Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone end up having a liver biopsy?

I had one done during the bypass, as well as hiatal hernia repair. preop testing said I had a borderline fatty liver, so I guess that is why, I never remembered to ask. and if I read the test results correctly, no problems. gonna go back and check again, now that you mention it.

I had my RNY October 1st! I am down 32 lbs. Weight loss slowed a bit. I'm feeling better every day.. I am on soft foods now and am getting bored with it.

Awesome! I hope I have your luck! I'm 3 days post-op, so will have to just see what happens. Good luck with your recovery!

Hello recently discovered this website! I'm scheduled for surgery on October 27th! I'm excited but somewhat nervous as I have never been "put under" before. Best wishes to all ????

The 27th was my op day too! How are you feeling?

Whew! I'm like a new person today. ( mostly) :-)

In fact, I am HUNGRY! Like, the kid's lunch was killing me. I didn't quite expect that.

And then my dad texted me and said he was slaving over the hot stove making scalloped potatoes and corn pudding for dinner. Oh my land. I want some chewable food so bad!

I went right out to the kitchen and make some de-caf coffee and put my unjur.y vanilla Protein mix in it, hoping the Protein (which I haven't been getting any of) would help fill me up. It didn't taste that great unfortunately, but my belly is full after a few sips. But dang, scalloped potatoes?! *sigh*

speaking of my dad...remember I only told him about the surgery 3 days before and told him I didn't want one word of judgement from him, expecting no communication from him for quite a while. Well, he texted me the day before, and even came to see me in the hospital! I was shocked!! And he's checked on me each day too. My mom said all he said was, "It was her decision, I don't have to like it." Alright then! That works. :-)

My lovely 21yr old daughter knows how crazy insane I go when the house is a mess. And by a mess, I mean cluttered, because during my nesting time last week, I got it nice and clean! But as we all know....that doesn't last long, especially with 5 kids around! So anyway, she took it upon herself to clean the house for me today! Oh my goodness, what a blessing. I even piddled around and picked stuff up and folded some laundry. Then I decided to get adventurous and my 8yr old and I did a walk around the block. Whew, pooped me out good! What beautiful, un-commonly warm weather we're having here in iowa. Love it!!

Amylynns, I said the same thing to my husband just before my surgery on the 27th - "It's like I have the nesting urge or something!" Lol... I'm 3 days post-op, and feeling pretty good. I'm new to this board, so missed reading your surgery date. How far out are you? And, I see you're in IA - me too! Are you comfortable with sharing your city?

I made it home yesterday and got my 10k steps. I had a little trouble remembering to drink because of trying to catch up on emails for work and a professional conference for which I am the treasurer. I get to work and I forget to do everything but work and breathing. My goal today is to do better on drinking.

On a grosser note, what is up with the stuff they give you for the swallow test?! I was worried about becoming constipated because I have bad internal henohrroids, but no worries after THAT stuff cleared my system. EWWW!

Lol I was worried too because of fissure and internal hemorrhoid being currently treated but it's actually a clear, Water soluble radiopaque dye. Tasty...huh?

I had those awful friggin pains every hour yesterday. I called the nurse and asked about an acid buildup possibly and she said, "what acid are you talking about? Do you taste stomach acid? I told her no, that I wasn't feverish or nauseas but had these localized stabbing pains. She said if I could still pass gas, then there was no blockage and a leak would not stop after 10 mins. That I needed to got ot he bathroom more than likely and if I didn't go to call her back today. So, I tried Miralax, milk of magnesia, a laxative with stool softener, and more gas x along with as much Water as I could handle. It was so painful last night that I had to take another dose of oxycodone which I felt defeated the whole day. I have passed some gas last night, but still not gone to the bathroom. Round two today of that being my main objective. I have read where some of you have drank prune juice but honestly don't know if I could drink that? Is it really sweet bc I get nauseas if stuff is too sweet. Thanks guys.

@ tacycakes

Glad nothing in fixable occurred, although being really constipated can make you feel terrible. Miralax is a wonderful product but it takes a while to work at standard doses, but it's gentle so I'd keep if on tap for after this first bout ends. Any luck so far this am? I really hope you feel better soon!!!

@@skinnyme123

I got ultram (tramadol), nothing hardcore but it works! Hope you get good info and get what you need to feel better!

Wow- I can't believe he doesn't believe in pain management. I got a whole brochure about keeping ahead of the pain. (Not that I even want to take it at this point bc it's constipating) I have been using Protein Powder by Bariatric Advantage and Isopure zero unflavored. (Does well in cold, not good in heated food) and lots of Water. And miralax. I had a HH repair also and had to really practice deep breathing and slight coughing to open those airways for a few days. Keep posting. You sound like you need a lot of info, and these ladies sure do know what they're talking about. A lot of researchers in our group and very positive support.

