Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

@@karen, I definitely feel you on that one. In the beginning I really felt the same way. I do acknowledge that I still have a long journey ahead of me. I sure hope that when I reach my goal that I will not have the same thoughts. Then I will be in trouble. Much success to us!

Hi all it's been awhile since I posted anything hope all are doing well in your weight loss. I have reach my first goal I wanted to be under 200 by my 2 month post-op and I have I am so happy, my clothes are fitting lose people can notice and I can too. I only weigh once a week. I think if I weigh more than that I will make myself crazy. So my start weight 240 now 197. I pray that everyone be successful in their journey. Until next time

Well we had our Thanksgiving this past weekend.....I must say I felt a bit out of place....everyone's plate was FULL....I had 3 ounces of turkey....a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and 3 cubes of squash.....one person said.."is that all your eating".... think I ate a bit faster then I should .....but was full enough! !!! I did enjoy dinner and no matter what will stick to my new routine and make it successful! ! Cheers

Well...... After a 3 week stall I dropped 4 pounds in one day! I am hoping that the weight continues to come off! I have 34 more pounds to go before I am in Onderland and hoping to get there before Christmas! Wish me luck as I am wishing all of you!!!

Well...... After a 3 week stall I dropped 4 pounds in one day! I am hoping that the weight continues to come off! I have 34 more pounds to go before I am in Onderland and hoping to get there before Christmas! Wish me luck as I am wishing all of you!!!

Way to go. Only 34 pounds to go. You can do it!

Hi all it's been awhile since I posted anything hope all are doing well in your weight loss. I have reach my first goal I wanted to be under 200 by my 2 month post-op and I have I am so happy, my clothes are fitting lose people can notice and I can too. I only weigh once a week. I think if I weigh more than that I will make myself crazy. So my start weight 240 now 197. I pray that everyone be successful in their journey. Until next time[/quote

Congrats on entering onderland.

Hey guys! Woke up this morning thanking God for this new opportunity at life. Just a few things. I ate dinner and was stuffed, but realized that I no longer have that super bloated, pregnant look after I eat. Even though I feel full, I don't look it. Also, though I'm only down 33 lbs since my sleeve, I'm really noticing a difference. Was wrestling my husband (a normal activity we do for fun) and I almost ALWAYS win because of my size. I started faking a loss because it was kind of embarrassing overthrowing a decent sized much taller grown man... But I REALLY put out my best and he tossed me around easily. Though I despise the thought of defeat, I'm feeling happy that he's getting a "normal" sized wife. (And can feel like a real man. LOL) I guess i should be more cautious walking down dark alleys now? ????

Hey all - things have been pretty uneventful over here but as of today, I'm officially into the "overweight" category and no longer obese which is kind of a fun milestone. I'm down 45.5lbs since my the start of my pre-op diet on August 1st. Hoping to drop 4.5 more by my birthday in two weeks as 50lbs would be a nice celebration. That would put me 22 away from ONEderland and 33 away from a normal BMI. Most minutes that seems so achievable and some minutes, I get too excited and can't wait. :) Definitely need to pick it up on the exercise, though!

Hope you're all doing well!

Congrats to everyone with their awesome weight lose. Can you believe that it is almost 2 or 3 months for some of us? It has been a very interesting ride. I will have my weigh in Monday and will update then. Keep pushing forward! It's all down hill from here.

Later losers!

Edited by motherof5

Hey all!. Haven't been on for awhile. Just going about my new sleeved life and trying to stay away from the scale. I have taken 3 bags of clothes to donation and will probably have another one ready to go by next Friday. Still learning what my sleeve likes and doesn't like. Had some roast beef and it was a bad idea. Trying to get all my fluids in and exercise. Some days are harder than others. Sometimes I wish they had done something with my sense of smell though. Does anyone else have that problem?? Like smelling something and then wanting to go find it and eat it??? It makes making a good food choice harder but so much more rewarding. Let me know because sometimes I alone because I don't know anyone else who has had this done that I can communicate with. Thanks and keep up the hard work all

We'll today was all about the NSV's put on an outfit and DH looked at me and said your not going to wear that "your swimming in it" so off I went to closet shop, pulled out a large shirt and it fit, tried on a pair of 16 jeans and they fit too (started in XXL and 20's). Pulled out the measure tape and I've lost eight inches in my waist :)

I am thankful for my sleeve and the support of my DH, DR, NUT and all of you.

Hi All - I had my surgery Aug 26th... and I just found this post op sight for us - Thank you! I am for the most part doing good - except - mornings - I cant find ANYTHING to eat for breakfast! nothing works for me - morning is not a happy time for my tummy. And just this past week I am dealing with nausea - I havent had nausea at all the whole time until last wednesday. Now I am having a hard time getting in my Vitamins - my Protein Drinks - anything. lunch and Supper are ok - eating a vegie and a Protein. But I guess I just havent found something that fits for Breakfast. So please - tell me what your breakfast finds are?

I went band to sleeve a couple of months ago, maybe 8 weeks ago, not really counting, going from the band to the sleeve, I haven't really had breakfast for the last 10 years so I don't really miss it. I just make sure I have Water in the morning and maybe a coffee within a couple of hours of waking up, am thankful that it's one less meal to worry about, I try to get my Vitamins in around 10am followed by lunch around 1pm.

Hi All - I had my surgery Aug 26th... and I just found this post op sight for us - Thank you! I am for the most part doing good - except - mornings - I cant find ANYTHING to eat for breakfast! nothing works for me - morning is not a happy time for my tummy. And just this past week I am dealing with nausea - I havent had nausea at all the whole time until last wednesday. Now I am having a hard time getting in my Vitamins - my Protein drinks - anything. lunch and Supper are ok - eating a vegie and a protein. But I guess I just havent found something that fits for breakfast. So please - tell me what your breakfast finds are?

Sandy, think outside the Cereal box ( pun intended). Just because it is breakfast doesn't mean you have to eat bacon and eggs. Try a nice fruit smoothie, or some V8 juice. I like to eat half an avocado for breakfast, today I had a deviled egg!

hi everyone,

I underwent my VSG on 8/4. As of this morning, I'm down 67 pounds from my initial consultation on 1/29; have lost 31 pounds so far. I make it a point to eat organic, whole, healthy foods, no red meat. Nope, I'm not a vegan; I just choose to be very picky about what I eat now, since NOT being picky got me here in the first place.

I'm on 1,000 calorie diet and get about 950 each day. I'm still finding out what foods I can and can't eat, and trust me... it only takes once to find out what you can't eat, right? I've read some pretty amazing stories on the forum, and all I can say is "Way to go" to each and every one of you. Keep the faith, and keep your eyes on your goal. Great job!