Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@kimodell69

Every single person is different! You are doing amazing. Do you wear an abdominal binder, if not one will really help. I can understand your frustration; while my surgery itself went well I had sciatic nerve issues that left my leg numb from the time I woke up in recovery until 6 days afterward. Then you'd think great I have feeling but it felt like the raging fires of hell burning down my leg. I saw all of these other wonderful October folks talking about walking 3 miles etc and I just felt like a failure. I wasn't and you're NOT! You are a trooper, your surgery was hardcore! Just know that the only track you need to be in is your own. You are not supposed to be running a marathon yet. Follow your doc's orders and give yourself a chance to heal! You've got this!

Thank you. I am so frustrated and sick of the pain and want to get off of this emotional roller coaster. I still burst out crying for no reason at all. I know I need to be patient and I am just healing slower because of everything. Apparently they took out quite a bit of scar tissue from that area. It's funny, the actual Gastric Bypass part doesn't hurt at all! Oh well, thank you for letting me vent. I do still have 14 staples left in that big incision. I get them out on Friday, thank goodness. On a positive note, I get to start the puréed stage on Friday! I am so looking forward to having a scrambled egg! :)

Thank you. I am so frustrated and sick of the pain and want to get off of this emotional roller coaster. I still burst out crying for no reason at all. I know I need to be patient and I am just healing slower because of everything. Apparently they took out quite a bit of scar tissue from that area. It's funny, the actual Gastric Bypass part doesn't hurt at all! Oh well, thank you for letting me vent. I do still have 14 staples left in that big incision. I get them out on Friday, thank goodness. On a positive note, I get to start the puréed stage on Friday! I am so looking forward to having a scrambled egg! :)

post-235564-14157316080027_thumb.jpg

Kim, it's okay to be in pain. I was a wreck for a full 3 weeks from persistent pain in one spot on my abdomen. It was sharp and almost burning- I asked the doc about it and he said it was because there's a stitch there holding the muscles together where the largest laparoscopic tool went in. He explained that it was going to hurt as muscles pulled against the stitch or tensed from being tired at the end of the day. He also said that it would dissolve and eventually I might feel a 'pop' and the pain would stop, but it's more likely that it will pop overnight and I won't even notice it.

He was absolutely right!! Week 4 I woke up one morning and sat bolt upright with zero pain like a miracle! Overnight the pain stopped and I was back in action.

Edited by superbariatricbabe

Kim, it's okay to be in pain. I was a wreck for a full 3 weeks from persistent pain in one spot on my abdomen. It was sharp and almost burning- I asked the doc about it and he said it was because there's a stitch there holding the muscles together where the largest laparoscopic tool went in. He explained that it was going to hurt as muscles pulled against the stitch or tensed from being tired at the end of the day. He also said that it would dissolve and eventually I might feel a 'pop' and the pain would stop, but it's more likely that it will pop overnight and I won't even notice it.

He was absolutely right!! Week 4 I woke up one morning and sat bolt upright with zero pain like a miracle! Overnight the pain stopped and I was back in action.

Oh--I feel a little silly now. I was giving all the credit for my pain being gone (mostly) on that one incision to my essential oils that helps break down scar tissue. BUT......last Thursday evening I turned around in my bedroom quickly, felt a big POP--and then screamed (because it hurt!) then I cried like a baby for a while. I still had some pain that evening, but it was Friday morning when I realized the pain was practically gone. So that's what happened!! LOL--I do have to say, the hardness around that incision has softened a lot, so I'll give my oils a little credit. :P

@@kimodell69

Every single person is different! You are doing amazing. Do you wear an abdominal binder, if not one will really help. I can understand your frustration; while my surgery itself went well I had sciatic nerve issues that left my leg numb from the time I woke up in recovery until 6 days afterward. Then you'd think great I have feeling but it felt like the raging fires of hell burning down my leg. I saw all of these other wonderful October folks talking about walking 3 miles etc and I just felt like a failure. I wasn't and you're NOT! You are a trooper, your surgery was hardcore! Just know that the only track you need to be in is your own. You are not supposed to be running a marathon yet. Follow your doc's orders and give yourself a chance to heal! You've got this!

I can't walk 3 miles either..... I really want to! Sunday I probably walked a good 2 miles though. But I wasn't able to at all yesterday. Hopefully tonight I can go to the wellness center where I work out. It's FREEZING outside!