He seems surprised (and annoyed) that I'm in pain. He's really quite the ass now that he's been paid, out of pocket I might add. I'm going to see him today with my 6'2 scary looking hubby lol and if he speaks out of turn once... He will be politely and scarily told to watch his tone. I do not respond well to the pain meds he normally used so they gave me morphine in the hospital which helped. He also doesn't believe in sedatives, which after my third anxiety attack in the hospital, he gave in to 1mg ativan. Because of him, I made the recovery team miserable lol! I was balling and moaning til 2am! I'm no slacker and I've done everything I was told to do, and I'm not a wuss when it comes to pain, but this is through the roof. Thanks for listening and thanks for your opinion.

He seems surprised (and annoyed) that I'm in pain. He's really quite the ass now that he's been paid, out of pocket I might add. I'm going to see him today with my 6'2 scary looking hubby lol and if he speaks out of turn once... He will be politely and scarily told to watch his tone. I do not respond well to the pain meds he normally used so they gave me morphine in the hospital which helped. He also doesn't believe in sedatives, which after my third anxiety attack in the hospital, he gave in to 1mg ativan. Because of him, I made the recovery team miserable lol! I was balling and moaning til 2am! I'm no slacker and I've done everything I was told to do, and I'm not a wuss when it comes to pain, but this is through the roof. Thanks for listening and thanks for your opinion.

My doctor said from the very beginning, no pain meds other than tylenol after you leave the hospital. Though during the pre-op appointment they told me at that time, I would get a script for liquid lortab, with NO refills, he does not believe in the pain meds. He wants you to use liquid tylenol after that. Had the morphine in the hospital, but since I stayed an extra day, they started me on the liquid lortab there. Got a script for 1 bottle when I checked out of the hospital. I used it religiously for the first 3 days home then started alternating with the tylenol to make it stretch. Saved 1 dose of lortab for emergency, which I ended up taking after my 12 hour outing on saturday. I luckily have been doing well and only using the tylenol every once and a while.

I hope you feel better soon and if you are in great pain, hopefully your doctor will attempt to figure out why, not just medicate.

Edited by smiley922

Old habits die hard. In my effort to take in as much Fluid as I can, so that I don't go through dehydration again. I went into the gas station and bought a 44 ounce Slurpie. I can't drink that much. I don't even know why I bought it. I could I had a baby size and I'd've been fine. fortunately my body doesn't care how much sugar I take in yet. But there's no way I'm getting down this whole Slurpie. They put me on phase three diet yesterday, soft foods and gave me more pain meds a whole other bottle. If I didn't have this pain in my lower left abdomen and lost my ability to drink copious amounts of Water, I wouldn't even be able to tell if I had surgery.

Slurpee, I like Slurpee, but I would think the sugar is a no no. I read about drinking a 8 oz of liquids at time, trying to finish in an hour. trying that today instead of carrying one big bottle and sipping on it all day. it was overwhelming and had not been getting enough in since i started purees.

Having broth with Protein right now at the hospital. I feel good and the nurse said of all the patients this week I did the best. I am so used to doing the worst when it comes to medical issues this was the most wonderful complement I could have received. Of course there still a lot of recovery ahead of me but I had a good start. I going home sometime this afternoon. Hurray!

I had those awful friggin pains every hour yesterday. I called the nurse and asked about an acid buildup possibly and she said, "what acid are you talking about? Do you taste stomach acid? I told her no, that I wasn't feverish or nauseas but had these localized stabbing pains. She said if I could still pass gas, then there was no blockage and a leak would not stop after 10 mins. That I needed to got ot he bathroom more than likely and if I didn't go to call her back today. So, I tried miralax, milk of magnesia, a laxative with stool softener, and more gas x along with as much Water as I could handle. It was so painful last night that I had to take another dose of oxycodone which I felt defeated the whole day. I have passed some gas last night, but still not gone to the bathroom. Round two today of that being my main objective. I have read where some of you have drank prune juice but honestly don't know if I could drink that? Is it really sweet bc I get nauseas if stuff is too sweet. Thanks guys.

@tacycakes. If you take it by itself it not that sweet but I usually add some OJ. But it's such a small amount it shouldn't be too bad. I take a shot class which is about 1 & 1/4 ounces I a drop or 2 of OJ. By the next day I'm good. I take it once a week and it keeps me from getting blocked. Much less trying than any of the stuff your taking now and it works. Good luck !

OMG it is a Halloween potluck today at work. I am only 2 weeks and 2 days out from surgery. Most of my office knows because I just stopped caring who knows hahaha. but some don't and keep offering me doughnuts ahh!!I am happy I have a phone confrence during the eating part of the party 0:-)