Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Sleevers...Please Post Your Stats

So my fear of having the surgery and NOT having a significant amount of weight loss is dwindling. It looks like everyone has had pretty good results. I haven't heard of anyone not losing weight so far. Thanks for the response. <br><br> So, Kindle, may I ask how often and what type of exercise you've been doing? <br><br> I hope to have results like you...

My siister has lost 40lbs in 3 months... I havent weighed in yet 1 week follow up soon.. Youre gonna lose weight

I am 34 5'5 & 1/2. My HW: 321 lbs SW:314 lbs CW: 200 lbs! I was sleeved on July 18, 2013 & am down a total of 121 lbs with 65 more to lose to get to goal! I also added a flipagram video of my progress through the first year having the sleeve! On the day of my one year surgiversary I weighed in @ 205 lbs so I have lost 5 more lbs since then! You will be so happy you did this & you will lose more weight then I think you expect, I know I did!

post-181615-0-56235900-1407815648_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]47253[/ATTACH]

http://flipagram.com/f/FnMVAw9oaO

Edited by cherbear33

I am 7 wks out post sleeve.

heaviest weight: 233

surgery day weight: 218

current weight: 195.

i eat EVERYTHING i want to including the good carbs. my bariatric program is very big and very successful and they strive to teach you to eat normal portions of all healthy macronutrients. I have had whole grain toast, wheat thin crackers, thin crust pizza and whole wheat tortillas. all fruits, all meats except for roast beef, and most veg at this point.

I hit a stall 3 wks out also and didn't budge for about 12 days but moving good since. exercise is key for me, if i don't do it, the scale doesn't move the next day.

cravings for me have been very minimal. right now i'm craving steak so i'm betting my Iron is a bit low. going to grill up a nice little fillet for dinner with sweet potato and i'll be good.

my sleeve is a TOOL to help me learn to eat right, choose healthy options and normal portions. i feel awesome, am off all meds, am down 2 pants sizes and have enough energy to go go go all day long!

My highest weight is 242

sleeve weight was 226.

my current weight is 185.

I am 5 foot three, well almost.

And 44 years old.

I was sleeved May 7 of this year.

I had a two-week very strict preop diet.

I have not been the best exerciser I walk every day and I do the elliptical for 30 minutes.

Started my journey Feb 7th.. 270 lbs...

Surgery date April 23rd.... 250 lbs...

Current weight August 12... 197 lbs...

I'm 48 5'4 Started wearing 24 pants and XXXL everything.

Currently wearing 14 pants and L everything!

Best decision I have ever made falling a little but short of marrying my husband !! Haha

Hitting Onederland and being able to shop in a normal store are two of the biggest thrills so far hands down!!

I love the challenges on here... Did the 4 th of July one and now doing the Labor Day one!! Great motivation!!

I think I have a cast Iron sleeve because nothing I have eaten has made me sick to my stomach!!!

I have become a very disciplined eater. I am conscious of everything I put in my mouth and why I am putting it there!! If it's not because my body needs it I pass on it. I measure everything!! I have had the occasional three or four licks of soft ice cream then give the rest to my dogs! Haha

I use myfitnesspal religiously!!

That's about it!! Good luck on your journey!! Best advice i can give you...

1. After surgery.. Walk walk walk in the hospital!!

2. First week after surgery... Sip sip sip

3. Always remember your new tummy is a tool and you must treat it right and it will treat you right!! Measure measure measure!

@@mi75

Hi, So glad to hear that you have tons of energy. I have a few friends who are feeling very LOW ENERGY a few weeks out and it is making me nervous......(my surgery date is September) I can't afford to feel lethargic all day long. Do you think their low energy is due to lack of Water? I'm hoping that if I do EVERYTHING my surgeons say that I won't have the fatigue. Are you having to puree all the foods you mentioned at 7 weeks out or are you able to eat (and chew) anything at this point? Such great info and encouragement in your post.

no, at 7 wks i am on a 'regular' diet and chewing all foods. tonight i had a small steak and potato and some steamed broccoli. it was AWESOME! i DO still have a Protein shake every day and anticipate doing that for the next 7-9 months until i can eat enough in my daily routine. i am guessing that for ME, my sudden energy high is due to these things:

1. i was drinking almost a GALLON of regular pop every day and likely my blood sugar was sky high, draining me of vital energy.

2. i was on 200 mg of a beta blocker medication for my blood pressure, this medication as a class can make you pretty fatigued.

