Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since I've increased my Protein, I lost another pound. Whoohoo! :D

And more bowel movements this morning!? Gleeps!

Maybe the extra protein helps that as well??

@@wildGoose they sell them at 99 cent store brand Taste Oasis 1/4 cup 7g Protein

1g sugar

5g carbs

Cal 170

Fat is high total 15g

Yum!

Hey loves, so for the past 10 days I've been dealing with severe back pain but refused to go to er. I didn't eat or move out of bed for 8 days and then pushed myself the following 2 days. I am 12 weeks post op and 81lbs down. I thought I'd feel better with losing weight but now my back hurts way more than it did before, maybe its the way I stand or walk idk. I feel a little better today although I can't stand up straight or stand for long periods of times. I feel very dehydrated because I haven't been taking Vitamin or eating or drinking how I should be. My mom said I look like a stick, I definitely see myself wasting away. I am 5'11 and started at 301 now I'm 220. I think I'm going to have to reconsider my goal of 150 because I already look a bit thin. Anyone else dealing with weird pains? I sure hope this goes away.

@@Bronxmerci

Sorry you feel crappy. Yes, as for weird pains...my l ft leg was numb for 7 days after surgery and then has burned, tingled,zapped and pinged. Constantly annoying. I went to add two weeks ago and am starting physical therapy. I am 10 weeks out and down 60 pounds. I started at 365 so while most people are happy to get to onederland I will be extremely excited once I get below 300 and then on to the next less than 250 etc to goal of 140ish. I have a long way to go but constant pain sure makes it seem longer! Good luck!

@Bronxmerci---I was JUST thinking about you this morning and wondering how you've been!

Girl! You need to go to the Dr!! Do you have a gallbladder? I had a lot of back pain back in 2009 before I had mine take out. And if it gets bad enough, it could be VERY serious if ignored.

You need to be able to be eating and drinking too hon!!! :( So the quicker you figure out what's going on, the quicker it can be addressed and you can be eating and drinking like you're supposed to be.

My goodness, I am so sorry you've had such a hard time. That's a lot of weight in that amount of time!!

How's your little one doing with you now? Any better?

Aww thanks ladies! Yeah I still have a gallbladder, I'm just so scared to go back to er I'm really tired of being there. My lil one has been with me on and off, my mom took him for 6 days because I couldn't get up from bed and when I did get up it was literally crawling to get him stuff. The last 4 days he's been here and so has his dad ugh yuck. I think I'm losing too fast too but I know its because of me not eating. I did go get blood work with my pcp around xmas and everything was good except my anemia and everything that has to do with hematology. I feel better today but I just don't feel any hunger or desire to do anything with my life. I also think I'm dealing with depression due to everything that has happened, its like I just sleep all day and I have moments that I'm crying reflecting on my life mistakes. This is tmi but I've been so down that I haven't even showered in like 10 days, the pain won't allow me to stand in the shower and call me nasty but I haven't even tried to wash myself, all I do is crawl to the kitchen fill up a water bottle, cry and then sleep. I'm a mess, I can't wait to feel better.

@@Bronxmerci girl I was feeling the same way at the beginning I used a shower chair till I felt stronger and still use it at times osteo arthritis both knees I had extreme back pain middle area and bad tailbone pain for like 6 weeks I would call ur dr to see what they say u r losing too fast since u r not getting sufficient nutrition ur body is feeding on ur muscles please try some sort of Protein source and keep hydrated mind over matter we all care about you and we are all here for you????

Oh Bronxi. I think you need help baby. Getting depressed after such an ordeal is normal. I did after one of my babies because the c-section and complications knocked me to my knees. You have to eat even if you don't feel like it. Remember the plan: 3 meals if you want to or not. Lots of Protein and eat slowly. About a 1/4 cup or so should be enough. Yogurt is easy to eat and hummus. And if you don't drink you will really be in trouble. Maybe talking to somebody will help. Does your hospital have a support group? I know you can give a call to the group leader or the nutritionist. Don't forget the doctor's office. Also, your insurance has people you cal talk to. Just call customer service and they will guide you.

