Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

@@Queen of Crop. I would love to have 22 year old boobss and ARMS!!! I may di the boobs, as in a lift, if I qualify for that, but I don't see me doing the arms.

correction * do *

Hi 50 ladies, I had my pre admission yesterday and it took 2 hours to complete. But well worth it because now I just hit the door and by pass the admissions desk!

Lots of questions about meds your on, lucky I made a list of them and the strength and what time to take them. The rn was so happy I had that made her job and mine easier. Had a ekg and blood work done, and spoke to the anesthesiologist also. She will give me some lala meds before surgery to calm me down, said most who come in for surgery are nervous.

I have 4 days left... Will be at hospital at 7:30 for a surgery time of 8:30! Wow it's beginning to be so real.

Today is day 4 of my 2 week preop liquid diet. Its a little rough going but I am doing it, and so happy that I am making it happen. I have lost 5 1/2lbs as of this morning, I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it for myself. 10 more days to go on the liquid diet. I have been mixing beef broth and low sodium V8 juice and heating it in the microwave and it tastes like vegetable Soup. I drink this once or twice a day and have chicken broth also. I am not sure the V8 is allowed but it shouldn't hurt anything because its very low in carbs. How is everyone else doing on their liquid diet? I am looking forward to hearing from others.

@ FineDiva....oh I am SO SO happy with my boobs....actually I did not have my arms done....if I were still in Hawaii I would. Zero reqrets on the boobs though....so worth it.

@@beachgal - I have an Up24 - been using it for a few months now. Wear it every day!!

Hi everyone, not been here for a couple of days and looks like I have some reading to catch up on.

First, my cousin who had 4 bypasses on Tuesday is doing very well. She was up today and walked around the nurses station. Swore to no more smoking as did her daughter and husband. She will be out of ICU tomorrow.

I am done with all medical tests required, at least I hope they don't throw anything else at me. I have to get my A1C checked when I go to my dr next week. And I have the psych evaluation on Tuesday. Last thing is the oral surgery I have to do on NOv 13th. Then I will meet with the doctor again and the nutritionist. I am hoping to get this done before the end of the year, but just have a feeling it may be after. Awfully close to the holidays and people being off work.

I have to get my A1C down a little more before it is checked next week. I've been having a Protein Drink for Breakfast and salad or my main meal at lunch. If I do the main meal then I have salad in the evening for dinner.< /p>

Since I had to fast for the cath test I have not been very hungry since then so I am taking advantage of it. But still having something so my body does not think I am starving it.

@@Kathy812, how are you feeling ? How long do you stay on the liquids ? Do you get the wonderful Jello yet ?

First, congratulations to all those who just had or will soon be going into surgery. How wonderful for you! From the sounds of your posts it seems like once you get final approval clearance things move very quickly from there. I hope all the post-op's keep everyone up to date on your continued progress so we know you're doing okay.

@@Kathy812 is it getting easier for you as you get more days out from surgery? Have you experienced any of those taste buds changes I've been hearing so much about? Flavors you used to love but now you can't stand and vice versa?

BTW is there anyone else on here who is still early on in the process like me, or am I the proverbial virgin amongst us? :-). If so, hope you don't mind all my questions!

@@LainieG so relieved to know that your cousin's bypass went so well and she is recovering nicely. It must be a big load off of your mind. What kind of Protein Drinks are you using on your diet, if you don't mind my asking? I tried out a lot of the powered shakes, including Unjury, and they were barely palatable in my opinion, but I'm liking the prepared ones, especially Muscle Milk.

So my surgery is scheduled for 10/30 in Mexico, I am traveling alone and on Tuesday I fell and broke my ankle. In stead of starting my preop diet I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself and bingeing on candy. Tonight I gave myself a kick in the butt with my good foot and decided I can still do this. So wish me luck as I try to undo the damage of the candy binge and make it to Mexico on crutches

@@LainieG,@@The Candidate

Hey ladies, Lainie glad you posted, I just asked you a couple days ago what was next on your list, so. Thanks for the update. Wishing you continued good news, also Gld to hear your cousin is okay.

So I went today from my one week postop and I lost 7.2 pounds. I'll take it. Like I said on another thread, I Celebrate every pound.

Tomorrow, I start on the mushies.. Looking forward to being able to chew seems like it's been forever.

candidate, it's really strange but the pain was better on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday afternoon I had company and went down to the basement for something.( we live in a ranch style house, so I haven't had to do stairs) when I came back upstairs,, I was a different person. I have been extremely exhausted since . today I had very bad abdominal pain. My nutritionist & nurse said that I need to take in more Water & what I'm experiencing is very common. There will be good days and bad days.

hoping for a better day tomorrow. Thankfully, they allowed me to decide when I'd like to return to work , I asked for two more weeks ( total of three). But taking it one week at a time.

@@traveler60 when I read your post, my mouth dropped. I am so, so sorry you're going through this right now. Please take care of yourself. You've come so far so please don't sabotage it, but I totally understand feeling sorry for yourself. I'm sure you can handle it. be very very careful.

Maybe you can appeal to a friend or family and explain your situation . Hopefully, someone would be willing to travel with you.

@@The Candidate - Don't worry, I'm pre-op just like you! Now if someone could share with me ... how do you put one of those cute little weight loss count down tickers on here???

@@Kathy812 - what mushies are you eating? Sorry to hear about your "return from the basement" and praying your pain will subside. The weight loss was AWESOME!!!

Edited by beachgal2935

@@traveler60 so sorry about the ankle. Don't let it get you down though, you have come to far and your surgery is right around the corner. But I understand wanting to munch on the candy, been there myself and easier said than done. Just do the best you can. Prayers for you and next week.

@@Kathy812, sounds like you are coming along well. I have not quite comprehended the mushies yet. What can be good that is mushed up ? But I guess if it is more than liquid it may be quite good.

@@beachgal2935, go to your profile and on the left side is a list of items you can set up. There will be one that says Tickers, click on this and you will find url's for copying and pasting. You should be able to get it added with no problem, Good Luck !

@@traveler60 so sorry to hear about your broken ankle. Sometimes it feels as though life is working double against us doesn't it? We've finally got our future and health on course, and we're working so hard for this amazing goal, and then something like this happens!

Since your surgery is in Mexico and so I'm assuming your a self-pay, have you considered postponing it a bit until your ankle mends? I know the mere thought of putting it off for even a minute longer is sheer agony, but it's something to really consider. I'm honestly worried about you.

Traveling alone for surgery is hard enough, and with crutches it'll be even more of a burden. The biggest consistency post-op I've heard tell is exhaustion, which again will be amplified by dealing with a serious foot injury to boot (no pun intended). Do you have a walking boot or a cast?

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way. I would be depressed as well if I was dealing with that on top of everything else, doubly so being this close to surgery. But waiting a little longer for a best end result might benefit you more in the long run. I'm concerned about your welfare that's all. I apologize if I'm intruding too much. I'll be thinking of you! Best of luck either way!

@@beachgal2935 Hello there! Another pre-op sister, so glad to make your acquaintance! It really is wonderful to be here in this forum, chatting with people my own age who are going through the exact same experience. I find I'm having many days, especially at work, where I just drift off in a daydream for a moment or two thinking what my future is going to be like.

I'm surrounded by 20 and 30 something's at work, and I imagine when I get get that secret "what if" goofy grin on my face , they probably just think its old age gas. :-). Don't get me wrong I love them to death, but they have no idea of the daily aches and pains of just getting through the day in this obese body, and they think old is 35!