3. i couldn't move.i couldn't breathe, i couldn't do anything! it was all i could do to just get through my work day. now i go and exercise 4/4 work days every week and on the weekends i do some other sort of physical activity that gets my requirements in.

i think my body is just rejoicing in the fact that i am turning things around and no longer killing myself with my diet and lifestyle!

Kindle you look amazing how did u tone up so well?

Thanks.....See page 2, post #16 of this thread. Sorry it's nothing more inspiring than that.

Ha..Kindle I keep inviting people to move hay and shovel horse manure with me too! Excellent work out - strength, cardiovascular all in one. :)

Thanks.....See page 2, post #16 of this thread. Sorry it's nothing more inspiring than that.

DaddyMarie. ....50 pds. gone after only 3 months is super exciting! I believe you will totally hit your goal of 140. Please keep us updated.<br><br> Thanks for all the stats and encouraging pics....they are all very impressive.<br><br> It is hearing the success stories from all of you people that keep me excited and motivated for my own weight loss journey coming up next month. <br><br> I haven't even started and am so happy at the prospect of recognizing myself in the mirror again! I avoid them at all costs now. I think any substantial weight loss will make me happy. I broke my back in 2 places 3 years ago and put on a substantial amount of weight. ....my bback hips, and knees, not to mention my swollen ankles will be overjoyed to not have to carry around excess poundage. <br><br> I have also made up my mind to ONLY weigh once a month. That will keep me positive cause any amount of weight loss will make me happy but a stall for 2 or 3 weeks might discourage me. <br><br> Please keep the success stories, pics, and updates coming. You ALL are my heros!

Thank you!!

I was 270 before 3 weeks of liver shrink diet. Started at 255 at surgery. Have not loss anything yet. Am only 7 day post surgery. Is this normal. Actually I had gained 2 to 3 lbs probably from Water and swelling

@@2late4bed

just thought i'd repeat my stats from last month

I am 5'3

2 weeks after surgery i was 58 years OLD

now i am 60 year YOUNG ;)

i never did a pre-op weight loss (i wish I had)

DOS 235 lbs

1 yr later 130 lbs GOAL :)

maintaining (fluctuate at times 3-5 lbs)

i never kept "real" records i'm ashamed to say :(

i did lose about 80 lbs the first 8 months

it took me about 4 months to lose the laslt 25 :angry:

you can see my pics in the before and after

for obvious reason i hate the before pic :angry:

but the after pic - i look cute as a button!! :D :D

even though the majority of us "heavy" people hate our before pics, its good to have one to see the amazing transformations!!

keep a blog, measurements, monthly weight loss and pictures through your journey

do as I say, not as i do

i regret not keeping track of my "history" :angry:

also keep at least one pair of your jeans - to see the difference with your new jeans

for the record, i didn't do that

when i reached goal i went to Kohl's

i bought the same 2X elastic waist jeans that i always bought

OMG what a difference

i keep them in my closet for posterity ;)

good luck with surgery next month :)

look forward to a healthier, happier, longer life

who deserves it more?? :)

i feel very wonderful and proud that i never mind giving a shout out about my stats

all you that posted above pics - my oh my you look great!!!!

but.............

@@Kindle and @@Curvy

i think you both are such show offs :D :lol:

looking good ladies ;)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I am 5'3

2 weeks after surgery i was 58 years OLD

now i am 60 year YOUNG ;)

i never did a pre-op weight loss (i wish I had)

DOS 235 lbs

1 yr later 130 lbs GOAL :)

maintaining (fluctuate at times 3-5 lbs)

i never kept "real" records i'm ashamed to say :(

i did lose about 80 lbs the first 8 months

it took me about 4 months to lose the laslt 25 :angry:

you can see my pics in the before and after

for obvious reason i hate the before pic :angry:

but the after pic - i look cute as a button!! :D :D

even though the majority of us "heavy" people hate our before pics, its good to have one to see the amazing transformations!!

keep a blog, measurements, monthly weight loss and pictures through your journey

do as I say, not as i do

i regret not keeping track of my "history" :angry:

also keep at least one pair of your jeans - to see the difference with your new jeans

for the record, i didn't do that

when i reached goal i went to Kohl's

i bought the same 2X elastic waist jeans that i always bought

OMG what a difference

i keep them in my closet for posterity ;)

good luck with surgery next month :)

look forward to a healthier, happier, longer life

who deserves it more?? :)

i feel very wonderful and proud that i never mind giving a shout out about my stats

all you that posted above pics - my oh my you look great!!!!

but.............

@@Kindle and @@Curvy

i think you both are such show offs :D :lol:

looking good ladies ;)

kathy

Proudgrammy, you really are as cute as a button and the sweetest thing ever.