I know getting up is hard and you don't feel like showering but think of how wonderful that warm Water will feel. It's time to love yourself a little. Do just one thing that's good for you and then build from that.

Sending you all my love!

@Bronxmerci--Oh honey! I agree with the others, you need to call someone. I started an anti-depressant and even though I HATE taking it---if I do skip it, I can tell after just 1 day! Crying over anything, no motivation, so sad, and angry all at the same time. I know exactly how you're feeling! I started a med called Pristiq. It has made a WORLD of difference. And even though I HATE swallowing more more freaking pill, it really is necessary at this point. I've taken other anti-depressents in the past, but wowzers, this one is SO much better. No side effects, just all good stuff. :-)

You deserve to be happy and enjoying your son and your weight loss. You need to build some muscle back up so you don't just look like you're sick. You're going to be a Hot Mama!!!

I promise things will get better, just take that one little step and call someone.

Do you have a bathtub? Or just shower? I felt just like you at one point. I filled up my tub, plopped in there and had myself a big ol' cry fest! But the warm Water and getting clean honestly helped SO much! I know it seems overwhelming--just taking a shower---I totally get it, but sweety, it will help you feel better!

So just a couple baby steps...try them, for us! For you!! ;) ((((hugs))))

I will try this again.

Edited by PinkPolkadot619

So I finally am on a real computer to post my meal plan it is pretty similar everyday so I guess you are not missing much

B- Premier Protein shake, mixed with:

-1Tbs calorie free/sugar free chocolate Syrup

-decaf instant VIA from starbucks

-1Tbs sugar free French vanilla coffee Creamer

- less than 1/4 tsp peppermint extract

L- 2/3 Cup Spaghetti Squash with ground turkey and classico sauce

S- Premier Protein Shake, mixed with:

-1Tbs calorie free/sugar free chocolate syrup

-decaf instant VIA from starbucks

-1Tbs sugar free French vanilla coffee creamer

D- more Spaghetti squash because I don't feel like cooking

I might have a sugar free popsicle for dessert.

12 Weeks Post Op

@@LisaCO

On the B1, just wondering how much B1 did you take before your 3 month blood test ?I am sure your multi Vitamin had some? How did you take your Vitamin. Once or twice per day? I know some people take 2 together, etc.

I am taking an informal tab on how we all do as a group. Mini research!!!!!

Beni I took a womens complete vitamin but I have no clue how much B1 was in it. My B1 was not low at my 6 month preop labs. Hmmm

Wednesday meal plan

B-premier Protein chocolate shake

S- none

L- 1/2 c Beans with mexi cheese 1/2 tsp guacamole with Fage Greek yogurt 3 chips corn chia seed

S- fresh blackberries with 3 tbsp lite cool whip

D- veggie Soup with grilled chicken 1oz 1/2 cup Soup

S- poss greek yogurt lite and fit raspberry chocolate 2oz

11w post gbs

????????????

Bronx, my heart aches for you and your child. Depression is paralyzing! Pls take the time to get it addressed,so you can continue in your journey of a leaner and happier woman. I suffer from depression. 3 years ago i went into Sudden Cardiac Death. It was 5 days after my father died of complications of Alzheimers. The year of 2012 was not my friend! I had multiple hospitalizions and pronounced.dead.on 2 separate occasions. I understand your position of NOT wanting to go back to the ER.. but, it does sound like further testing is needed. Perhaps your PCP can order outpatient tests. Your back issue does need yo be addressed ASAP. It will get better.. please take control of these multiple and binding issues. Its for you and your baby!

Thanks for giving us an update. You have.definitely been in my thoughts

Hugs!!

Back Pain, etc: Hi All: I have not really had back pain, yet, but I have had knee and ankle pain. Mostly after walks. My PA says that this is because with rapid weight loss, which is basically what is happening to us, our ligaments need time to re-establish themselves with our bones. Since it is your back ... well, I don't know. But rest is perhaps the best way to go.