Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@Monasongbird_38, I'm glad I'm not the only one losing hair. What is a sew in? I've never heard of that before. From what I've heard, just the stress on your body from surgery makes it fall out. My mom recently had plastics, and hers starting coming out again just from that. Not as much, but still more shedding than usual.

@@Kathy812, you're doing so phenomenal! 50 pounds in 4 short months is crazy. I know I couldn't have done that before, without my sleeve. What kind of thyroid condition do you have? Is it something that will go away after you're done losing weight? Rice is a strange thing to have a problem with lol. But I have issues with lettuce, which I'm not sad about BTW. I spent so many years eating lettuce because I was on a diet, I could care less if I ever had another!

3 days a week of exercise is a lifestyle you could easily keep up with the rest of your life. There is something to be said for that, and not getting burnt out by it.

Size 14s are the best thing ever. Seriously. You no longer have to go plus size, and can shop at normal people stores!!!

@@aSleeveStory it sounds like you are doing fantastic!!! You probably already look like a "stranger" with the 122 pounds you lost. That is seriously SO incredible!

In many ways, I do feel like a stranger. I'm down to 5XLT shirts from 7XLT and now a few of the 5's are starting to get baggy. I'm very fortunate in that my wife secretly kept ALL of my older shirts over the years. I had asked her a few times to get rid of them all, figuring I'd never need them again... but she hid them... and now I get to bring back all kinds of old favorites.

My pants were a 52 waist... I'm wearing 44's now and also probably ordering the 42's in a few more weeks. It's incredible, really.

My first weight goal was 383 from 484 for two reasons... one-time when I dieted very hard in 2007, I remember writing 383 on a chart... so I figured if I could be 383 again, I'd have rolled back the clock nearly eight years! And also because that would be 100 lbs down from my highest, which is also an incredible leap in the right direction.

My next goal is 325 -- which I'm closing in on. That took on more significance when my VSG surgeon agreed to do my umbilical hernia repair when I can get down to 325 as well... so I'm gunning for it!

@@aSleeveStory

You're doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

@@aSleeveStory

You're doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

Doing pretty darn great yourself! I see we're both about "half way" :)

Good morning Steph!

I had to laugh when you asked" what's a Sew-In"?...I am a Master Cosmetologist by trade...So I guess I think everyone should know the beautician lingo...lol

But its hair extensions. I'll send you a picture of my hair.< /p>

post-234742-0-92071500-1424272278_thumb.jpg

Hey Steph,

Here is another pic.

post-234742-0-36406800-1424272879_thumb.jpg

You're hair looks so great!!!! I might have to get some of this keeps up. Thanks for letting me know what a sew in is! I'm an accountant and pretty much live under a rock when it comes to fashion and hair. I just show my hair stylist Pinterest pictures of what I want and we got with it haha

lol.. I see. Well spring is coming and it's time to spruce it up a little!! We only live once! :D

@@stephh, I I have an under active thyroid which unfortunately does not go away. It is an autoimmune disease & difficulty Losing weight is one of the unfortunate symptoms. Prior to surgery, my surgeon tested my metabolism. Thankfully, he confirmed that even though the weight loss may be slow, It is definately doable.

By the way, thanks for the kind words & words of encouragement.

@@stephh, I I have an under active thyroid which unfortunately does not go away. It is an autoimmune disease & difficulty Losing weight is one of the unfortunate symptoms. Prior to surgery, my surgeon tested my metabolism. Thankfully, he confirmed that even though the weight loss may be slow, It is definately doable.

By the way, thanks for the kind words & words of encouragement.

I have an autoimmune disease too so I totally get the weird/unfortunate symptoms they cause. I'm glad that you have been given a tool to help you lose! And for "slow" weight loss, I bet your surgeon is happy with your progress, especially given the circumstances.

Good to hear all the updates. I was sleeved 10/9/14 & am down 75lbs. I'm at 203.6 & so want to get to onderland- so close. Sounds as if everyone is doing well-even @@Kathy812 . I read on here "only" should be banned- you've lost 50lbs & when was the last time you did that? That's awesome- everyone goes at their own pace.

Edited by SimplySue

I was sleeved 10/14 down 62lbs. No longer taking diabetic meds or shots. No longer on cholestrol meds. I will always be on thyroid meds but if treated properly will not effect weightloss. This is the purpose of thyroid meds to make it work at a normal level. Only problem I have is I have broken my foot and can't walk for at least 4 weeks. Keep up the great work everyone

I was sleeved 10/14 down 62lbs. No longer taking diabetic meds or shots. No longer on cholestrol meds. I will always be on thyroid meds but if treated properly will not effect weightloss. This is the purpose of thyroid meds to make it work at a normal level. Only problem I have is I have broken my foot and can't walk for at least 4 weeks. Keep up the great work everyone

Oh no, I broke my leg on 1/15 & had surgery on it 1/22! It sucks so much not being able to walk!!

I has WLS 10/28 and was down 70 lbs the last time I weighed myself. Keep up the good work everyone!

@chellede please add me to the October Sleevers List

I was sleeved 13th October 2014 surgery was done in Melbourne Australia

thanks xox :D

Hello everyone. My surgery date was 10/20. My surgery weight was 282, this morning I weighed 232. My goal is to loose 40 more lbs. I am 5' 11". I have not pushed my self exercise wise, I know I can do more.

I bought my first pair of size 16 jeans....no stretch! Wore them today, for the second time, and they are already getting loose!

I have been horrible at taking my meds, I have to get better at that.

It was great reading through the post and hearing how well everyone is doing.

I do have one issue, I know I have lost the weight, because the scale says it, and my clothes says it, but when I look in the mirror I see the same person....I don't know how to see and allow my brain to register the new me! Is anyone else dealing with this?