Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was sleeved on 9/16 and had my 2 week post-op visit today. The only lingering symptom I have is fatigue, but I just need to bring up my liquids and calories to combat this (easier said than done!). The good news is that I am down 19 since surgery for a total of 36 since the start of the liquid diet on 9/1. Woo hoooo! The surgeon also lets us start on regular textured food today.

Edited by angel22_99

Angela, when were you sleeved? I was 9/10 and am just now feeling more normal. I too felt depression and cried a lot the first week to 10 days. Don't fear... Give yourself lots of time and rest.

I was sleeved on the 23rd. thanks! I felt a little better today. This evening, I felt a little down. I appreciate the uplifting words. I am always reading scripture inspirations, but somehow, I don't heed them. Lol

Thanks JCP for your message. I'm doing the same thing not weighting myself. Won't know till 10/9 how much weight I've lost. Congratulations to all September sleeves and on to our new journey with much success to all. I believe this is the best thing I've done for myself and I hope everyone feels the same. I finally get pureed food tomorrow. Yeah! Looking forward to hearing all are progress along the way.

Two weeks post op now. The last couple of days have had a lot of "deep ache" where the sutures were set on the left side. Any activity I do that uses core muscles hurts enough to send me looking for pain meds twice a day. Other than that, I am still doing well. Morning smoothie made from greek yogurt, almond milk, 2 scoops of Protein Powder (52 proteins), one raw egg, one small banana) is going down good. Herbal teas are going down good. Got to start liquid vitamins this week, and those are going down good. Walking several times a day. Sitting at the computer to do work uses those core muscles a lot, as does going up and down the stairs. And bending over to do simple things, like scoop dog food, feed my dogs, etc. is the type of activity that sends that deep ache over the top into full on acute pain.

Anybody else having deep pain at their incision site at this stage? How long does it last?

I'll be phoning my Dr. when his office opens later this morning to report and ask advice as well.

Edited by Sharon Walls

Hi, very new at this. Sleeved on September 16th. Doing great. Back to work. Exercising. Drinking all my liquids. Lost 10lbs week one but nothing since. Go to post-op checkup Tomorrow. Hope I start losing soon.

Anybody else having deep pain at their incision site at this stage? How long does it last?

I'm having a bit of pain nothing major but still feel it at two weeks out too. One left side as well. I'd be interested to hear others experience and what your doctor has to say.

First week, I had pain when rolling over from side to side. Getting better toward the end of week 2. Hope you feel better soon. ☺️

@@TheBlissfulNatural My surgery was on 9/24 and I found the first 3 days or so pretty rough. I slept a lot, was in a good amount of pain and had no desire to eat or drink anything. I'm still feeling weak but I'm relaxing and taking it easy. I hear that about a month out, energy is back and higher than before. My issue now is that I really want to eat and have another week or so until I move to soft food. This liquid diet is for the birds! Hang in there, it sucks but it's a means to an end.

@@TheBlissfulNatural My surgery was on 9/24 and I found the first 3 days or so pretty rough. I slept a lot, was in a good amount of pain and had no desire to eat or drink anything. I'm still feeling weak but I'm relaxing and taking it easy. I hear that about a month out, energy is back and higher than before. My issue now is that I really want to eat and have another week or so until I move to soft food. This liquid diet is for the birds! Hang in there, it sucks but it's a means to an end.

Thanks so much! I'm totally feeling the same way about food. Lol. I've been drooling over the Food Network all day. I want to eat. This Tomato Soup is not cutting it. I move to soft food in TWO weeks!

Two weeks post op now. The last couple of days have had a lot of "deep ache" where the sutures were set on the left side. Any activity I do that uses core muscles hurts enough to send me looking for pain meds twice a day. Other than that, I am still doing well. Morning smoothie made from greek yogurt, almond milk, 2 scoops of Protein powder (52 proteins), one raw egg, one small banana) is going down good. Herbal teas are going down good. Got to start liquid vitamins this week, and those are going down good. Walking several times a day. Sitting at the computer to do work uses those core muscles a lot, as does going up and down the stairs. And bending over to do simple things, like scoop dog food, feed my dogs, etc. is the type of activity that sends that deep ache over the top into full on acute pain.

I'll be phoning my Dr. when his office opens later this morning to report and ask advice as well.

I am just a little over two weeks (sleeved 9/16) and that deep left side pain decided to hit me today at about 3pm (and it's still there), where I have not had any pain at all since leaving the hospital. I also started back to work today and my job involves sitting at a desk all day, so I think my body is just not used to sitting all day. I hope it goes away soon as it is very distracting and annoying.

Hi everyone,

Congrats on the sleeve! I'm will be 1 month post op on the 4th. My biggest challenge so far is low energy and getting sick of swallowing all these pills!! I started this in a tight size 18 and I'm around a size 14 currently :-) Pretty excited about this!!

Highest: 275 (feb 2014)

Pre: 250.7 (July 2014)

Day of surgery: 237.5 (sep 4)

Current: 218.6 (oct 2)

That's awesome kona! I was sleeved on 9/4 as well! I get weighed again tomorrow!

Went to my 1 week follow up today and passed with flying colors. Back to work Monday. i am down 25 lbs and BMI is down 5 points. Wow. Still having trouble with GI gas. I started some Probiotics today. I hope that will help. I have taken them in the past and hope they help. Today I ate about 3 bites of scrambled eggs with cheese and mashed potatoes. I had not idea anything would taste so good. Got the 3 week plateau lecture today from the doctor. He said to just be tough and push through it.

Went to my 1 week follow up today and passed with flying colors. Back to work Monday. i am down 25 lbs and BMI is down 5 points. Wow. Still having trouble with GI gas. I started some probiotics today. I hope that will help. I have taken them in the past and hope they help. Today I ate about 3 bites of scrambled eggs with cheese and mashed potatoes. I had not idea anything would taste so good. Got the 3 week plateau lecture today from the doctor. He said to just be tough and push through it.

How are you doing so much two days after surgery and eating puréed foods? That's crazy. I can barely walk my stomach exit incision kills me. I'm ordered to stay on all liquids and then yogurt etc...for two weeks and no exercise whatsoever other than walking. I'm simply AMAZED. Your sleeve needs time to heal etc...didn't they give you any rules to follow?

that's what I was thinking