Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Hi everyone. Was sleeved on 6/18. I had complications with my blood pressure right after surgery but have been doing fine every since. I pretty much eat anything I want at this point. Thankfully, I make good food choices most of the time. I still drink a lot of Protein Shakes, Protein Water and eat Protein Bars. I still struggle a lot with not eating enough food which is why I eat lots of protein bars and drink shakes. I usually work out 5 days a week. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

@@GenaW828 I can't do any vigorous exercise until 6 weeks post op. But I do want to get back in the gym and condition my body (it's been awhile).

I think I'll be able to walk the treadmill and light weights at this point. What's your plan?

@@MyssJones I don't know yet.. right now I feel like I can do the elliptical but probably once I get on it I will fall off lol..

Had my first post op appt today at just under 2 weeks post op.

Details:

~16 lbs down since pre op appt two weeks ago. I'm very excited that in just 14 days I have lost 16 pounds. I Know these numbers will decrease as I add more food to my diet, but I'm honestly very excited and aim to see another 14 come off before I hit 6 weeks post op.

~Not doing good enough with my Protein (not shocking since I don't drink Protein shakes). Dr. Lufti says I could sabotage this whole process by becoming protein deficient, so I'm going to try to do better with my efforts. I'm going to start my transition into puréed foods with greek yogurt in an attempt to get the protein ball rolling.

~Doing well with my water/liquid intake. I really only drink Gatorade and Water with lime/lemon.

Not horrible, but I have improvements to make.

I was sleeved on October 14th. Losing a pound a day or every other day. I have started at 315 and now down to 255. I will not buy any new clothes either.

I was sleeved 12/22. I'm struggling to get the required fluids in. Before I was a big Water drinker

Happy I came across this thread, my surgery is January 29, 2015!

Rfriend, welcome

Hello! Glad I found out about this thread, too. My sleeve is scheduled for Monday December 29th. I am so excited and scared all at the same time thanks for all of the help with your posts great knowledge!

You will do great with the surgery! We'll be waiting to see how you did.

Hello I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. My surgery date is 1/20/15. I can't wait, but I also don't think I'm ready.

Good luck to everyone in your journey to a healthier you.

Edited by amw713

@@Kimbella83 thanks for the info!

@@Kathy812 thank you for your reply. Are you still having issues?

@@Dee951, no actually everything is going pretty smoothly. No problems at all. Unlike a lot of people, I do get hungry & I have no adverse affects from the food I've eaten. So I have to be very careful and measure what I eat whenever possible because it's easy for me to eat more than I should.