Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I feel just like a 4 year old, are we there yet? ......What about now...........now.

It's OFFICIAL I cannot stand the spell check at Bariatric Pal. Who corrects "today" as "to day."

Now that I am over that I can move on to better things.

Welcome @armygalafwife. What kind of prep are you doing?

Hi, my surgery is Tuesday Oct 28th, as much as I would love to go to day and skip the next 5 days of worrying, I have to wait patiently my turn.

@@Beni Tuesday's are great surgery days --- it will be here in a wink of an eye!

Edited by Jyoyonomore

@@AuriP I can totally understand the "I can't wait to feel good about my decision." It is by far my greatest worry. But then I remember going home with my newborn child in some serious pain and after two weeks of living in my nightgown (I had 3 the same color so it felt like I never changed) and barely functioning due to sleep deprivation and I thought, I can't do this, I'm just not strong enough. My baby had colic and cried almost non stop. She wouldn't latch, the formula made her throw up. It was ruff. At one point, I was walking up the stairs and stopped midway collapsed on the steps and cried like a baby. I was so exhausted I wanted to die. Two weeks with almost no sleep will do that to you.

I look at it now and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I sincerely hope this surgery will be the same. Ruff to start with but gradually we'll get the hang of it. Or at least die trying. No one can say we didn't try because we gave it everything we got.

@@Jyoyonomore

You are so kind. Yes, Tuesdays are awesome days.

I am at the hospital at pre-registration. I am a nervous wreck!

Edited by kimodell69

My prep is serious lacking. I am a self pay and my surgeon only required me to get tested for sleep apnea and get my PCMs approval, which she dragged her feet on. I started my liquid diet, but not sure it's a true liquid diet. I'm okay with it though, since I'm following what they gave me.

The lack of prep really has me stressing about my likelihood of success. Also, I'm doing it as an outpatient surgery, which after reading some of the posts on here, I'm seriously worried about the pain. I've had two sisters have the sleeve done and one says it will be fine and the other says she was doubled over in the fetal position. I just keep thinking, I just had a c-section and u did OK and I had an appendectomy where it burst and I was OK with that. So, here's hoping it goes well and I can handle the pain.

I am at the hospital at pre-registration. I am a nervous wreck!

You'll be okay. Us previous gladiators have been in your shoes, we'll be here after you come out! Good luck!

Now I'm post op!!!! So glad to have it done! I'll read everything later and write more????

@@AuriP that is my motivation also, mine are older just not in any hurry.

@@Beni we gave birth to the same child. Refreshing way to look at recovery. Its true if you can survive childbirth this should be good. I too can make it. Right now I have three of the same pj/lounge wear. I will NEVER wear again

@@Melora

I had gained a lot of Water weight in the last month of my pregnancy and I looked like the Pillsbury dough boy. I ordered at the last minute these mint green breastfeeding nightshirts. They were inexpensive and looked the part. They were actually huge with big giant holes for breastfeeding. I looked and felt like a tent wearing them. I have never been fond of mint green ever since.

How are you doing a week after? Pain managable? Feel free to be honest. I'm a gladiators and fear is not a factor. Lol!

My prep is serious lacking. I am a self pay and my surgeon only required me to get tested for sleep apnea and get my PCMs approval, which she dragged her feet on. I started my liquid diet, but not sure it's a true liquid diet. I'm okay with it though, since I'm following what they gave me.

The lack of prep really has me stressing about my likelihood of success. Also, I'm doing it as an outpatient surgery, which after reading some of the posts on here, I'm seriously worried about the pain. I've had two sisters have the sleeve done and one says it will be fine and the other says she was doubled over in the fetal position. I just keep thinking, I just had a c-section and u did OK and I had an appendectomy where it burst and I was OK with that. So, here's hoping it goes well and I can handle the pain.

are you doing sleeve? I had RNY bypass and ther ia no way I could do outpatient. Best of luck to you.

I'm doing the sleeve.

I had my "what have I done" moment last night. Cried like a baby, which really hurts by the way!! My pain is 90% on the right side where the drain is. I felt bad that Brett was not only having to do my work at work (we work together) but then he had to come home and deal with the dogs. Kids, and supper. And he had a Horrid headache cuz he didn't take time to eat that day. So yeah, I felt awful. Hopefully each day will get better..

@armygalafwife. every ones PreOp & Prep is unique so follow what your Surgeon recommends. Good Luck!!!