Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@layknee

How terrible. Geez, no room? That's cruel. After surgery you are already feeling pretty low now with this and no rest A total bummer. One more day and back to sip, sip, sip. This time do it like it's going out of fashion. If you can of course!

@ layknee

On the funny side of things. I added up all the fluids they have placed in you and that amounts for about 10 lbs of stuff. I was thinking you were going for weight loss. Did you tell them you were already good at gaining weight on your own and didn't need their help, lol. The good news is the potty will take care of it but geez, you'll be making a lot of trips. No chance of getting any rest at the ER, you might as well get your money's worth using the facilities. OMG life does throw us such curve balls.

I hope you know I am saying all of this with the intent of entertaining you.

Edited by Beni

@@superbariatricbabe geez, you had 2 weeks worth? I was only given 4 days worth. I'm not in pain though, I was for 3 days after I ran out but now its nothing. At my 1 week checkup I asked for more and was told no, to use tylenol. I do get the uncomfortable feeling while sleeping and at night time, its annoying but other than that I feel great. I hope you feel better and was it always bad or did it get worse as time went by? I don't want to be in pain next week. I think my pain tolerance is high because I compare everything to child birth lol, I've been doing a lot, I even picked up my 40lb baby just once because I did it on reflex. I'm walking miles a day, idk if its helping me heal and I'm also taking extra zinc. I hope you get your pain killers because all doctors are different and pain freaking sucks.

aww man now I feel like a whiney baby! I've never had a kid, so I don't know what my pain tolerance is. Even if my pain tolerance is super wimpy I don't care- the fact is I hurt????

I'm walking daily 2-3 miles except yesterday, but every once and while I feel sharp pains that make me see stars and yell cusses. I think I deserve the best relief modern medicine has to provide. I want to get back to work and I don't feel like it's going to get better in the next week.

@@superbariatricbabe no no no don't feel like that! We are all different and pain sucks! I think I just had my first case of dump lol. I had a boiled egg with mayo and I was feeling terrible and uncomfortable, its going away now but I had to really gather myself because I was having some thoughts that were bad. You're walking a lot! Child labor sucks so bad its like the worst pain in life and I had a c section too, my baby was 10lbs 22inches long. I hope you do get better within the week, as for me I'm going back to my liquid diet, I don't want to ever dump again.

@@superbariatricbabe no no no don't feel like that! We are all different and pain sucks! I think I just had my first case of dump lol. I had a boiled egg with mayo and I was feeling terrible and uncomfortable, its going away now but I had to really gather myself because I was having some thoughts that were bad. You're walking a lot! Child labor sucks so bad its like the worst pain in life and I had a c section too, my baby was 10lbs 22inches long. I hope you do get better within the week, as for me I'm going back to my liquid diet, I don't want to ever dump again.

Aw! Feel better! After my dumping experience it took about 36 hours before I had the courage to have non-broth foods.

Everybody- invest in a pack of wet wipes and keep them in the bathroom for dumping emergencies! My

Mother in law recommended this and she was totally right. It made a gross and terrible situation a little bit better.

@@superbariatricbabe thanks babe! Yeah its going to take a while, I'm scared. I didn't get that type of dumping, I wish I did, I got the type that gives you a stomach ache and nausea and sweating. I couldn't find a comfortable spot. The ish we gotta go through man lol.

I'm having buyers remorse I just want to be myself again.

I know no one is saying this but I miss sex.

Edited by layknee

@@layknee me too, I felt that way on day 5 and it comes and goes. I can totally see myself falling into depression over this. What are they going to do with you? Er visits suck so bad. I don't even feel that terrible until its time to eat, and go to sleep. I can't ever get comfortable and when I eat I feel crazy. I am happy about my weight loss though but I do wonder if I could of done this with the same diet minus the surgery.

@@layknee lolll I don't even want to be touched. Plus I aint got no ho*s lol. My sons father was expressing how he would be more than glad to get me off, but yuck forget him. I haven't done anything in like a month, and I won't go back to doing him.

Morning fellow gladiators! OMG. I just dropped my kindle on my stomach. Ouch!!! My first night st home went pretty good! I set my alarm for every 4 hours to take my meds. I slept great in between. I have my bed raised about 30degrees and slept on my back. Are half. Popsicle this morning when I was up telling kids goodbye. I need to get in some Protein today so I can take my Vitamins. For those who went home with a drain, how often did you need to change dressing? Oh! I was so excited when I got up to pee, I had a BM too! LOL! Brett just laughed when I told him...but to NOT be constipated is great!! Ok...gonna go doze a while more.

Hi All it's been a while since I have been here and wanted to do a quick check in. I had a tough time with fluids Clear Liquids were very hard and the first week got dehydrated. The swollow test in the hospital showed a very swollen esophagus got 3 liters of fluids and still dehydrated but better. Finally at 2 weeks and getting fluids in just Water and ice pops and I started a Protein Shake a day so doing better. I was having so much omg what have I done but it is getting better. Cooking for the kids still a little hard. Went and signed up at the gym yesterday lol just signed up haven't actually gone. Good luck everyone it is a tough road but at week two off blood pressure meds, insulin too. And my skirt actually fell too my knees lol and a shirt that I love but was always too small is now big. It does work!!!!

Maybe that's what's going on with me. I drink a sip of Water and my stomach cramps.

Idk but now everything is bothering me even Water, ugh I feel crazy inside. I'm going to act like I just woke up from surgery and not have anything for 24 hours.

Once you get dehydrated it's like a vicious cycle. Need more but then pain cramping. I would make sure your doctor knows what you're going though. When I got my IV fluids I was just in the infusion room for about 5 hours and then home so it wasn't an admission.

@@amylynns I was told to change by dressing daily following a shower or whenever they were soaked with Water. She stated that moisture would breed infection. Having the drain is very weird for me.

I'm so happy to be home from the hospital. I have been very cautious and trying to drink as much Water as possible. I've also been sipping on a Protein shake all morning.

How is everyone else doing with clear liquids?