Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

Will definitely be praying for you Kathy. Friday will be a lucky day because it's my birthday!

Hello ladies.....having a bit of a hard time keeping up with everyone and the pre-tests and excitement of all of the October surgeries.....I am around though....just having so much fun that I am always behind in life! But I have committed to starting my blog again and it will be in October! Perhaps in the next week....so much to talk about....

For now, I will tell you all something that you probably won't find in many places on this forum, and probably not in the 50's group....(and keep in mind on Monday, I will be 61!). But here it goes.....today I bought my very first sexy garter belt, (so cute!) stockings (49 Euro- ouch) and a pair of high heels.......why? Read my blog when I write it to find out.....just need to keep this a little more interesting and keep all of you inspired....that it is NEVER too late!!!!!

Intriguing, Queen! Can't wait for the details! Oh to wear high heels again! I already purchased an incentative pair. Two great things to look forward to next week...surgery and a new blog entry! Really, enjoy your blog ..waiting in anticipation:)

Went to my last weigh in today and I lost 4 more pounds!

I know I'll lose more with being on the 2 week shake diet, did anyone get under the qualifying BMI ? If I lose more I will be under, do they weigh you at the hospital also?

They weighed me right before surgery, right after they have you change into the hospital gown. Then after surgery late at night or very early in the morning they weigh you again, I gained 6 pounds :)

Day #1 on my pre-surgery diet. I just wanted to say that this is a lot of work looking everything up and adding it to "My Fitness Pal" but I'm excited to lose as much as I can before my surgery or as I now want to call it "My do-over"! So excited for you Kathy812 and will be thinking of and praying for you tomorrow :)

Edited by beachgal2935

@@LainieG,@Vsglady@beachgal2935

thank you ladies! I appreciate the prayers and the well wishes. I will post as soon as I am able.

@@beachgal2935 surgery is Friday but please send me positive energy tomorrow & Friday! I'm a ball of nerves!

Thanks again & good luck w/your pre-op diet!

Beach when is your surgery ? How long and what do you get on your preop

Getting closer Kathy !! Very excited for you. Prayers coming your way !!

LanieG - my pre-op is 1200 calories, 150 carbs, 40 fat, 60 Protein, 2000 sodium & 45 sugar for the day. I'm using MyFitnessPal so it deducts every time I enter anything and gives me extras in each category for exercise. I don't have a surgery date yet. My first appt was this past Tuesday. Next Tuesday I meet with the surgeon. I thought I wanted the sleeve, but now I'm thinking I may do the bypass. I'll know more after next Tuesday's appt. My 53rd birthday is tomorrow and I started celebrating today. My mom and cousin took me to Olive Garden for lunch. I had dry salad, well lettuce with purple cabbage, and their low fat dressing with a bowl of Soup. No croutons, no breadsticks :( Tomorrow another cousin is taking me to Breakfast so I just finished looking up all the calories, etc. online so I can make the most informed decision there. Saturday my parents, husband, son, brother and others will all take me out again. Do you see a pattern here - LOL? No wonder I'm overweight! I laugh it off because I know what to eat and what NOT to eat. I just have chosen to eat all the wrong things and in the wrong portions. No more ... I'm done!

Happy Birthday Beachgal!

Has anyone been instructed to bring their CPAP machine to the hospital? Did the nurses get involved with monitoring it? I haven't gotten use to it yet and I tend to take it off sometime in the middle of the night. Also did you/do you need to provide your own distilled Water?

@@Vsglady yes, I have to bring my mask only, they provide the machine & hose. I haven't gotten used to mine either, I take it off every night & I told the pre-op nurse-she understood.

@@beachgal2935 Happy Birthday!

@@LainieG thank you my friend. I am still praying all works out for you. Any updates?

Hi ladies,

Happy Birthday to Beachgal2935

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he is amazing!

Answered all my questions can't remove all the air so I will have the pain (hope not) will have a drain. But they don't get you up until about 10 hours after surgery. I'm going to shoot for sooner get that gas outta me.

I've officially lost 16 pounds which he said fantastic job. Just wish I could do this on my own but you know once your off 2 shakes a day and a 6oz piece of meat and veggies your gonna gain it back.

My day is coming very soon I'm both excited and nervous

Enjoy your day ladies, Linda