Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Grehlin not gremlin

I thought gremlin was apropos. Don't feed them after midnight! ;-)

Hi everyone. I hope all are doing well. I was sleeved ion Sept 19th. I have lost 35 lbs. I have begun trying to eat some real food, but it is a bit trying. But, I am doing really great. Started having some GERD issues. Trying to not eat so close to bed and not laying down for at least an hour after I eat.

Always here to help in anyway I can. Good luck to all!

Hey! I was sleeved the same day. I am down 20 pounds. I have just started working out. I am line dancing. I'm lost, but I love it. I am gonna try kickboxing today. I want to take my weight loss to the next level. I was low on energy, but I got some B12 nasal spray from my doctor and all is well with the world. Lol!

Checking in, I was sleeved 9/24 and am doing great though still trying to figure out the food. I know it takes awhile. It is hard for me to get all the liquid in. That is goal this week.

I was sleeved on 9-18-14. I am down 44.5 1bs. Weight on day of surgery 363 lbs. I am still so very fatigue. I am so happy about the weight loss. But I wish I felt better

I was sleeved on 9-18-14. I am down 44.5 1bs. Weight on day of surgery 363 lbs. I am still so very fatigue. I am so happy about the weight loss. But I wish I felt better

For me, some days are better than other days. I still am fatigued. But it is easier for me to get up from chairs and walk. I have to be happy with small achievements. Take your Vitamins and Iron and Calcium too. Lots of Water to flush out your body. Protein helps keep the muscles strong. Keep the faith!

I was sleeved on 09/24/14.. Still trying to get my fluids and Protein in.. I saw my Primary Doctor to have blood work done for my thyroid. Hoping my numbers are a bit lower than before.. Well he weighed me, and I now weigh 194.. I'm so excited, but I can honestly say that I miss food, cooking daily is such a challenge. My appointment with my surgeon is on 11/11, I'm hoping he says that I can finally eat something that is not liquid. I wish all the September sleevers the best on this new journey we are on.. Good Luck :)

Edited by Cin's Awesome Sauce

Checking in, I was sleeved 9/24 and am doing great though still trying to figure out the food. I know it takes awhile. It is hard for me to get all the liquid in. That is goal this week.

Right –

I was sleeved 9/23 and getting all my liquids in is a challenge too. I've never been a big liquid drinker or Breakfast person. I need to make a bigger effort for walk breaks, since I have a desk job and sit all day. I haven't lost any weight this week & seeing my family on the weekend. They are excepting some noticeable weight loss. Never thought my negative family could be so supportive. It's like the invasion of body snatchers & what have you done with my family?

This weeks goal, Move more each day!

I was sleeved on 9/24. No problems with Protein, I actually like the shakes. I get the bariatric Vitamins but after chewing, the powdery residue gets to me. I am having trouble with my solids. I don't feel full until it is too late. It is so hard to get your head on the same page with your stomach. I am trying to downsize the amount I eat. but, greatest thing I ever did. not sure if the weight loss or the nasal B-12, but I feel great with no fatigue. Down about 32 pounds.

1st shopping trip yesterday. My daughters and coworkers had been telling me it was time to buy new pants. I am so excited to have bought jeans and shirts 2 sizes smaller than I had on. ????????????

Heading into week 7 now. Getting more comfortable with eating as I figure out what works well and what to avoid. liquids are not so distasteful now. meats of any kind still taste funny so I am eating more Beans and peas and they taste wonderful. Also cheese, yogurt, and nuts are on my good list. My pants size has gone from a 22/24 to a 16/18. All in all, each day is getting better. The only real hurdle is bad anemia but am addressing that with supplements. I can't wait to see how things are in another month.

LAG & JCP - Congrats on the new size! I have been reluctant to shop for new clothes. Sleeved on 9/24 and down about 28 pounds.

Yesterday I went to shop for a new bra out of necessity - I hav lost 4 inches in the band size. Jeans were on sale & I found myself picking up my usual size. After all was said and done I was in a jean 2 sizes smaller. I could not wait to get home and tell my husband. I can't wrap my brain around the idea that I may get down to my wedding day weight -- 150 pounds. Alll three of us will look so amazing at 150!

9/23 Sleever down 32lbs (17 since surgery). Losing slowly but surely. Still dealing with the shoulder pain but being told my my doctor that it's the stitch from the Hiatal Hernia he repaired and it may be a few months ???????? lol. Feel good otherwise. I am just frustrated as heck with foods. It's such a battle each meal to make sure what I eat is enjoyable and worry free. Make sure you chew, are you full??, the food didn't go down well. I just want to be able to eat food and simply feel ok on small portions.

I'm only down 18lb since surgery on 9/18, but I'm still pleased with that. My jeans (which had been too tight to wear in August) have been on the verge of falling down so I got out a size smaller from my stash of clothes in all different sizes and was surprised to find that they fit perfectly. I don't have a problem with my bras because as I put on weight I used the same ones with band expanders, so I can start to remove those as they get too loose.

As far as food is concerned I seem to be managing OK but haven't attempted to eat any meat or chicken yet - I can't face it. Mostly have been digesting everything OK but surprisingly had some trouble with some steamed salmon so ended up cutting it up finely and making fishcakes instead. I'm pleased to say that I don't feel hungry and definitely know when I'm getting full - hope that state of affairs lasts as long as possible.

Over the weekend I went out for a celebratory meal with a group of friends who don't know I've had surgery. I chose something light but nevertheless could only manage half of it, eating very slowly I was pleased that nobody noticed - they were all too busy clearing their own plates and talking!

I did mine September 24. I am at the soft food stage now and scared of it. i puree any food i want to eat. Yesterday i had some tuna with tartar sauce. It took me an hour to eat 1/4 of it.

Super frustrated at this stage but i know it will get better. Loosing slowly cause i am not super strict on myself but still losing.

i am hating the process really but i know i need to take it one day at a time.

Ok not sure what to do, everything I eat now I am getting sick from, it doesn't want to stay down and I also feel like I can't eat it again. Any suggestions on what I can do????