Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Diva

I am doing great! Going to work tomorrow. Im getting all my Protein in as well as Water. Hru?

Diva

I am so ready for food myself. I want some of that soft tuna from subway, lol. I think I could handle it!

@@DivaDarling813 I don't get bloated until I start drinking. I haven't mastered the art of sipping. :) I've started making myself drink from a spoon. I was well over Protein Shakes too but I started drinking chocolate and adding PB2, ice, a couple of equal and blending it in my vitamixer to make more of a shake. MUCH better. For the strawberry, I just added ice, and sugar free raspberry Syrup and blended it. It's enough of a change that I think I'll make it to next Monday when I can start the mushies. I can't wait for a scrambled egg! You've got me rolling with your meatballs and apple sauce. I have to admit that apple sauce does sound good though - OK now, you're reeling me in! Congrats on the 19 - that's awesome!

I passed a month anniversary on 10/12. I'm down approximately 40 lbs..it's not easy getting in all the Protein. I'm on phase 3..I'm so over chicken and protein shakes...but the shakes are among the few things that go down well. I actually ran for the first time today, and it felt great being down 40 and not have to carry that weight on my legs! But I have a concern...anyone else have looming heartburn? My doc prescribed me prevacid..but I didn't have it this bad pre-op..anyone else have this issue?

Pre-Insurance approval phase....

Hello All. I just wanted to say I love reading all the posts. Im going thru all the insurance requirements. I have to do 6 months of weigh ins I'm in my 3rd month I'm looking at surgery sometime in April. I am so glad we have this site so we can follow everyone process.

hey now everyone! i was sleeved 4 weeks ago today and if it werent for my doctor wagging his finger at me, i'd be eating a salad right now LOL, that's how WELL everything is healing for me!

my biggest issue now is dealing with foods that DON'T make me sick. i don't tolerate alot of the things i used to love because they are so sugary--but i still do LOVE my sweet drinks and juices, so that is my struggle. i have always been more of a drinker than an eater so i can digest hundreds of calories per day in liquids alone...i have to watch it.

as far as food goes...meh. i can take it or leave it. i am trying to encourage myself to become more interested in healthy foods--but it's becoming even harder now than pre surgery. when i'm hungry--i don't care what i eat--i just want to get full. surgery hasn't been able to help me with that so i have to become very proactive.

Edited by mrsbailey921

Welcome Mrs Bailey

My sleeve tolerates most things too. Be very careful, lol. It will let you be a grazer.

i have a question...have any of you ladies suffered with Hair loss post surgery??

Welcome Mrs Bailey

My sleeve tolerates most things too. Be very careful, lol. It will let you be a grazer.

lol yes. my doctor did such an awesome job, if it werent for scars i'd feel like i never underwent surgery. my Sleevie is very tolerant--it's my mouth and eyes that are pretty strict lol. if i can get something down without getting sick---my Sleevie tolerates it. but ONLY if it doesn't make me nauseated first.

the only exception to the rule are really sugary foods. i had a sip of a milkshake the other day...UGH! nausea central once it went down!

but yes, i am going to watch it!

I haven't had any Hair loss to date. I have been taking my Biotin and Multi Vitamins religiously. I am 10 weeks out tomorrow.

ok i am pretty religious too with my Vitamins. my only exception has been 2 days, due to a stomach sickness. i couldnt eat ANYTHING without vomiting and i didn't want to waste 2 days worth of Vitamins.< /p>

i take Biotin every day and my Multivitamins every day too. hoping i don't have to deal with hair thinning or loss.

I have now started experiencing hair loss! I'm freaking out!

:( :( :( :(

Hello Everyone,

I am reading all of your posts/messages and responses... I would like to say congratulations to each and everyone of you on the courageous decision to have surgery. I was sleeved back on 2/27/2014 (under extreme duress) I went through a few hospital stays 4 (dehydration and subsequently learned that I am allergic to artificial sweeteners) I wanted to tell you all to be encouraged and truly work the process, give yourselves a chance, go at your own pace and watch the results! You will hit quite a few stalls and some will last for a few weeks at a time, but do not get discouraged, your body is simply trying to react to the rapid changes that it is going through. I was able to reach my goal in 8 months and 29 days after surgery 104 lbs lost!!!! what!!! yes!!!! Now, I am 5lbs past my goal !!!! I deal with the extreme physical changes that I see, some days are good and some are different, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. My quality of life and the ability to experience it at this size is priceless...I am still me, same woman...different size, I love it!

Many blessings too all of you

Edited by Unbesleeveable