Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Good afternoon, yes, every NUT advises differently. I know that the min intake for me is 60g and the max is 80 as your body really does not absorb much more than that per daily basis(or so my NUT says) lol I also take Gummy Vitamins and sublingual B12 in addition to vit d3 2000 IU daily. I was fortunate not to lose my hair, was obsessing abut it and so I made sure to hit the Protein mark daily tin efforts to maintain.

How are you feeling now?

@@Unbesleeveable, great job!

Hello All. Thanks for starting this thread. I just recently got sleeved on December 15th. I'm 10 days post op and things are getting better. After several days of gas and nausea, I decided to do a little research and discovered that the artificial sweeteners can increase the gas. So I stopped consuming artificial sweeteners (crystal light, sugar free Popsicle, sugar free everything). I never thought fake sugar was good for you anyway, I'm more of a naturalista though. Anyway, I've felt so much better since I stopped.

Also, I am adamantly against Protein shakes. I can even smell them without getting nauseous. So my Protein intake has been low. Hopefully, that will change once I'm able to eat fish and yogurt in a few days. I'm holding out until then.

I have my first post op appointment tomorrow, so I will see how much I've actually lost then. My home scale is a bit off. But I estimate around 16 lbs since surgery.

I have been reading some of the stories about insurance reqs and approvals. I pray that each of you get approved and are able to have your surgery. Although, I almost regretted it the first two days after, it was the best decision I've made for my health and longevity.

Peace and Blessings to all that are on this journey to a healthier life!

Edited by MyssJones

GET OUR Proteins IN!!!! IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU DO, AT LEAST 60GRAMS DAILY

I have now started experiencing hair loss! I'm freaking out!

Same here even though I do get all my Protein and take my vits. It is slowing down though. Saturday I am going for the pixie cut.

@@kissez good luck and keep up the good work!

Hdd55146 I just had my VSG on 12/10 in Tijuana, MX by Dr. E. Ortiz with A Lighter Me. It was amazing. No complications, vomiting, nausea, and most of all no regrets. I will say depending on the distance you will be traveling the return flights were extremely exhausting. So pack light. I did and still only used about half of what I packed. Walk walk walk and bring a heating pad. It really helped with gas pains in my back.

Hello! So happy to find this group. My sleeve surgery will be Jan 28, 2015! I'm so excited. Can any one share what kind of Protein Shakes you are using? Is it true that flint stone gummy vitamins are ok? I have been taking prenatal Vitamins because someone told me it will help with hair. Also I just started to love my big butt.....will I lose it while losing weight? Lol

Hello All. Thanks for starting this thread. I just recently got sleeved on December 15th. I'm 10 days post op and things are getting better. After several days of gas and nausea, I decided to do a little research and discovered that the artificial sweeteners can increase the gas. So I stopped consuming artificial sweeteners (crystal light, sugar free Popsicle, sugar free everything). I never thought fake sugar was good for you anyway, I'm more of a naturalista though. Anyway, I've felt so much better since I stopped.

Also, I am adamantly against Protein Shakes. I can even smell them without getting nauseous. So my Protein intake has been low. Hopefully, that will change once I'm able to eat fish and yogurt in a few days. I'm holding out until then.

I have my first post op appointment tomorrow, so I will see how much I've actually lost then. My home scale is a bit off. But I estimate around 16 lbs since surgery.

I have been reading some of the stories about insurance reqs and approvals. I pray that each of you get approved and are able to have your surgery. Although, I almost regretted it the first two days after, it was the best decision I've made for my health and longevity.

Peace and Blessings to all that are on this journey to a healthier life!

I totally agree about the artificial sweeteners. I'm not sleeved yet (1/14/15) but I don't even use them now because they bother my stomach and give me headaches. And most of what you hear about them is never good. I'm worried my first 2 weeks post op will be nothing but broth. What have you been eating as an alternative to the sugar free products?

Hello all! Just found this group & very excited. Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had an enjoyable day.

