Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Hey Marchies-

The scale is finally MOVING. I'm hoping to drop just one more itty bitty pound before Monday. I'm down 49 today and Monday I get a fill. For whatever reason I like the idea of losing 50 pounds before my first fill. We will see.

Yesterday after dinner and again this morning my daughter and I got out on our bike and a half as we call it and went for rides. Yesterday we bought matching helmets. I've got flowers on my helmet because plain silver or black "is not cool, Mamma".

Oh let flowers and swirly dresses be cool for a very long time. Soon she'll be wrapped in black and half covered.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Peace

OH Juli

OH JULIE--"There is no turning back. This surgery means no giving up. EVER. If there are bad days where I eat too many calories or don't excercise how I planned then the next day I will dig a little deeper and do better.

The scale is only one measure of my progress it doesn't tell me if I have a spring in my step or if my knees don't hurt. It doesn't measure if my pants fit differently. It doesn't pick up my all smiles attitude or how I walk with my shoulders square and pass the candy isle with out a thought in grocery.

Those are just numbers that my describe my weight at this but they do not define who I am."

OH JULIE--This was so thoughtful and well said to me that I copied it out and taped it on my wall! Thanks!:clap2:

KYETHRA And I understand that many believe that it is ok to discriminate against fat people because fat people can lose weight (supposedly anyway).

They (whoever "THEY" are) say that obesity is the last acceptable form of discrimination.

DEMMEMOON

I'm sitting here with you in bandster hell. Can't wait till Tuesday.

My5grlz-

I'm glad it resonated with you. Thanks for letting me know.

Looks like you're exercising your tail off! Way to Go!

OH Juli

Thank-you all for your thoughts and prayers. You all are so sweet and I love this group! :love:

I only have one thing to say...I AM LOVING MY BAND!!! This restriction is FANTASTIC!!! I am eating about 1/2cup of food at each meal and I am full. When my pouch is full it feels like a knot in my chest and if I try to keep eating it just gets worse. No PB's yet (knock on wood)! I got a little discouraged a couple times because I couldn't eat more. My eyes were bigger than my stomach (literally;)), but I am so glad that I can't. THANK-YOU BAND!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am hoping I can keep this restriction at least til my next appt. which is June 4th!

I went jogging for the first time last week! I am still geeked that I was able to do it!!! lala3000 you are AWESOME girl!!! Thank-you so much! You told me I could do it and I DID!!! I'll be ready again on Tuesday! I'll try to keep up this time! :biggrin1:

Have a Great Week Everyone!!!

Tammj- so sorry for your loss!! i am also worried that I will be too tight. Did that show up right away?? I am sorry you will miss your trip to Las vegas. I saw where you have 2 boys. I have 3, they are real mommy boys. I was blessed enough to have a girl and she is a joy and such a character. I have to say that she thinks my husband hung the moon though.She looks exactly like me though.Do you want any more??

Yes, I have 2 handsome boys ages 4 and 10 and they are definitely momma's boys as well. No, I don't want any more kids. I'm through...tubes tied a couple years ago. Your daughter may be daddy's little girl right now...most girls are, but you'll probably find you have a best friend when she becomes an adult. Most boys usually grow up, get married, and forget about momma (not totally, but pretty much)!

I didn't feel tight while he was filling my band. I was able to drink the Water just fine in the office. I had my fill in the evening so I didn't drink anything that night when I got home. The next day is when I felt the tightness. I was only able to handle small sips of water and really small sips of Protein Shake. I just didn't like that feeling. Some people suffer through the tightness and from what I've read on this board it sounds miserable. I don't think not being able to eat most foods and PBing all the time is the way the band is supposed to work and it can lead to slippage. I did have some taken out and I think the restriction I have now is perfect! Good Luck with your fills. I think you will be able to tell very soon afterwards if it is way too tight.

Hello Everyone;

demmemoon: I totally agree. I work in a hospital and there is junk food everywhere in the halls, the waiting areas, the caf... EVERYWHERE!!!!

Well everyone, I started going to gym this week and have been feeling great! Because of my crazy schedule with exams, I haven;t been able to do any classes yet. There's this Salsa aerobic class I am waiting to try. Anyway, I've been working on the treadmill. I am proud to say that I stay on for 40 min with three 5 min jogging intervals. Who knew I would be able to jog for 5 whole minutes???:omg: :clap2:

I'm actually liking this jogging thing. I might take that up instead of the Water aerobics.

