Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

kuebel J,

It may be the bun from the hamburger thats killing you. Unless its extremly toasted, I can't eat bread that thick.

Hope that helps!

its most likely the bread... i've eliminated bread completely out of my diet b/c i can only handle like little bits at a time like a bite more than that i find that its painful... i have found that turkey burger are really good without out the bread with some salad on the side of rice or veggies... maybe that could work for you.

Hey Friends,

Well started able to get foods down today! Still getting suck ever so often, but really not too bad. I guess I am officially restricted. :heh:

Hi everyone - this seems like a great group of people! I have posted a few times but I cant seem to keep track of the previous threads and then I'm lost again... I just need to keep checking things out I'm sure I'll figure out how the system works.

I was banded 3/12/07 in Utah and I had my second fill Wed. I now have 1.4 cc in my band and I do feel some restriction... I think, but I havent really eaten too much, I'm terrified of sliming and throwing up (I have not done either of those yet)

Well I look forward to reading your posts and learning more anout all of you.

OH Juli - You look Marvelous! Tia - The picture of you and your daughter is precious, and I love the new do! I can really tell the difference in both of your faces. Congratulations on the NSV Kaelin's Gma!

Stay strong and keep the faith everyone! We will all do this at our own pace. Our bodies (and minds) will want to revolt at various times. Working with our bands will be a learning process and will take time.

I like the fact that I am losing slowly....I think it's way better for our health and skin and mental adjustment. I was talking to someone who had bypass and lost 100 lbs in 5 months......that is SO not healthy!

Hi everyone - this seems like a great group of people! I have posted a few times but I cant seem to keep track of the previous threads and then I'm lost again... I just need to keep checking things out I'm sure I'll figure out how the system works.

I was banded 3/12/07 in Utah and I had my second fill Wed. I now have 1.4 cc in my band and I do feel some restriction... I think, but I havent really eaten too much, I'm terrified of sliming and throwing up (I have not done either of those yet)

Well I look forward to reading your posts and learning more anout all of you.

Hey Bobbi, I have 1cc right now. I've scheduled an appt for the end of May for another fill, and was thinking about getting .5 added. I too am affraid to PB/slime and I really don't want to get to where I can't eat healthy foods I want. I am able to eat about 1.5 cups at a time right now. Let me know how you do. What size is your band?

Hello Marchies,

I love the idea of posting pics on here. Wanna thank you all for the support. It's amazing what a little reading on h ere can do. Tammyj you ROCK as always...glad ur doing so well.

Here's the weird thing. This band is wierd and amazing all at the same time. At first fill I didn't feel restriction, yet here we are two weeks later and I feel more restriction than before. Go figure. I've decided NOT to get on my home scale...it's what ruined my other attempts at weight loss. I feel like I am eating yet I am losing. So it's all in the mind.

This band causes you to sit and think about what you are putting in your mouth. Forces you to eat VERY VERY slowly and chew your food well. After a while you feel it's TOO much work to eat.

I am grateful.

I've been at a stand still since my fill but don't think it's what I'm eating or not eating. I get my Protein and Water both in. I know it's a lack of real exercise which will change in 2 weeks after my son's wedding and those preps are over and no stress with that. When I compare what I use to eat with what I eat now I should be dropping weight but I guess my body is addjusting to the new eating pattern. I also need to stay off the scales daily. You are right about getting tired of eating. After doing all the chewing my jaws get tired and so I quit because I'm tired of chewing. Never thought I'd ever say something like that. I've never been one to tired, sick , hot, cold, bored, upset or anything else to not eat.

Hi Llsibley

I can relate to you, my sons Bar Mitzvah is next weekend. It has dominated our lives. I should probably get a fill before, but am also afraid of PBing, and I don't want another thing to worry about.

I had my fill, 1.5 cc's in a 4 cc's belt. I really do not see much of a change. I am not sure how it should really feel to get restricted. OK, Warning, crazy analogy coming.I guess it is kinda like a orgasm if you don't know what it feels like you probably don't have it.

