Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well! I can't take the Protein Shakes. They give me horrible pain. I'm not sure if it's gas or reflux or something else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tolerate all other liquids fine. :/

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well! I can't take the Protein Shakes. They give me horrible pain. I'm not sure if it's gas or reflux or something else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tolerate all other liquids fine.:/

Isopure drink may be an option for getting in your Protein until you get in solids. Also, you may want to try adding unflavored protein to drinks and broth. Hope that helps.

Thank you. Ill try to get some today.

@@sweethime you may want to try non-whey Protein Shakes. I found out I'm allergic to whey. Throw up violently in hospital and extended my stay 3 days. Once we figured out the problem things got increasingly better. Sleeved 9/3, going in the office Tuesday. I've been working from home.

I was sleeved on 9-3 in Las Vegas. Went for my post op check up on 9-11 and was down 24 pounds. Now I am down 30, but have hit a stall. It's like my body said "ok, that's enough" lol! My recovery has been very smooth...no pain, sleeping well, went back to work in a week and a half. I am having trouble getting in all my Protein. Seems like it takes me forever to get it down. chewable vitamins are fine. I think I am tried of all the sweet foods...vitamins are berry flavored, shakes are vanilla or chocolate, yogurt is fruit flavored...everything is sweet. I was a salty chip person, so I need to find something else to eat. I may try mashed potatoes?!?! Any other suggestions from anyone??

I have been using the Unjury brand chicken flavored Protein and the unflavored. the chicken It is like cup of Soup . And the unflavored can be mixed in broths.

Hi all..got sleeved on 09/12. Finally sleeping better and minor discomfort, only when I sleep as I fall asleep best on my side. I'm going back for my post-op appointment tomorrow, and hoping my doctor puts me on soft foods. I'm having a bit of a hard time on phase 2, as I'm growing tired, almost angry at just liquids still. (Been on them for 3 weeks, if you include pre-op) I'm walking around and happy at my weight loss so far, but I feel my body slowing down..I was losing 2 lbs a day steadily..and the last 2 days nothing. I don't think I'm consuming enough..hopefully the NUT or doctor can tell me if I am.

@@LAG I bought Unjury, it was the first I bought and still causes me pain.

67 years old sleever. Got sleeved on 9/10 - late AM. The doctor did a leak test on the surgery table immediately folowing operation. No leaks. Stayed overnight, and checked for leaks the following day. No leaks. Left hospital noon, 9/12. Groggy the first day. Got up with nurses' help several hours afterward. No gas at all. No gas pains. Some abdominal discomfort, managed by pain meds in hospital and afterward at home. Am taking zofran for nausea - no nausea as a result. Am taking Protonix for acid - result: no acid problems. Am still a little sore, but I am taking it slow. Had an epic episode of diarrhea on the day I returned home. Had Depends. I recommend using Depends after surgery until things calm down. Living on Protein Drinks and Water. At this time I am also eating clear homemade chicken Soup, which has lots of Protein - no noodles, tiny bits of chicken. Mushed up soft carrots and celery. I have gone out on long drives and no worse for wear. I take a liquid vitamin/mineral supplement which I seem to be tolorating well.

@@CassyLou22 not sure about the 5 hour energy drink. something like that might be harsh on your new sleeve. good luck getting back to work. my first day back it tomorrow. on my feet most of the time.

Sleeved Sept 10. Still in a lot of damn pain! Sick to death of liquids! But I got a clothing catalog this weekend and looked at all the clothes I hope to buy in a large, or even a medium! Made me feel better.

Edited by JCP

I pray my survey and recovery goes as wonderfully has yours has!!!! How are you doing now?

Ok this was my experience: I had surgery in TJ Mexico (best decision ever for me)! On Friday 9/5/14 I arrived to San Diego and taken to TJ Marriott then later we did a group tour which was great and met post op patients, had surgery 9/6/14 with 2 others that day, it was at a med spa hospital wow very upscale and got VIP treatment even my husband loved the service (they spoiled him)! Had surgery around 9:30am and dont really know what time I got out my husband says about 1.5 hours and woke up with blankets on me in a recoop. area didn't really feel pain or anything just needed to cough (sore throat) a few hours later was put in a private room and asked if I wanted to walk or felt ready I did about 5 -10 min then sat down on bed a bit laid and walked around off and on that night but did feel like I want to vomit but it was actually gas (burps) what helped me was ice chips when I had little moister in mouth I burped and it helped. Next morning they took me to 2 level to be were my husband slept (look like a modern NY style hotel room) that whole day I walked sat out in the center entailment/lunch room with out patients and chatted a bit or watched movies but mainly walk or sit on my room watching tv on lounge chair. Nurses changed my bandages after my shower and had some good broths and juice, really taken care of and felt comfortable. Next day early 9am got my leak test and all was great! I felt little sore I won't deny that but no pain at all I could stand. We then by my request we taken back to San Diego were we rented a car and did tourist thing went to beaches and to a great Phò shop for my broth (yumm)! Flew back next morning to Dallas and I am now 7 days post op and feeling good although I did leave work early cause my office chair is hard to move in! Last night I walked 1 mile and night before also but felt lots of gas release which helped me sleep perfect all night for the first time since op.
Dr. Alejandro Lopez and team are so worth it even if a little (not much) pricier then the others but can't compare his new Med Spa location to anyone else's! Going back to this Med Spa for Mommy makeover for certain! I'm still on liquids but maybe mid week will phase off the next stage! I'm getting about 30-40 oz of Water and 40-50 of Protein! Taking liquid vitamins (iron, Calcium, multi, B and D). So wish I had done this years ago I'm just happy I stop believing I loved my self just as I was although inside me hated when I saw weight restrictions stopping me from enjoying fun with my son and husband! :-)

I was sleeved on 9/16 and today I felt so good this morning (besides the rash from an allergic reaction I had from the incision glue - which is getting better) that I forgot about the sleeve and took a big 'ole gulp of my Crystal Lite. OUCH!!!! I have to remember not to do that.

I was sleeved on 9/17. I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days. Everything went well. I had no nausea thank god. I did have some pain right out of the OR, but they got it under control quick. I still can't get all my Protein or fluids in. It takes me for ever to finish anything. My only issue is the tiredness. Omg, I walk and I feel like I ran a marathon. I hope everyone has a speedy and uneventful recovery. =)