Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was sleeved on the 15th as well and felt great until today. I also went back to work today. I am having the same problems with not being able to get enough down. This week I was supposed to add in cottage cheese, egg whites, and refried Beans. Absolutely can't do the beans. The cottage cheese was ok but only two small bites. Feeling like this is all a little too heavy. Anybody out there on something else for week 2 post-op?

My doctor has a week 1 Clear Liquids and week 2 full liquids and week 3&4 puréed or mushy food.< /p>

My nurse told me dehydration leads to fatigue. Also, she said there could be residual effects of anesthesia.

I had my sleeve on the 15th(last Monday). Everything went smooth and was walking around the first day. I returned back to work today exactly one week from surgery. My appetite is non existent and have been eating Jello and broth. So today(my first day back at work) I experienced severe fatigue. I mean all of a sudden I felt very week and tired. Is this due to the lack of Protein and food? Everything else is good though. Need more energy!!!

Sleeved this morning at 8am. So far so good!!

I was sleeved on 9/12/14 in TJ Mexico. I have no complaints regarding my surgery or the care I received. I don't remember much about recovery except I removed the oxygen every time the nurses placed it on my face. The smell of the oxygen intensified my nausea. Other than that, I don't remember anything about my recovery. Later, I woke in my room and I was in and out. My surgery was around 9am and I didn't get up and walk until later that evening. I had a lot of gas pain which was expected. Every day has been an improvement. I have been focused on getting my Water, Protein and Vitamins in. I am excited about this journey and this new lifestyle. I look forward to watching my body change.

I did my sleeve on 9/12 in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico at Star Medica with Belite and Dr. Rodriquez Villarreal. I don't regret going to Mexico at all. In fact, our hospitals could learn a lesson on cleanliness! I've lost 18 lbs so far Post Op, which is amazing to me! While I don't see it personally, others say they do.

Today is the first day that I can sip anything without a little cramp and I'm so glad that's gone. I'm on full liquids now for the next 10 days and then on to soft foods for another week. I don't find myself feeling hungry but I do miss texture. I still have trouble getting in all my fluids and suffered from severe Constipation the after surgery. It took 8 days before I could go. I'm using colace daily now as well as Nexium, Alive Gummy Multivitamin, liquid B complex and Vitamin D. I'll probably add Biotin if i suffer any hair loss......but I have so much, I may not even notice it. The only thing that was difficult was the gas pain, but that is now gone too.

Wow. I love reading about everyone's experience. I am happy that for the most part, they are all positive!!! welcome to the few new comers on to this site. and welcome those of you who have been sleeved this week. As for me, I have been back at work and it pretty much wipes me out. moving on to stage 2 diet tomorrow. I can't wait to chew some food.... incision site gets sore from all my movement at work. whatever you do, don't sneeze. worst pain ever.

Hi all! I was sleeved 9/9 so far stuck to yogurt, broth and shakes. Anyone moved on to purees? Any good ideas for food in this stage? Are some still working on full liquids? Paying attention and post op 28lbs, lots to go though!

I was on pureed as soon as I got home and today, 1 wk post-op, am on soft foods. I pureed a lot of higher Protein Soups and did some fat free refried Beans with low fat cheese. It took awhile to get the beans down but it was good to have something different than Soup.< /p>

I was sleeved on the 15th as well and felt great until today. I also went back to work today. I am having the same problems with not being able to get enough down. This week I was supposed to add in cottage cheese, egg whites, and refried Beans. Absolutely can't do the beans. The cottage cheese was ok but only two small bites. Feeling like this is all a little too heavy. Anybody out there on something else for week 2 post-op?

I was sleeved on 9/15 too. The refried beans were hard for me too and took a long time to get down. I haven't tried cottage cheese yet. I started soft foods today and had 2 oz. of grilled chicken and 2 oz. of grilled shrimp for lunch and dinner, respectively. I didn't have any problems getting either down except for eating too quickly a couple of times. I was too excited about having something to chew, lol. As far as feeling bad, I haven't gone back to work yet but have been out running errands and doing MD appts the last 2 days. Today is the first day I feel like I'm getting back to normal with very little incision pain. I was ready for a nap around 2:00 though.

How is everyone doing and feeling?

1st doctor visit postop went really well and positive. I am now able to blend in fruits with my shakes and that is awesome --> made vanilla with 1/4c. blueberries and 1/2 banana.< /p>

Anyone feeling the sensation of their sleeve being full and then a little later, it empties? It's like pressure and then ahhhh relief. Learned quickly to eat slowly, small and feel for that pressure sensation. That's kept me from getting sick, I think. (Knocking on wood).

9 days post op!! (9/15/14) I'm doing well, just extremely, extremely exhausted! I go back to work this coming Monday, standing on my feet for 8 hours a day (yay Panera!), I'm not sure how great it's going to go. A little nervous!

I'm still trying to find that perfect Protein Drink so satisfy my tastebuds! I've been drinking Isopure, it's not horrible but it's not the best.

I'm currently 16 pounds down :) first post op doctors visit today!!

Edited by vluciano93

Yes the gas is normal! They pump so much air into your belly during surgery to be able to see everything. The best thing to not make it so bad is to walk as much as possible!

I'm doing really well. Tomorrow marks two weeks from surgery and I have been cleared for soft foods. However, I am experiencing diarrhea often. It's usually after Protein Shakes but not always always. I'm not taking in sugar and I'm getting my liquids in. Anyone else have this problem??

I'm doing really well. Tomorrow marks two weeks from surgery and I have been cleared for soft foods. However, I am experiencing diarrhea often. It's usually after Protein Shakes but not always always. I'm not taking in sugar and I'm getting my liquids in. Anyone else have this problem??

Me from time to time ????

Hi all, 9/10 surgery and doing very well. The first week was not fun though! By the end of week of week 2 I was sick of anything liquid but still have no appetite for food. There's no flavor and things I loved before do nothing for me now, it's weird. I drink a lot of skim milk which is a complete turn around for me! 22 lbs down so far but I finally had my husband hide the scale! Good luck all!