Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Mona, how have you been doing?

@@Peekboo That's super crappy about the constipation! That cannot be comfortable. I've also been getting more hungry and wanting to snack. I'm not sure if it's head hunger (work has been super stressful) or actual hunger. It's hard to tell between the two for me, so I am trying to keep my calories to a minimum still. I was also a heavy pop drinker before surgery, and I'm really starting to miss carbonation. Hopefully that subsides soon!

@@steph, I believe mine is real hunger, especially after the gym :-).I've never been much of a soda drinker but I live milky coffee drinks so I may be getting more carbs than I should The doctor gave me a stool softener and it helps but im tired of all the pills and Vitamin s. We will work it out :-)

I also have been more hungry- trying to stick to the basics, but most things agree with me now

Weighed in this morning and I'm 91 pounds down! I don't really have a solid "goal weight" - I'm planning on waiting until I get farther along and then seeing how all my health indicators are doing to find a nice healthy place- but I'm thinking that I'd eventually like to lose between 200 and 250 pounds all told. I'm really looking forward to having lost 100 - there's just something so satisfying about those nice round numbers. If my pattern continues, I could get to 100 some time in the next month - I've slowed down to 10-15 pounds a month since I got back on normal food.

One thing I'm going to try to build into my measurement is a body fat percentage measure - I think it might be better to set goals based on that rather than just weight or BMI, as I've got very sturdy bones from being so big for so long. They took a measurement at my doctor before surgery; next time I go I think I'll ask them to do it again, just to see my progress from that angle.

@@AgentShepard, you are doing incredibly well. Very happy for you. Did your surgeons give you a goal weight?

@@AgentShepard, you are doing incredibly well. Very happy for you. Did your surgeons give you a goal weight?

Thanks for the encouraging words! My surgeon didn't give me a goal, so I'm basing my very loose goal range not off BMI but off the body comp measurements that I had taken last summer. I was just below 450 and I had just under 200 pounds of lean body mass (muscles, bones, organs, etc.) I figure that as long as I stay active and maintain my muscle and bone mass by exercising, getting my Calcium, etc, 200-250 is probably a good general range to aim for, at least at first, because women do need to have SOME fat on board! I'm on the tall side and have a large frame, so those numbers seem to make sense for me.

I figure that if/when the day comes that I approach 250 (a little over 100 more pounds from now) I will get my body comp done again and evaluate where I am. Honestly, it's been so long since I was anywhere near that size that I don't even know what what I'll do with myself! Even after having lost 93 pounds I still find it hard to really believe that I might ever not wear plus sizes. Who knows? Already, my bad knee, backaches, and general wellbeing are much improved and my bloodwork came back great across the board, so I've already seen a lot of improvement and I'm trying to focus on that.

I have noticed more hair than normal coming out in the shower in the last few days - perhaps I am approaching that post-surgery shedding period! I've also really started to notice... well, not really loose skin yet, because there's plenty of fat still in there, but I'm starting to look kind of deflated, and there's a lot more movement to my various rolls because they aren't full to the brim anymore. It sounds gross but I actually kind of like it... evidence of progress, I guess! Hopefully the skin will shrink back to some degree over time.

That's awesome, I'm happy to hear everyone is doing so well. Just wondering if anyone married or in relationships is starting to have problems with insecurity from their mate. I am catching hell with mine. I know the surgery itself doesn't create this problem, it just intensifies one that was already there. This stinks. It's like every pound I lose, it gets worse and worse. I even got accused of cheating because I took too long to tour, sign up at and work out at a different gym. I'm down over 50 pounds since surgery and hoping to lose another 75-100 pounds. Wondering if my marriage will be over before I even hit goal. Venting a little maybe, just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Edited by downsizingdebs

@@downsizingdebs, no. My husband has been gently encouraging me to lose weight for years, so I'm having the opposite experience.

So sorry you're going through this. I'm sure i'm going to state the obvious but have you thought about going to couples therapy? There's no shame in that and sometimes after talking it out, it can make the relationship stronger. Or maybe before going that route,sit down and have a heart-to-heart with him and reassure him of your commitment.

Wishing you the best.

Another thought, I believe there is a support group on this site for spouses, do you think he would be interested in that?

@@downsizingdebs , also sorry to hear of your struggles. Would your mate be willing to work out with you or do something together? my spouse took up running 2 years ago & has been very encouraging about weight loss, getting in shape & even willing to try eating better. We have signed up for a non timed 5k this spring (my 1st, not his)- still not sure if walking or running.

How's everyone doing? Hope all is well; it's been quiet in here lately!

I finally hit my 70 pounds down mark this morning! I feel like my weight loss has really slowed and it took me forever to get from 60 to 70 pounds. I'm not sure if I'm eating more or too many carbs or what, but I don't like it! I really wanted to hit my mid-goal of 145 by 6 months out (118 pounds lost). This is looking less and less achievable with each passing day. 50 pounds to go and a little less than two months to do it.

I starting running, and I LOVE it. I have my last run tomorrow to complete my coach to 5K program! I couldn't run more than 60 seconds at a time when I started and yesterday I ran for 28 minutes straight. Seriously the biggest NSV for me!

Let me know how you all are doing!!!!

PS: I'm six strands of hair away from being bald now...

PS: I'm six strands of hair away from being bald now...

You are not alone stephh I have bald spots all over I can't brush or wash my hair without having a Handfull of hair I have passed my crying stage and started wig shopping not fun at all !!!! I have an apt with my surgeon in 3 weeks I hope he give me something for this

The Hair loss thing is a rough one. I am shedding but not very concerned at this point. When did you guys firdy notice hair loss

I noticed mine starting around 3 months. I also am pulling handfuls out at a time.