I tried a belly binder thing, but it irritated that one incision. I should try it again though. Maybe now that I've "popped" it'll be better. :P

I'm sorry for the TMI, but I'm so uncomfortable from not being able to move my bowels :( I have hardly been able to in about 3 days. I've been taking the colace, and still no. Today I was ok, had eggs for Breakfast, my bf and I went out and about and I took a Protein shake with me. I drank 4oz of it and about 15 min after my last sip I was in so much pain, right in the middle of my belly. I felt like I had to go and I felt like I had to puke. We stopped at a bathroom and I couldn't do either. Pain wasn't going away so I called the nurse line. She told me to do an enema (ew!)...soo I stopped and got one, we went home, I did it, it worked a LITTLE bit, and then I took a 3 hr nap. I woke up and the pain was gone for the most part...but I still feel blah. I'm not hungry, I'm afraid to eat. I just want Water and Popsicles. Idk if it's happening from eating more foods now on puree? I was going just fine last week :(

On a happier note, I've just realized that I have lost 40 lbs since June, and 20 since surgery 2 weeks ago. I def feel better other than the belly cramps. My arthritis isn't as bad it seems, I am able to walk up the stairs and not cry. My boyfriend looked at me today and said "wow babe, you're looking really good", which made me feel good of course. As for sex...I miss it lol. We were so excited cuz I got the ok from doc last week, and then I got my period. Next week I guess lol.

How are you feeling today?? I would have thought an enema would have cleaned you out? Are you sure that's what the pain is from? You poor thing. I was going pretty much every time I ate anything--it was very loose. But then I didn't go for 2 days. I didn't feel pain or constipated, but I just wanted to go more...ya know--to keep things cleaned out. (I've had Constipation problems for a long time and had found something that worked amazing--but I can't take it now after surgery--they're horse pills, LOL) So anyway--I was getting a little worried I was going to be constipated again, but luckily this morning I went twice and I feel SO Much better.

I love that your boyfriend commented about you looking great!! Mine just asks me what the scale says every day.

I'm really missing (and ready) sex too. But he's not really speaking to me right now, so I guess I'll have to wait. *sigh*

Think I can puree tatertot casserole??? LOL--that's what my family is having and nothing else is sounding good at all.

speaking of doing the wild thing....my man and I got into a big old argument, about a few things---but of course sex got thrown in my face.(or shoud I say the lack of...) I have seriously not been physically able to. That doesn't mean I haven't had plenty of urges, but there's just no way. My belly pain has been so horrid, on that right side. THEN, I got my period. So now that's done, and I'm finally feeling like maybe physically I could do something. But my gosh--he said some mean things today and there's just no way my mind is in the right place to be able to be intimate. I'm so sad. :-(

Sometimes it seems like they just don't get it, do they, lol? You're going through so much physically, not to mention emotionally. Your hubs may just be feeling a little sorry for himself, feeling a little resentful of the focus on you, that he's not getting enough attention, or just how his life is affected by all this "stuff". And him being a butt is the last thing to make you feel romantic... My hubs is trying to lose about 30 lbs right now and seems to be doing it pretty easily - grrrr. Anyway, I keep telling him how good he looks, it's noticeable, etc, and do you think it might occur to him to say the same to me once in awhile? Duh...so frustrating. ????

Keep your chin up and remember that it'll pass - till the next dumb thing comes along! Lol ????

Edited by TinaC

My boyfriend called me skinny butt!

These are the moments where we literally take baby steps, huh? Keep your chin up and believe in your strength and ability to heal through the pain. I know it sucks, but try to stay positive and hang tough. Thinking of you!!

My boyfriend called me skinny butt!

Love it!!! :P

@@amylynns omg girl, I am so ready too lol...Although I feel like it's gonna be awkward, he's afraid to even snuggle with me, he thinks he'll break me or something lol. Your hubby hopefully come around soon and hopefully apologize for the mean things he said :( I agree with TinaC, they really don't get it sometimes! In the meantime tho, you have all of us to cheer you up! :) I love this group, nobody understands us more than each other.

As for my belly...I definitely feel better today, thank you :) The enema helped, but I think my belly was just still all confused lol. The nap helped immensely too. I finally went on my own this morning, what a world of relief! I am staying away from the Protein powders for a little bit tho, I'm too afraid of them. I'm trying to think of different ways to get in at least 60g a day...I think maybe some smoothies made with Greek yogurt and spinach will help some because I seem to tolerate yogurt pretty well...anyone have any other suggestions?

The next time he asks what the scale says, say "it says I'm beautiful, and that I'm doing awesome" and walk away :)

I had horrible pain on my right hadn side for i felt like ever. It finally went away around 3 weeks post op. It was a pulling, burning pain that when ever I used my abdominal muscles would ache. I couldn't even sneeze beccause if I did it would hurt.

My husband never asks what the scale says, Im really glad he doesn't. You better believe once I get to below 185lbs I will definately tell him how much I weigh. That means I weigh less than him and I havent been there since my son was born in 2010.

@Luna222--That's what I was thinking too! It's going to be awkward! Guess we'll see, LOL!

We'll see if he apologizes, I'm kind of doubting it, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he does. ;)

So glad you are feeling better!!! Whew!!

I've been looking at getting ideas for getting more Protein without the powder as well. I'm so sick of it! I've been having an egg for Breakfast, but I'm kind of sick of that too, LOL. I was mixing my Protein mix with it, but I don't like the texture of it with the powder in there.

I am very thankful I'm done with the liquid diet, but I'm ready for some different foods!

I like the smoothie idea! I'm up for suggestions for lunch and dinner ideas too!