I was sleeved 10/17 & had very few issues. My sleeve tolerates most things which is a good and bad thing.

@@Dee951, my butt ( and I use that term loosely because I barely had a butt before the sleeve) was one of first places I lost weight. Hopefully it will be different for you.

I currently get all of my Protein from food. However, prior to the surgery, I tried quite a few different brands of Protein Shakes and the only one I liked was the premier vanilla flavor. A lot of people also enjoy the chocolate premier. I also liked vanilla Unjury.

Hdd55146 I just had my VSG on 12/10 in Tijuana, MX by Dr. E. Ortiz with A Lighter Me. It was amazing. No complications, vomiting, nausea, and most of all no regrets. I will say depending on the distance you will be traveling the return flights were extremely exhausting. So pack light. I did and still only used about half of what I packed. Walk walk walk and bring a heating pad. It really helped with gas pains in my back.

Thanks for the info! Hope everything continues to be great for you!

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope everyone had a good day!

Hello all! Congrats to those that have been sleeved. I hope you are all doing well and making progress. Thanks for sharing your stories. They're really helpful to those of us that have not been sleeved yet.

I am scheduled to be sleeved on 12/29 in Tijuana, MX. My insurance wouldn't cover the surgery because my bmi is not high enough and I don't have any of the co-morbidity conditions that are required for coverage. For those ladies that went to MX (I saw a couple throughout the thread that said they were going), did you have any difficulties? Who was your surgeon?

I'm on my pre-op diet right now and I have one of the ones that allows for two or three Protein Shakes and a lean and green meal, which I'm grateful for. I know some are only allowed Clear Liquids and sometimes for a full two weeks! Can't wait to get through it and get my surgery done. It's all I think about.

Best of luck to you all on your journey! I hope each and everyone of you not only meet your goal but also conquer whatever issues and bad habits you had that got you to where you were to begin with. I'm praying for you and please pray for me!

Hello all! Congrats to those that have been sleeved. I hope you are all doing well and making progress. Thanks for sharing your stories. They're really helpful to those of us that have not been sleeved yet.

I am scheduled to be sleeved on 12/29 in Tijuana, MX. My insurance wouldn't cover the surgery because my bmi is not high enough and I don't have any of the co-morbidity conditions that are required for coverage. For those ladies that went to MX (I saw a couple throughout the thread that said they were going), did you have any difficulties? Who was your surgeon?

I'm on my pre-op diet right now and I have one of the ones that allows for two or three Protein Shakes and a lean and green meal, which I'm grateful for. I know some are only allowed clear liquids and sometimes for a full two weeks! Can't wait to get through it and get my surgery done. It's all I think about.

Best of luck to you all on your journey! I hope each and everyone of you not only meet your goal but also conquer whatever issues and bad habits you had that got you to where you were to begin with. I'm praying for you and please pray for me!

SO SMART of you to do it before your BMI is outrageous and before developing comorbidities!!! love it!

Hello all I got sleeved on 12/4 and I'm from TN. Haven't started going back to the gym yet... had some complications. But I'm ok now starting Monday if all goes well!!

I totally agree about the artificial sweeteners. I'm not sleeved yet (1/14/15) but I don't even use them now because they bother my stomach and give me headaches. And most of what you hear about them is never good. I'm worried my first 2 weeks post op will be nothing but broth. What have you been eating as an alternative to the sugar free products?

During phase 1, week one, post op- I mostly ate broth, regular pudding, regular Gatorade, Water with lime or lemon, regular Popsicles, and luigi Italian ice.

During phase 2, week 2 (full liquids)- I'm eating creamed Soup, 2% milk, soy milk, etc. and the same as week one. I try to aim for 30 g of Protein minimum. My goal is 40-60g.

Things will be much better during week 3/4 (Purée foods). I can have Greek yogurt, fish, eggs, etc. So I should have no problem getting 50-60g of Protein a day with REAL FOOD!!!!