I can say that I am eating probably 1/2 of what I would normally consume. But the scale has stalled, but I have not gained. Yeah! Once the Bar Mitzvah is over I am sure I will get on a exercising schedule.

Again, I love this thread, I will have to post about my experience at my lapband support group, it was very interesting.

Have a great week everyone!!

Hi there Marchies.

It's so good to see some new names popping up. Or maybe you are old names resurfacing. I wasn't here from the beginning. Regardless, "Hi!"

I want to say, seeing the doctor and his pumping me up about my losing weight earlier this week, I've been super good. My calories are around 1200 daily and I've been exercising some everyday. Even today, my sweetie and I stayed at a hotel yesterday to because we went to a committment ceremony. When I booked the room I made sure it had a fitness center. Well today I took my banded little self in there and got on the bike and treadmill. That would have never happened 6 months ago!

I don't mean to sound boastful...but I really am proud of just how much this band has affected how I deal with food and exercise. I'm very happy.

OH Juli

WARNING...NON-SCALE VICTORY (NSV) AHEAD!

So I am out for my walk today, just going along, admiring the view of this beautiful day and minding my own business. Most of the walk was uneventful, outside of saying HI to a few people I would pass by here and there, until I made my way back home, a car came by and some TWENTYSOMETHING guy whistled out the window at me! ROFL.

Wow, how long has it been since that has happened? I have no idea *grin*....but it certainly feels great!

The funny thing was, I had nothing revealing or outstanding on...just a casual outfit of capris and matching top. Of course, they were a couple of sizes smaller. Heh.

Hey Bobbi, I have 1cc right now. I've scheduled an appt for the end of May for another fill, and was thinking about getting .5 added. I too am affraid to PB/slime and I really don't want to get to where I can't eat healthy foods I want. I am able to eat about 1.5 cups at a time right now. Let me know how you do. What size is your band?

Hi, I dont know what size my band is, I go back to the dr in a week and a half and I will find out. But the 1.4 cc I have now does give me some restriction but not enough, I have to force myself to stop eating, I can still eat more than a cup of food... So hopefully I will get better restriction at my next visit. Good luck with your next fill, let me know how it goes.

Bobbi

WARNING...NON-SCALE VICTORY (NSV) AHEAD!

So I am out for my walk today, just going along, admiring the view of this beautiful day and minding my own business. Most of the walk was uneventful, outside of saying HI to a few people I would pass by here and there, until I made my way back home, a car came by and some TWENTYSOMETHING guy whistled out the window at me! ROFL.

Wow, how long has it been since that has happened? I have no idea *grin*....but it certainly feels great!

The funny thing was, I had nothing revealing or outstanding on...just a casual outfit of capris and matching top. Of course, they were a couple of sizes smaller. Heh.

WOW!!!!! way to go. Nothing will make you feel better than to be whistled at, I think. Keep up the great work.

I'm gonna be honest here. Since about two wks post-op (my banding was 3/14/07) I haven't really had to chew-chew-chew, take very long to eat a meal, or really have to slow down much at all, maybe on occasion in the a.m. Even after my 1st fill I didn't.

But now I do. My last fill of an additional 1cc has done the trick. I knew by ppls posts and the LB rules what is expected of me when it comes to meal time. But as of Friday, I officially have to follow these rules.

These few days have been hard.

I haven't pb'ed yet but today i really wanted to. I thought i was gonna die. I spit and spit saliva but never did.

This is taking some getting used to.

Did good for dinner!

went to Applebees and had the weight watchers talapia..yum-o!

I had about 3 tbsp of it and a few bites of broccoli and 1 asparagus speer and I was totally full!

Slow and steady really was the trick.

I guess this is my NSV! I'm slowly learning how to use this cool new tool I have!....Oh, and I went down 1 pant size! woo-hoo

Lost 30 lbs since November, 20 since banded.

Thanks fro listening