Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I've hit that stall this wk too. I was sleeved on 9/30. I think that's partially due to the fact that I have been exhausted the last few days so I haven't been moving and exercising as much as I should be.

Today unfortunately, I woke up with what appears to be a nasty head cold. As it's the wknd, and given its non emergency status, I haven't contacted my surgeon yet. But does anyone know what meds we can take? I know to stick to liquids and Tylenol at this point, but is there a change in the amt we can take? I'm unsure so haven't taken anything as of yet but I am not sure I can keep that up lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am a month out today. I know that everyone's diets are very different. I'm wondering about how many calories people are eating. I am exercising about 4 days a week for 45-60 minutes a day. I burn between 500-750 calories. Tonight I am starving but I have had 850 calories. Does this sound about right?

I does for me. My calories fluctuate between 800 and 1000, depending.

I was sleeved on 9/24. Lost 21 pounds post surgery. Now it seems like every time I step on the scale there is either no weight loss or a gain of a pound. Getting very discouraging. Not sure if it's because I am at stage 4 with more solid food. I also have intense shoulder pain that usually wakes me up around 4AM and keeps me awake. Bothers me a little in the morning but fine for most of the day except when I bend over.

Looks like there's a few of us here experiencing some of the same stuff. I was sleeved 9/23 and have only lost 15 lbs and still battling the dreaded shoulder pain that comes on whenever I have any stomach discomfort or for any other reason. Icing and hot cold Patches help deal with it but wondering when that will end. I've lost 3 lbs steadily but it's been frustrating. Thought I would've lost more. No stalls yet but awaiting its arrival with my luck lol!!

My surgery date was 9/24 and I've been on a stall for 14 days now. I've lost 13lbs since surgery.

I've not had really any issues with any foods yet. Today I walked for an hour without getting too tired or having any stomach pain after. I feel pretty good.

HW - 257

SW - 244

CW - 231

Where's everyone else that has surgery in September at?

I was sleeved on 9/15 and have stalled for 2 weeks now. Down 16#. Wish it was more, but I'll take 16 versus nothing at all.

*lexie*

Good for you you're doing awesome! I had my surgery on the 19th and by October 1st I had lost 15lbs post op- and on Oct 1st my stall began! It too lasted 14 days. I made sure I got in all of my Water and tried for my Protein goal daily, I also increased my walking from 1 to 1.5 mile- finally this past week the scale started moving again. I read a lot about stalls, so I gave myself a three week waiting period, if I was still stalled after three weeks I would've started being crazy. Luckily, it ends. Personally I feel great- lots of energy, no food issues. The only strange thing is I have had a swollen gland on the side of my neck since surgery. I was thinking maybe I was scratched when they pulled the tube out- but it's been a month. Is anyone else having this issue?

I had my surgery the same day. I have also been working hard to get my protein in. Honestly, I feeling really good so far. I didn't really work out much this first month. I was nervous about my healing process. I had no complications, and I desired to keep it that way. But I had a great first workout Friday. And I look for more to come.

So I have a question and need help My brother is having a birthday party for my niece I will be one month out of surgery. They are having pizza as the food, should I bring my own food or do you think its ok to eat the pizza, or should i just eat the cheese. Let me know your thought please.

You will be in soft foods by then. If you didn't bring food, you can eat the toppings (ie. Cheese and pepperoni). Now I am not sure what your people would say about onions and other hard raw things, but you can't really go wrong with the cheese. You should also drink a shake right before the party. I would also bring my Protein Shakes.

My surgery date was 9/24 and I've been on a stall for 14 days now. I've lost 13lbs since surgery.

I've not had really any issues with any foods yet. Today I walked for an hour without getting too tired or having any stomach pain after. I feel pretty good.

HW - 257

SW - 244

CW - 231

Where's everyone else that has surgery in September at?

I was sleeved on 9/18 and a month later have lost 18lb. I am not getting any exercise at the moment though because I still have quite a lot of pain from the surgery that gets worse when I'm standing or sitting upright. Bending and twisting is difficult too - the hospital says that there are deep stitches that can pull and cause pain and that for some people this can last several months. Looks like I drew the short straw on that one.

I'm not eating very much and am supposed to be introducing more solid foods now but am reluctant to try meat or chicken unless its minced - just can't face solid lumps of anything. Probably not drinking enough either - I have to keep reminding myself that Water is essential to help the body break down fat to produce energy (Krebs Cycle) - so not drinking it is self-defeating. When I have dieted before and managed to drink plenty of water I lost weight quite fast.

I have decided to weigh myself only on the first of the month and on the 'monthiversary' of my surgery otherwise I could get discouraged. I think I only lost 3lb between the 1st and 18th of this month so am hoping that's the stall over.

howdy September sleevers!!! so glad to hear everyones progress. just noticed a few people hitting stalls. Please read and understand a phenomenon that they call the 3rd week stall. hits almost everyone. I think it stems from the shock of surgery and the changing diet as you transition into pureed foods. do not worry, stick to your plan. I feel that I have hit that stall and slowed way down from my first 10 or so days when I was down 16 pounds. I am waiting for that large incision to heal so I can work out. today it was sore from a long active day at work and I could really use a day off. I guess I still have a boat load of oxycodone I can dip into, but I would rather not. congrats to each and every one of you. [/quote

I to have hit a 3 week stall. The scale hasn't moved this week. I thought of me over eating which I'm not. Then I thought of not enough Protein. I'm counting my calories so i feel ok now. I know my body is just trying to adjust as I have interrupted it's normal routine. I can pretty much eat what I want soft and mushy that is. But there is one thing I love but my digestive system doesn't. #cheese! I think I now have an allergic reaction to it and of course eating to much in a day can cause Constipation. eggs aren't my friend at all but mash potatoes are. This all to me is beyond what I could imagine last year this time.

Waneta35, that is my daily concern. In my mind, I think I am chewing gone enough but then I swallow and feel like I am dying. 85% of the time my meals come back up as they are generally stuck and not making it through the sleeve. I literally hate food and eating now.

I was sleeved 9/3 and down just shy of 40 pounds. Glad I had the procedure but hate food and eating now.

Hey..33pds down sense sept 24th.. go back to work nov 3rd..depends on what kind of work u do..normally u out for 2 i work at hospital so my doc gave me 5weeks.. no complications. .

I hit a stall. Like so many others, I didn't think it would happen, but three weeks comes around and nothing happens! Stay the course.. I think I am moving downward again. Have lost 20 pounds and have not had any slime or food issued yet. Scares me that the transition to solids has been so easy. I need to work on slowing down when I eat. I have been able to eat an entire container of yogurt which concerns me. I fear he left me too large a stomach!

@@auntjanny when I eay yogurt or any more. My body stomach tenses up that lets me know hey u had enough. . 1 small container usually lasts me 2days ..Its all in ur mind... slow down..I sometimes forget and make large portions and it end up sitting in fridge and later going on trash...pray...good luck

Fast typing misspelled some words

@@*Lexie*

I stalled for about a week... so much fun to see the weight drop off daily, then crushing when it stops... I started back up again and back on track.

HW 321

SW 303

CW 275

I started hitting the gym more vigorously and fluctuated my calorie intake to boost my weight loss again.