Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

Queen, in conversation tonight she brought up that she uses the fitbit, not for weight loss (she probably weighs 100 lbs soaking wet. But the has a knee replacement and arthritis so he has to keep moving.. She said that she does about 7000 steps daily. She is a Dr of PT so she gets around to lots of patients a day.

Have a great time in Barcelona !!

Queen is in Barcelona. Where is everyone ? All doing okay ?

@@Queen of Crop ... I sooo wish you'd start blogging again. I loved your first year blog. Just loved it. Three weeks ago when I was recovering from my own VSG surgery, I went back and read the whole thing all over again.

Glad to hear you're continuing to enjoy life so much. You've given me hours of pleasure "constructively anticipating" my WLS and helping me to recover.

BTW, my surgery and recovery has been a (knock on wood) relative breeze.

Best wishes to all here!

@@LainieG

Doing good. Nothing new to report. Just Waiting to see my cardiologist to get cleared for surgery 10/17.

.@@VSGAnn2014 I so agree with you. When I read the last blog from queen of cropI was a little sad to see it end. Glad you're recovering well.

Hola ladies! I am back from Barcelona....had a GREAT time! Felt like Hawaii it was so warm......I walked over 100,000 steps this past week, and didn't lose a lb.....pretty discouraging, but to be honest, I drank Sangria, and ate Spanish pastries......so it all balances out.

Thank you very much for everyone who is encouraging me to start writing my blog again.....I am tempted because I have to admit, my life is very full at the moment and we are living a dream life.....however, it wouldn't be focused so much on weight loss, my sleeve, but on what life is like after post surgery......and what I am doing now that I could not do before....I am trying to lost 5-10 more lbs, but I'm not trying THAT hard.....but if I did start writing again, it might help keep me focused so I don't gain.....let me think about it. If I did, I would start in October, which will be my 3 year anniversary of my surgery.

Frankly, @@Queen of Crop, I'm as interested in being an armchair observer of your expat life as of your continuing WLS journey. And with both topics in the same blog, it's a "best-seller."

Sort of: "Sleeve, Eat, Love." :)

Thanks Ann (I'm assuming it's Ann). I like your title.....to be honest, my story would truly be a best seller....but I would have to change the names to protect the innocent! I doubt most people could handle it if I really wrote about my life......but may consider a sanitized version....but I do appreciate the vote of confidence!

Hi ladies, I just finished my 5th weigh in apt, I have gotten down 8 pounds in 5 months. Next month on the 7th I will have all my visits done :)

I still have a echo and stress test on the 29 th of this month but time is moving right along. I'm so happy today lol!

Welcome Ann !! Grammy, so happy for you. Lots of people don't understand the excitement we feel when have made even a small accomplishment as losing a lb or two of weight. It puts us that much closer to our goal. I hope that you can get a November date. That is what I am hoping for even though I don't finish all my tests until next month.

Glad everyone is back and doing well !!

Just got the call from my case worker with the bariatric center. I have got a temp date woo hoo, Oct 27th.

She said for my medicare I don't need ins approval. Just all my ducks in a row, which I'm almost done. Echo , stress test then the surgeons apt 2 weeks before surgery.

It's been a great day!

Grammy, that is so great, congratulations. My medicare kicks in October 1st and I will finish up what I need. I am hoping for a Nov or Dec date

Lainie

LainieG, has your surgeons office told you anything about Medicare covering the surgery? Just wondering since my drs office said I don't need a authorization for surgery. Just all my requirements done, as she put it all my ducks in a row.

Grammy, they have not really, I just know that it is automatically covered. I am assuming that they cover 80%, with a supplemental picking up the rest or at least most of it. I have medicaid and they cover the supplemental also so they will pick up most of the 20% remaining. I attended a seminar to cover the surgery and what to expect. But, I had to leave before they got to that part. I need to call them and verify this, no surprises please !! I would say you should call them and find out. If you do, let me know and I will do the same.

Lainie

Yes they cover 80% and my supplemental ins which is Tricare for Life will not cover the 20%. They only cover lap bands and bypass. So I will have to pay the 20% up front on surgery day. Boy they sure want their money, not even a payment plan!

I will be calling Medicare on Monday morning.

It is elective surgery and I guess I can understand that, even though I don't agree with it. I see no reason why you can do a payment plan.

Did they tell you what your pre-op diet will be, i.e. how many days, etc.