Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

@@FabNewMe 31 lbs since my two week pre op diet. I have lost 13 since surgery.

That's is wonderful I have not weighed myself trying to hold off a month 10/6 yikes I don't know if I will make it :-)

I was sleeved yesterday morning around 9:30. Woke up in recovery around 11:30 or so, walked from the recovery room to a private room just after noon. Spent the afternoon drinking and walking. Left to go home around 5:30. Short, sweet, and feeling pretty good so far. :)

Glad everyone is doing well. I had mine sept. 8 and came home on the 10th. Getting in liquids and Protein. Ready to move in full liquids stage.

Is anyone running a fever? The pain is tolerable, but this fever worries me.

I was sleeved on 9/8. Everything went so fast it was amazing. I think I was dozing off and on that caused things to seem so quick. I was at the hospital at 5:30 and home by 3:30. No vomiting, no gas pains. My only disappointment is that surgeon did not repair hiatal hernia because it was too big. I'm waiting for my two week follow up to address next steps there. I am taking pepcid for acid reflux.

I'm not feeling any hunger, but also don't feel full. I'm able to sip Water, broth and Protein drinks with no problems.

If you're sick of Water and Crystal Light, get Vitamin Water Zero. It seems to go down easily.

I felt like I was getting a fever as I left the hospital dish charged. I ended up having a 99.7 fever that went away the next day. Tylenol/Codeine meds seemed to knock it down. I think it's a symptom of anesthesia, stress etc...My BP is kinda high as well although the hospital didn't seem so concerned. I'd watch it overnight it should go away. How high is your fever? If it gets above 101-102 I'd call your doctor for sure.

Sleeved 9/8. Stayed overnight as expected. Never once pressed my pain pump button. Took one dose of Tylenol # 3 to sleep more than for pain. That was my only dose of pain Meds. Thursday 9/11 lifted light weights and did cardio interval training. Today 9/12 just did the cardio interval for 45 minutes. Likely took in way too much Fluid today- must have been over 90 oz. getting over 100 G Protein in daily via New Whey shots and puréed protein meals. Night before surgery cooked favorite protein rich, low fat low carb foods and puréed and froze in little bathroom cups around 2 1/2 oz each.

Feeling great. Doing a lot in the house but ventured out today to do errands for 2 hours and was wiped out by the time I was out 30 minutes. Felt weak.

My big concern is DIARRHEA. Loose stools to point of terrible peri anal irritation that even diaper ointment will not help. Perhaps it is the protein supplements. Maybe it is the mallitol and other artificial sweeteners and bases in the bariatric Vitamin chews.

I had this terrible diarrhea while on the 2'week pre op liquid diet.

Taking Fiber supplements. To try to give my colon something to hold onto but not helping. Would appreciate any suggestions. I lost 23 # pre op in 2 weeks but it must have been from Water loss from diarrhea and I fear the same now.

How are you doing so much two days after surgery and eating puréed foods? That's crazy. I can barely walk my stomach exit incision kills me. I'm ordered to stay on all liquids and then yogurt etc...for two weeks and no exercise whatsoever other than walking. I'm simply AMAZED. Your sleeve needs time to heal etc...didn't they give you any rules to follow?

Surgery was on the 10th first day home went for 2 walks around the block. Got in 40 oz of Water and 42 oz Protein and had Soup and some Jello. Did have some pain today not having any gas problem. Don't have full feeling but taking it slow.

Under 100 feveris ok . Over 100 call your Dr.

Edited by LAG

From what I understand New whey Protein Shots are junk and filled with collagen based Protein in which your body doesn't fully absorb, So you might want to cut that protein count back a bit.

Hi Everyone!!! I was sleeved 9/11 and honestly remember nothing of that day. I don't even remember being in a recovery room my first memories were of me in my own private room. At 5am on 9/12 I took my first walk and walked a few times in the hospital. At around 8am they took me for my xray to be sure there was no leakage which thank god there wasn't. I was released yesterday at around 6pm after dinner which I barley ate. The hospital sent me home with pain pills (which I was horrified to swallow but did last night just fine) and 14 shots which are blood thinners in which I must give myself every 12 hours. Today I have not drank or eaten much of anything mostly due to me being afraid of over doing it. I have terrible gas pains and feel as if my stomach is so numb I would not be able to tell when I get full. I'm just glad I feel better today because yesterday after getting home I was so miserable I started questioning my decision. After taking a pain pill I slept through the night and today feel much better.

You must drink fluids, little tiny sips all day long. The worst thing you can do is get dehydrated and if you're taking any blood pressure medication that will add to dehydration.

If you can't get anything down at all you need to call your doctor.