. She stated that moisture would breed infection. Having the drain is very weird for me.

I'm so happy to be home from the hospital. I have been very cautious and trying to drink as much Water as possible. I've also been sipping on a Protein shake all morning.

How is everyone else doing with Clear liquids?

Thanks! Hopefully I can muster up enough energy to get in the shower today! Geez! So weak and shakey.

I just tried broth with Protein mix. All of a sudden got super nauseated and my stomach tried throwing up. I forced it to stop by deep breathing and sniffing my peppermint oil. ( I use tons of different essential oils) Sipping on Powerade too. I don' know how the hell I'm gonna get 9 cups of liquid in!? And I'm super emotional. Still glad I did it because I know from talking to so many people it gets better....but I think we have some rough days ahead here.

As far as sex...not on my mind at this point, LOL.

But more sleep is on my mind, so off I go to sleep!

My surgery was October 1st, I feel great! I've lost 12 pounds so far. I don't feel any thinner yet. I started pureed food today.Omg felt like I had real food finally.

Mine was October 1st also!

Morning fellow gladiators! OMG. I just dropped my kindle on my stomach. Ouch!!! My first night st home went pretty good! I set my alarm for every 4 hours to take my meds. I slept great in between. I have my bed raised about 30degrees and slept on my back. Are half. Popsicle this morning when I was up telling kids goodbye. I need to get in some Protein today so I can take my Vitamins. For those who went home with a drain, how often did you need to change dressing? Oh! I was so excited when I got up to pee, I had a BM too! LOL! Brett just laughed when I told him...but to NOT be constipated is great!! Ok...gonna go doze a while more.

Definitely change the dressing at least once a day and additionally after the bandages get wet. Swab with alcohol wipes each time around the drain site and the tube. Did they show you how to sterilize the drain opening after you empty it?

Posted in the wrong forum, sorry:

Okay I have an update. I have had a total of eight liters Water. I am had potassium IV drip. They were supposed to be feeding me to make sure I can tolerate liquids but since I never got to a regular room and I spent the whole time in the ER none of that was addressed. I begged the surgical team to let me go home and I promised that I was going to try to drink somethings, anything to make sure I got in 30 to 40 ounces of liquid minimum. You can't sleep in the ER, you can't shower in the ER, you stay in your cubicle in the ER, I felt like a caged animal. I am so glad that I got out I don't even care if I have Water weight on me or if I've lost any weight or gained any weight, I don't care, I'm just glad that I am out of there and I never want to go back. The pain in my side and in the middle of my abdomen I'm just going to wrap myself up with an abdominal binder and keep going.

Glad you're going home Layknee. Keep those fluids going in. Did they ever really figure out what was wrong?

Superbariatric- yep, they shower me how to do all of that. I got it changed...alot of oozing at the site. My daughter came home from college today and made me call the hospital. I am so nauseated. I keep crying Nd shaking. So freaking miserable. Can't read my kindle, can't watch tv. Just Like Im Motion sick. The nurse at the hospital said go back to only Water. Even though everything I was trying to drink or eat was sugar free, whatever is in it I still might not be able to tolerate. So back to sips of water and then I need to call the Dr's office right away in the morning.

Oops. They showed me, not showered me.

Superbariatric- yep, they shower me how to do all of that. I got it changed...alot of oozing at the site. My daughter came home from college today and made me call the hospital. I am so nauseated. I keep crying Nd shaking. So freaking miserable. Can't read my kindle, can't watch tv. Just Like Im Motion sick. The nurse at the hospital said go back to only Water. Even though everything I was trying to drink or eat was sugar free, whatever is in it I still might not be able to tolerate. So back to sips of Water and then I need to call the Dr's office right away in the morning.

So sorry you are struggling, let us know what they say.

@@amylynns I hope you feel better soon. Are you still taking pain meds? I wonder if you're eating (drinking) enough for all of the medication you are taking? Keep us posted.

Awwwww @@amylynns we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. You can drink Water and I can drink stuff but not water. :(

I am having bad trapped gas. Does milk of magnesia really work? I am dying.