Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kristen's Journey From Pre-Op and Beyond

I think that's normal. The extra skin is a result of the tremendous effort on your part for such a great accomplishment. Getting your mind to think that way....different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt7546

Monthly update!

I'm still going to the gym. In fact, I have my gym clothes on now and about to hit the treadmill and weights.

I had to go to my chiropractor yesterday because of course my SI joint slipped out last week and refused to go back in. When I was about to leave I had a sharp pain shoot across the left side of my chest. He said I had a rib subluxation. Geez. I can't even leave his office before hurting myself. I informed him I will be going to the gym and most likely going to see him weekly until my muscles are strong enough to hold everything in place again.

Meanwhile, I'm now 6+ weeks into a stall. My weight has been bouncing from 166-168. I'm trying to be patient and ride it out. I've also been tracking to make sure I'm hitting Protein goals and have been pounding the Water as well. I know the last 10 pounds are the hardest so hoping it doesn't last too long.

New low weight today! 165.6. I guess working out was the jump/push I needed to get the scale moving today.

Also, I lost a LOT of hair and it is finally coming back. Thankfully my sister is a cosmetologist so she is helping me blend the new hairs in.

Here is a pic of me celebrating my new low weight, first pair of knee-high boots and haircut.

post-233184-14493559359149_thumb.jpg

post-233184-14504385577009_thumb.jpg post-233184-14504385694767_thumb.jpg

post-233184-14504037309747_thumb.jpg post-233184-1450403750051_thumb.jpg

I've completed half of the C25K program. I've attempted it before but never gotten this far because my back wouldn't allow me. I've gotten pretty good at putting my SI joint back in place with a foam roller!

I also have to take it a little slower. I pay close attention to my body and at the moment running two days a week allows me to recover and still make progress. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I'm also doing some light weight lifting and occasional Zumba. Monday I did legs and could only leg press 50 pounds. When I was on the soccer team I could leg press 400 pounds...I'm not looking to do THAT much again but I was kind of disappointed.

The scale went down 4 pounds then back up 3. That usually happens when I begin exercising so I'm not worried. On a side note, my legs are looking fierce! I'm getting my muscular, athletic build back. ????????

I've been feeling "off" the past few days. Not myself. Almost like my brain is a child throwing a tantrum and refuses to cooperate in any way. I've been pushing myself to go to work but I can't focus and I pretty much want to stab anyone who asks me to make any kind of decision. Normally I'm self-motivated but I can't seem to find any motivation. I've still been going to the gym though. ????????

I talked to Mom because she knows me best and she immediately pointed out the obvious. It's our seasonal depression. We get it every year when the days are shortened. I didn't realize it because it's 85 degrees in Florida in December! But yes, it is dark when I leave work. Thankfully I have an appointment with my PCP next month. Maybe he can help. Otherwise I'll be waiting for some sunshine in the Sunshine State. I hate winter.

I started my second round of Whole 30 on January 1 and I signed up for a 5K AND a 15K in March. ????????????????????????

2016 is going to be awesome. Here are my goals:

1) Get stronger in the gym.

2) Run a 5K.

3) Complete a 15K.

4) Eat as clean as possible.

5) Hit my goal weight of 155.

I saw my PCP today so he could order blood work. He walked in the room, gave me a piece of paper with my previous weights and a lovely graph where it skydives down. He's so proud of me. We discuss possible skin removal. He said I'm most definitely ready and can start thinking about it. He estimates I have about 10 extra lbs of skin. Best part of the appointment: he said I had a "tiny body". ???? MY DOCTOR SAID I'M TINY!

Edited by KristenVSG2014

I saw my PCP today so he could order blood work. He walked in the room, gave me a piece of paper with my previous weights and a lovely graph where it skydives down. He's so proud of me. We discuss possible skin removal. He said I'm most definitely ready and can start thinking about it. He estimates I have about 10 extra lbs of skin. Best part of the appointment: he said I had a "tiny body". ???? MY DOCTOR SAID I'M TINY!

Congratulations! Just read through your whole story...you look STUNNiNG...but even more important...you look happy, accomplished, healthy, excited, and determined. I haven't had surgery yet, won't until Feb 23rd. I hope I do as well as you have.

God bless!

Just to give you an example of how I lost my weight month to month:

13.8 lbs (pre-op)

21.8 lbs 1st month

8.6 lbs 2nd month

8.6 lbs 3rd month

8 lbs 4th month

7.1 lbs 5th month

4.7 lbs 6th month

5 lbs 7th month

10 lbs 8th month (ate super clean)

4.8 lbs 9th month

1.4 lbs 10th month

1.4 lbs 11th month

2.6 lbs 12th month

2 lbs 13th month

I'm now 1.6 from my goal weight, then I want to lose an additional 5 for a bounce range. As you can see, with the exception of month 8, the amount of weight I lost month to month lessened. There were times I went weeks with no loss then I'd lose some and then I wouldn't lose again for weeks. I actually gained 6 lbs in December (damn cakes and cookies) but I was able to lose it all and an additional 2 lbs but my chart above doesn't show that because I only track my losses from my lowest weight to my lowest weight.

I am scheduled for Feb 1st with Dr Lopez. It had been awesome reading thru your journey, thank you for posting all of your progress. You look absolutely amazing, and I love your boots ????. I was a little nervous about going to Mexico but now, I am so excited!

I am scheduled for Feb 1st with Dr Lopez. It had been awesome reading thru your journey, thank you for posting all of your progress. You look absolutely amazing, and I love your boots ????. I was a little nervous about going to Mexico but now, I am so excited!

It is SO worth it. It's a bit more difficult because we don't have a surgeon to follow up with but my PCP has been fantastic. Do you have a doctor back home to follow up with?

Edited by KristenVSG2014

Yes, my PCP is completely supportive of my decision. Reading your journey has got me so excited to start mine. The first just can't get here quick enough. How was the environment at the hospital there? I am worried about having a language barrier.

Edited by Adina's_Journey