Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

I will look into getting some samples. Grammy, I have used the Premier Protein and like it better than a couple of others I have tried. How do you like the chocolate Unjury ?

@@LainieG I ordered Syntrax Nectar sample packs $19.99. Haven't tried it yet. But I've seen it recommended on several threads.

I have not tried any of the Unjury products yet, just hoping I like it.

How did I end up with hmm we all have someone else's pic in our stats. Wonder how it got there???

Now it's gone how strange

My surgery is October 30th, so another one for October. Queen, I agree please stay, when I get nervous I reread your blog. I am having my procedure in Mexico and I am nervous about being on liquids only for a 14 hr trip. I usually eat bags of chips and candy when I fly. Flying is so miserable anyway.

Hi Traveler ! Welcome, glad to have another October sleever. And how brave, the day before Halloween, but that is a great time to do it ! Stick with us, lots of support here !!

Was Kathy scheduled yet, if so does anyone remember her date ?

Does anyone know anything about shots to prevent clots after Surgery? Many people have mentioned them so I was wondering if this was standard after care for us?

Also wanted to share a tip that's been helping me out a little... If the smell of the Protein Shake is a bit off putting....try using a shaker bottle and flip the lid open away from you and let it air out a bit. I also heard that the nectar kind wasn't as pungent,although I haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps I was having a problem with the smell. I tried the Unjury strawberry sorbet mixed with lemonade and the taste was fine. Hope this helps.

Hi.....Just had surgery on September 18th and wanted to reply about shots given to prevent blood clots. I was hyper-aware of this issue since I've had surgery in the past for Deep Vein Thrombosis. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and was given a total of 6 shots in my lower abdomen for blood clot prevention. None given for when I left the hospital. I think this is why the Doc's STRESS the importance of walking. In the hospital as well as when you go home. I admit, I was very weak once I got home. I could only "stroll" to my mailbox, around the pool deck, or from one end of my house to the other. I never did all of these "strolls" at the same time. Maybe 8-10 minutes......at the most. I hope this gives you a little insight?

Yes, thank you for sharing your experience. Hope your recovery is going well! What stage are you at food wise?

Lainie my surgery is scheduled for Oct 17th. Strange that someone brought up the shots. I just watched my pre-op video a few days ago & to my surprise they instructed me on how to GIVE MYSELF the shots. 3 per day for two weeks! freeked me out a bit & as fedup mentioned, it is to prevent blood clots.

Fedup how are you doing?

Regarding the shots - I was sleeved on 9/23. I was given one shot of Heprin pre-surgery, and one post-surgery. In the abdomen, for clotting. No more has been mentioned about it. I'd ask your doctor, one less thing to worry about.

I have a blood clot in my right thigh. I have to take Warfarin to thin the blood (coumadin). The shots may be Lovenox which I also had to take for awhile, those you inject yourself. My blood clot they think came from a 12 hour ride to Texas. At one point I had a second which was when I was in the hospital for a month. I cannot take anything but warfarin because I have atrial fibrillation, or can do the Lovenox also, but expensive. Bad part about the warfarin I have get blood drawn 3 - 4 times a month to check the thickness. And yes, walking is stressed as soon as possible.

Dates for surgery ? Just wanted to keep track and be sure and wish each of you well. October is filling up !! :)