Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@freelyme Thank You!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today I went for my one week post op appointment. I am so happy to have the drain out! Yes it hurt, felt weird and it still seems very strange. Good news since starting the pre op diet I am down 30 pounds. I'm Happy about that progress!!

Congratulations @ShonisLove. Hope you did a well deserved Happy Dance! On your way to a new You!

Hello Everyone,

Today I went for my one week post op appointment. I am so happy to have the drain out! Yes it hurt, felt weird and it still seems very strange. Good news since starting the pre op diet I am down 30 pounds. I'm Happy about that progress!!

whoohoo!!!!! Nice job!!

Does anyone know what a leak feels like? I'm having severe pains on my left side but don't know if gas has settled there or a bowel blockage. I don't want to overreact but it really hurts. I am walking around trying to dissipate any gas if that's what it is, but not helping. Just took pain med and one spoon of milk of magnesia. I also haven't had a BM since one week ago when I took a laxative before surgery. I wasn't that concerned with Constipation bc I'm only on liquids, but is it possible? I feel like if it was a leak I'd be on the floor. I'm close tho to being there.

Hoping you've made the call to your Dr. And update us. I was told to take omneorozol for the acid buildup in the stomach and then they added another prescription of pepcid. I hope that's all that's going on!!

pureed diet. I have eaten, scrambled egg, scrambled egg with a third a slice fat free cheese, fake crab salad, chicken, black Beans, and sf dark chocolate pudding w Protein added. eggs, chicken, black beans and pudding all good. Normally about 2 measured ounces of the protein, quarter cup of other. My stomach has been fine except not like the taste of a couple things which more just made me nauseous at the first bite. The egg with no cheese and the fake crab salad.

@@tacycakes

Have you gotten an update yet? Hope all is well! Let us know that you're okay and just resting (that's my prayer)

Just weighed myself 4 more LBS since Friday. Yeah! I start Puréed food Wednesday looking forward to Greek Yogurt & scrambled eggs. But I guess my weight loss will slow down with more calories in. I actually got 2 Protein drinks in yesterday & the liquid is going down easier so I guess swelling is down.

Now to focus on keeping to small sips & drinking 30 mins before & after soft food come tomorrow. ????

I'm not getting much liquids down at all it's so not comfortable today I tried more Water and I'm trying more food with high Protein I order some of that protein mixs that tasteless order less one tsp equal 30gram of protein see how that's going to work out

Hi guys! I'm one week post-op today. Surgery October 22, 2014. I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't say yet that I'm glad I did it but I'm not regretting it so much. I'm still in a lot of pain, especially at night and first thing in the morning. I don't know if that is from laying flat all night or what. I'm stil taking my pain meds, was going to try and be tough and not do it but then when the pain hits, I change my mind.

I still wake up sometimes and think, did I really do this? And was it stupid? So I'm waiting for the "I'm so glad I did it and wish I would have done it sooner" thinking kicks in!

I got to start eating "real food" today. Yay! It tasted so awesome. For lunch I had 2 oz of refried Beans and 1 oz of 2% shredded cheese. For supper I had 3 oz of egg beaters with 1 oz cheese. Then I've had to have a couple of Protein drinks in between to make sure I get my Protein in.

I came across a blog that called this first week hell week, I tend to agree with that. The timing of the Water, the slowness of drinking the water! It does not hurt me to drink fast but I know I'm not supposed to because of my pouch. I'm supposed to make 8 oz last one hour! I drank a lot of Water pre surgery so this is slowing me down. I'm staying on top of it though because my niece ended up in the hospital with dehydration.

I'm on oxygen 24/7 for at least two weeks. For some reason after surgery my oxygen level was low. I wasn't breathing well and they'd have to give me breathing treatments, plus I have that little thing you suck on to expand your lung capacity.

My surgery went well and I was supposed to get out the next day but because of my oxygen level, they did a cat scan on me and the next day a x-ray of my chest. I also was running a fever, so I guess better safe than sorry.

I'm at the point now, that I need to plan my meals. The food that was introduced to me today, I will be on 3 weeks. I thought I'd shopped and bought plenty but turns out I haven't!

I'm sure I'll have questions as this goes along. I have had no nausea which is great!

I'm walking for about 10 mintues outside a couple of times a day. I would like to start lifting light weights (5 #) soon, I can already see my arms sagging!

They told me not to weigh yet because they pumped me so full of water. I go for my 2 week surgeon checkup next Tuesday. I think I will use my home scales for my tickler since that is what I will use the most.

Best of luck to all of you!

Does anyone know what a leak feels like? I'm having severe pains on my left side but don't know if gas has settled there or a bowel blockage. I don't want to overreact but it really hurts. I am walking around trying to dissipate any gas if that's what it is, but not helping. Just took pain med and one spoon of milk of magnesia. I also haven't had a BM since one week ago when I took a laxative before surgery. I wasn't that concerned with Constipation bc I'm only on liquids, but is it possible? I feel like if it was a leak I'd be on the floor. I'm close tho to being there.

I talked to the doctor today and they said the lower left abdominal pain is the pain they expect most patients to have. It's where they reconnected the duodenum to the the rest of the small intestine. She said in my cat scan that there was a little air there. Then she prescribed more hycet for pain.

Dumb question, but dis anyone know if we can take Sudafed? I left a message for my nurses but haven't heard back and I have a sinus headache that is killing me.

tried a Neti pot? Or maybe a nasonex?

That's an interesting article, thanks for posting it.

I didn't know that about Brian Dennehy! He's one of my favorite actors, partly because he's always impressed me as being very intelligent. Now I know he is!!

--Alexandra

Oh my gosh, that all sounds amazing, lol! But then again I haven't had solid food since Oct. 5th! 4 more days and I get to start pureed. I am so flipping excited!!!!

Hi all, first time posting, I hope I'm doing it right. Had surgery Monday. Rny plus repay of hiatal and umbilical hernia and an esophageal repair I can't remember what it's called. Was screaming in pain right or if recovery. Surgeon sent me home with 5/325 norcos and I'm losing my mind. Haven't sleep more than couple hours here and there. He doesn't believe in pain meds. I'm also seeing him tomorrow but he seems annoyed by me! Is live to know what some of you took immediately post surgery at home so I can be prepared with info. Thanks much!

I made it! The surgeon was able to do laparoscopic at the top of my stomach but also ended up having to open me up from my belly button down where I had my hysterectomy because of scar tissue. I think I remember them telling me last night that they cleaned up the scar tissue. I am in a bit of pain and coughing hurts like hell. My stomach feels like I did a million sit-ups. I'm supposed to get my cath out by 6am so I can start walking. I will check in again later...just pushed my happy button so getting sleepy.