Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best multivitamin for early post op

I need to buy my Multi Vitamins to bring with me to the hospital as my NuT said I will be taking one right after surgery! I would prefer a chewable to be on the safe side, but also need all the important things that must be in it!

I used flintstone with Iron right out of the hospital.

I used flintstone with Iron right out of the hospital.

My doctor said that's not sufficient?

My doctors office said two Flintstone children's chewable tabs a day. I take both of them in the am.

Thx everyone for all the good input! I as we'll have to bring my Vitamins in, as my nut said no Flinstones either ! Every surgeon is so different! I went ahead and ordered chewable multi Vitamin from bariatric choice! Just a 30 day supply , so if I don't like them , I'll try a new kind! Happy Monday all, one day closer to my rebirth ! ????

I used the chewable from opurity, they can be purchased on the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury website. They also have a chewable Calcium. My nutritionist likes them, and they tasted okay to me.

Be careful with OTC Vitamins. They often contain a lot if sugar which is bad for the new tummy, and often don't contain enough of what you need. Im taking Celebrate multivitamin with Iron twice a day, and Celebrate Calcium plus D 4 times a day. They must also be spaced out and you can't tKe the calcium and iron together. Iron, zinc and Protein are all involved in Hair loss, and I don't wan to go there!!! So I take em !!

i did Centrum childrens chewables, 2 a day then switched to the Bariatric chewable from Twinlab. not a fan of either one. i hate chewables.

hopeful i can switch back to just a regular adult multi eventually...

I just paid $3 got a sample pack from (celebrate) it let me pick what kind of flavors i wanted to try and im trying all the chewables right now. Personally i think im going with the Centrum liquid that i found over the counter just for the first few months. Then Im switching to one of the chewables either Centrum or one from Celebrate. the flavors were not horrible so far but i only tried 3 out of my package.

Im told that costco and Walmart carry a liquid brand (wellesse) for Vit D and Calcium, Im looking for those also for the first few months. The Celebrate Calcium chew was actually like candy and those will be in my future for sure the CARAMEL flavor...but just thinking chewing Gummy stuff the first few months not sure how it will feel.

I have a strict Vitamin schedule through Kaiser, not sure everyone has same thing but I have to take a Multi-Iron +C, B1, B12 sublingual, Vit D and Calcium and selenium. it was overwhelming so gonna do shots of whatever i need in the am after breakfast:)

I have used opurity chewable vitamins from the beginning. They are made by Unjury. The thing that impressed me was the quality ingredients. They advertise, "china free", which is a big issue with Vitamins and knowing what is actually in your Vitamin supplements. They are a bit more expensive than others out there but I have been very satisfied with the vitamin and the Protein

My Nut has me taking a brand called Celebrate Bariatric supplements. I ordered them online. A little expensive but she says they absorb better. I was extremely anemic but after less than 30 days on the Iron, my level had gone from 20 to 53. (Normal for women is 40-60.) So I'm sticking with this!

Thx everyone for all the good input! I as we'll have to bring my Vitamins in, as my nut said no Flinstones either ! Every surgeon is so different! I went ahead and ordered chewable multi Vitamin from bariatric choice! Just a 30 day supply , so if I don't like them , I'll try a new kind! Happy Monday all, one day closer to my rebirth ! dde4f

I have my Bariatric ultra multi Vitamin from Bariatric Advantage I'm taking that now