Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was up and about 2 days after my sleeve too. Everyone heals differently. I had no pain, took no pain meds - didn't even get the script filled. I was able to tolerate soft/pureed foods early too. My energy levels have never faultered. I went back to work the Wednesday following my Thursday surgery.

My sleeve was 3 Sep 14 and I was in the hospital for three days. NOTHING wanted to stay down and being allergic to whey was detrimental. I tried to sip that Whey Protein the first day and OMG!! WTH!! Who left the front door open!!! I am seriously trying to find a good non-whey Protein Drink and powder!!!

I'm allergic to whey so I went to GNC and purchased 100% egg protein

Hi all, I am new to this forum and have a few questions.

My name is Cassy and I got my gastric sleeve on September 10th at 9am. I'm very pleased with my weight loss and the overall effects of surgery, but my surgical experience was terrible! I woke up in recovery feeling as if I was being suffocated due to the gas pressure which lasted a day. A lot of my hospital stay was a blur of pain meds and long naps. I've had a c section and gallbladder surgery, but this was by far the most painful procedure. I'm so jealous of those who had no issues! I was out of the hospital in 2 1/2 days and I'm currently eating soft foods. I am already back to work. I'm a CT technologist and I'm on my feet 12 hour shifts. Is anyone else feeling sore and worn down? Any helpful suggestions. I'm scared to drink a 5 hour energy, but I'm a night shifter and have an hour drive into work and need to stay awake! Any helpful suggestions on boosting my energy?

Are you taking B12? Shot or pill

I was sleeved 9-2, feeling pretty good so far. Went back to work on the 18th, on my feet for 8 hours straight. It had been a whole month today, but honestly I haven't started formally exercising yet. I just feel so tired when I get home from work, and I've been sleeping A LOT if I don't set an alarm. It is non-stop at work, so I'm having trouble making breaks to drink water...I only pee like twice a day, which is awful I know. I used to be a Water chugger, getting used to sipping water all day had been the hardest adjustment. Protein hasn't been a problem, and I'm pretty much eating normal food, just protein first and then cooked veggies. I haven't weighed myself since my 2 week follow up, but I'm starting to be able to see it in the mirror. Body dysmorphia horribly alters how I see myself, but I'm trying to think positive.

Where is everyone at exercise-wise? I am looking forward to being able to exercise without being in pain, but my fatigue is still overwhelming sometimes. I'm officially cleared to go back to riding my horse though :-) we both have to get back in shape!

Are you taking B12? Shot or pill

The pill, didn't know the shot was an option

Hello everyone, my name is Bernie and I am post op sleeve.I had surgery on the 18th of September and I am loving every day of it, I feel that I have a second chance. Since the surgery I have lost over 25 lbs and I walk at least an hour a day. I feel better everyday, just can't wait to go back to work. But I won't lie I am scared to go back, I am not eating that much and when I go back how will eating work. Can I get some advice and types on what to do so that I can use my tool wisely and not hurt myself with going out to fast food restaurants. Also I need support buddies to talk to please let me know if you are interested. Well hope everyone has a great night.

I am amazed how different some of our post op directives are... Not in a bad way, just such a range. I was sleeved on 9/22 and am on full liquids two full weeks. Puréed starts next week and I can begin treadmill type exercise as opposed to leisure strolling. Puréed is another two weeks, then soft foods... I was encouraged to take 6 weeks off of work. Not sure how long I will be off, but I think 4 weeks for sure. I had post op with Dr yesterday and don't go back for 5 weeks.

@@champ72, I am eating 4 oz lean meat usually chicken (and not all of that generally). I do cooked to mush broccoli, mashed potatoes, kale, etc. I make a shake a day with yogurt, almonds, Protein mix, Robard vanilla pudding mix, milk and ice. It helps get a large amount of protein in.

Steph Jo 89084, sleeved the same day and probably having similar experience. I am having trouble chewing fine enough so the pain of food going down is REAL - ouch!!

I am amazed how different some of our post op directives are... Not in a bad way, just such a range. I was sleeved on 9/22 and am on full liquids two full weeks. Puréed starts next week and I can begin treadmill type exercise as opposed to leisure strolling. Puréed is another two weeks, then soft foods... I was encouraged to take 6 weeks off of work. Not sure how long I will be off, but I think 4 weeks for sure. I had post op with Dr yesterday and don't go back for 5 weeks.

I think that comes from surgeons, training and practices and what they have seen work with the band and RNY for recovery. My surgeon has me on liquids for 2 weeks, puree and mush for 2 weeks then solids, but I also get a prescription acid controller and blood thinner for almost a month too.

I am booked off work for 4 weeks but mostly because I am a consultant and I can't fly or lift my suitcase until the month is up... i am not sure what I am going to do with myself for that month but I will figure it out!

Yes there is a lot of difference between Dr. I'm on liquid 3 weeks but if I can 4 says it's better for stomach to heel. Went back to work in a week and a half. Sleeved 9/10 doing good tried Greek yogurt 5 oz could only eat half at a time. Ugh liquids go down easy.

Ladies - Have any of you noticed a hormonal change yet? I have PCOS, and hypothyroid disease, and haven't noticed any change yet. I'll be asking my Dr. today when I can expect to notice. Just wondering if anyone from Sept. has noticed changes.

Ladies - Have any of you noticed a hormonal change yet? I have PCOS, and hypothyroid disease, and haven't noticed any change yet. I'll be asking my Dr. today when I can expect to notice. Just wondering if anyone from Sept. has noticed changes.

No change for me yet...I've read some gals start their periods very soon after, but I guess some don't...

I started my period 2 days before my surgery, so I hope she stays away for a bit! lol I will tell you that my 2 babies come from having successful weight loss 2x before ;) I have PCOS, too.

Hi, very new at this. Sleeved on September 16th. Doing great. Back to work. Exercising. Drinking all my liquids. Lost 10lbs week one but nothing since. Go to post-op checkup Tomorrow. Hope I start losing soon.

I was sleeved on 9/15 and had lost 12 pounds and then day 8 nothing. I actually gained a few pounds and have been sitting there for almost two weeks. My doc said it was completely normal. It's super frustrating but hanging in there and going to the gym 4 times a week thinking something will eventually happen. :)