TammyJ and Afrykanvyolet

You running/jogging women rock! I'm adding bits of running to my time on the tredmill too. Not 5 whole minutes...WOW..but maybe by fall we can be running 5Ks!

OH Juli

OH Juli,

GIIIIRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could run 5k by the fall, I don't know how I would act. I would be the biggest DIVA around. I would talk about the 5k as if I had a 5k diamond ring..."Yes...and did you know that I ran a 5k??? Hm-hmm, yes I did, thank you."

Wow - they say wishes do come true!!!!!!! I guess I'll just have to wait for mine.

Hey Chris,

You sound as computer illeterate as I am. I can't even get a ticker put up or my picture on my post. It's on my profile (I'm the one on the right and the other is my daughter. We're wearing our matching Christmas pjs) I'm hoping when my son is around he can do all that if he has time. He's a computer nut.

I really need to start exercising. It's raining today and it's suppose to rain all week. I guess I need to get that dvd out I bought months and months ago and work out with that.

Hi LLSibley-- let me walk you thru the ticker thing.

1. click on someone's ticker - it will take you to the website to create yours.

2. click the box that says: "Create your own ticker"

3. click the "WEIGHT LOSS" or "EVENT" (your choice if you want to track the weight loss or count down to the surgery -- or count from the date you had surgery.) I am going to assume you clicked "WEIGHT LOSS" for the following steps.

4. click the ticker bar you wish to have as yours (there are 13 pages of designs to choose from - to see another page just click the page #) once you have decided - click "NEXT"

5. click the ticker slider you wish to have as yours (there are 7 pages of designs to chose from) once you decided - click "NEXT"

6. complete this page with your options - password; tracking by change of weight or showing actual weight and lbs lost; your target and starting weight; current weight and weight date; your height - click "NEXT"

7. highlight the code in the first box - starts with "[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/..." copy it (right mouse click - copy)

8. goto your "EDIT SIGNATURE" on your lapbandtalk and paste it (right mouse click - paste)

9. preview signature -- then add spaces and additional content as you wish.

Let me know if you need more help -- or if you have questions regarding these instructions.

Good Luck!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I want restriction so bad! Thank goodness I will probably get another fill on tuesday. I can eat without pain or feeling full it's like there isn't a band there......is my pouch stretched??

how do you know??

Had a fun weekend with the family at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Yes, I was in a swimsuit all day Saturday and had the best time on the waterslides. One bonus, the more weight on the back of the innertube, the faster you go! My only really uncomfortable moments were getting out of the innertube, I realized I could just "roll" over the side into the Water and still look graceful!

Did I mention I have no resitriction? I better be careful what I wish for, some here have said being too tight is miserable also.

gotta go! everyone have a great day tomorrow

OH Juli,

GIIIIRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could run 5k by the fall, I don't know how I would act. I would be the biggest DIVA around. I would talk about the 5k as if I had a 5k diamond ring..."Yes...and did you know that I ran a 5k??? Hm-hmm, yes I did, thank you."

Wow - they say wishes do come true!!!!!!! I guess I'll just have to wait for mine.

What makes you think you can't? How about walk/run a 5K? I've actually looked at the running clubs in Columbus and looked at schedules. I want to run so bad. My poor little knees say wait, PLEASE just get some weight off first!

Really, I think I'd be super hard pressed to get to it by fall, but this time next year I'll be doing it. "Cross my heart, and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye," promise.

And how well I know about being a Diva, when (not if) I do it, I'll turn the picture of me crossing the finish line into a life-sized, cut-out and stick it next to my office door. "yeah, that's me running my first 5K, don't my legs look strong?" I already strut my 264 pound self around like I'm something. I'd be impossible!

Yenken-

That must have felt so wonderful that your brother noticed your weight loss when he didn't even know to look for it. Good for you!:waytogo:

I finally did some real excersise this weekend. :) I spent some time with my mom is is an avid hiker and went on two short walks in the woods! That's the most excersie that I've had since I broke my leg back in 2004 (that's when I really started to put o the weight). With my second surgery (for my leg) 1 year behind me I am pleased to announce that I had vey minimal swelling after our second "hike" today and I'm looking forward to doing it again!!!!

Good Morning world

My experience was so weird this weekend I has so much restriction! I dont know what happen to me Friday but all of a sudden I couldnt eat as much as usual. The only thing I could get down was meat and cheese nachos and lemonade! I ate some dressing and 4 bites of cassarole for dinner last nite. I schedule another fill for tommrrow I need this extra boost to get me over this slump. 21 pounds I need more to come off!!!!

I excited to get my 2nd fill