Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

I wasn't going to post but I gotta agree here! Yes I know 3 of these females myself. The sad truth is we personally tried to prevent one that we considered a friend from getting hurt before it happen but she wouldn't listen! She just knew this was "true love" it got to the point where she thought I was a hater lmao!! So we stopped speaking! Now everything we warned her about happen and now these women are playing the victim? Please they knew about eachother, hated eachother and now they are all buddy buddy trying to bring Omar down cause they are hurt and embarrassed! Yes Omar made mistakes and I talked to him many times and tried to make him see his ways but these ladies are adults. He would stop contacting them and yet they would threaten and black mail him so he would keep talking to them. It got to the point where I even stop talking to Omar cause I seen what was going to happen before it did! But I refuse to allow people to think these ladies are the victim here! He played them and he was wrong as hell but he is a man.. But they have to take some blame in this

Oh, my apologies, you are right, he was wrong, but he is a man so that excuses it. Seriously, are you reading what you just posted? There is no excuse, man, woman or otherwise. Have you ever gone to your doctor's office and had one of the staff make explicit comments to you about his genitals? Would that be excused because, well, he is a man? Because, that is what one of these woman had happen to her. And, he continued even after she specifically told him it made her uncomfortable and she also did not appreciate the advances he was making towards her. She did not tell Dr. Illan because she was alone in a foreign county by herself. She was afraid her care would be compromised if she spoke out, so she kept it to herself.

They are victims, they do not have to take the blame. Like I said before, that is like saying a rape victim is partially to blame because of the way she was dressed. They were vulnerable, obese, low self-esteem, alone and far away from home. They were going through major surgery and most likely in a very emotional state. Omar feeds on that and takes advantage of it. He is wrong and anyone who defends him should be ashamed of themselves.

If you can't find true love during a 3-day surgical trip in a Tijuana Hospital, then where the hell can you find true love?

And dang it, now I've got "lookin' for love in all the wrong places" stuck in my head.

Well susan - please show me where i have beaten down and attacked any woman who has come forward to tell their personal story?  You call me a fan girl? You make a LOT of assumptions.  Not unlike how you make assumptions about Dr. Illan's knowledge and or motives even though you haven't spoken to him.  

Again, nice try but the evidence in this thread belies your accusations against me. 

After reading all this drama, my concern is not for those of you arguing tooth and nail about who is right and who is wrong. My concern is that somewhere out there we have members who are suffering, embarrassed, feeling taken advantage of, yet feel that they can't speak of it here for fear of being judged.

Yes, that is my concern as well.

I wasn't going to post but I gotta agree here! Yes I know 3 of these females myself. The sad truth is we personally tried to prevent one that we considered a friend from getting hurt before it happen but she wouldn't listen! She just knew this was "true love" it got to the point where she thought I was a hater lmao!! So we stopped speaking! Now everything we warned her about happen and now these women are playing the victim? Please they knew about eachother, hated eachother and now they are all buddy buddy trying to bring Omar down cause they are hurt and embarrassed! Yes Omar made mistakes and I talked to him many times and tried to make him see his ways but these ladies are adults. He would stop contacting them and yet they would threaten and black mail him so he would keep talking to them. It got to the point where I even stop talking to Omar cause I seen what was going to happen before it did! But I refuse to allow people to think these ladies are the victim here! He played them and he was wrong as hell but he is a man.. But they have to take some blame in this

I am not denying anything. I am simply saying 3 of these woman were fully aware of what was happening and were o.k. with it, until they got dumped! They were not taken advantage of in ANY way.

Do you want me to break out the f**king crayons and draw you pictures?

It really scares me that you excuse his poor behavior with the words "he was wrong as hell but he is a man". Wow.

Well I'm personally speaking on the women I personally know about that wanted what Omar was giving and didn't feel uncomfortable! If

There is really other women this happen to then yea I feel hurt for them and won't give him a pass! But like I said I'm speaking up on the 3 that was involved and wanted it just as much as he did hell one is even married so yea.. But y'all believe what y'all want cause trust me I have screen shots and chats that prove what I'm saying.. Dr Illan is a great surgeon and it pisses me off that he is being drug in this bs cause of Omar and his groupies

Oh, my apologies, you are right, he was wrong, but he is a man so that excuses it. Seriously, are you reading what you just posted? There is no excuse, man, woman or otherwise. Have you ever gone to your doctor's office and had one of the staff make explicit comments to you about his genitals? Would that be excused because, well, he is a man? Because, that is what one of these woman had happen to her. And, he continued even after she specifically told him it made her uncomfortable and she also did not appreciate the advances he was making towards her. She did not tell Dr. Illan because she was alone in a foreign county by herself. She was afraid her care would be compromised if she spoke out, so she kept it to herself.

They are victims, they do not have to take the blame. Like I said before, that is like saying a rape victim is partially to blame because of the way she was dressed. They were vulnerable, obese, low self-esteem, alone and far away from home. They were going through major surgery and most likely in a very emotional state. Omar feeds on that and takes advantage of it. He is wrong and anyone who defends him should be ashamed of themselves.

Well I'm personally speaking on the women I personally know about that wanted what Omar was giving and didn't feel uncomfortable! If There is really other women this happen to then yea I feel hurt for them and won't give him a pass! But like I said I'm speaking up on the 3 that was involved and wanted it just as much as he did hell one is even married so yea.. But y'all believe what y'all want cause trust me I have screen shots and chats that prove what I'm saying.. Dr Illan is a great surgeon and it pisses me off that he is being drug in this bs cause of Omar and his groupies

I don't disagree, he is a good surgeon, I've said that from the start. But, Omar is his employee, and if misconduct is occurring, it is his responsibility to put an end to it.

I really do wonder what uncivilized culture the women are living in who say, essentially, "he's a man and he has his urges, so you can't blame him."

Let me introduce you to the actual facts of this matter.

The sexual comments and events described in this thread took place in a bariatric surgery center. A bariatric surgery center is NOT a bar. It is NOT a dance club. It is NOT a singles mixer. It is, I repeat, a MEDICAL CLINIC.

The people working there--ALL of them, not just the doctor--have a standard of care they must meet, which is to care for the health of their patients who are trusting that the people working at the clinic have the patients' best interests at heart and that they will be healed and helped, not hurt.

And regarding the doctor's culpability, read the bloody medical code of ethics. You will see that a doctor is responsible in every way for the delivery of the services of his/her medical team. Whether the doctor knows or doesn't know about misbehavior like this, he/she is STILL responsible for the misbehavior BECAUSE IT IS HIS/HER CLINIC and the people working there are his/her employees.

That's exactly how a Medical Board of Examiners will look at it.

But she is married and had a affair with Omar so what does that say about her? Let me guess he is the only one wrong here still right?

I am not denying anything. I am simply saying 3 of these woman were fully aware of what was happening and were o.k. with it, until they got dumped! They were not taken advantage of in ANY way.

It really scares me that you excuse his poor behavior with the words "he was wrong as hell but he is a man". Wow.

Your post contradicts itself so much that my head is exploding.

You personally tried to prevent a friend from getting hurt but you don't want Susan and the other women that were exploited from trying to prevent others from getting hurt? You warned her about something happening and it did and now she's "playing" a victim? You say he "played them", but they are not victims? Wow!

Susan, I think your approach in this topic has been horrible. You made a very aggressive and inflammatory post then immediately went on the attack on anyone who asked questions. You tried to dismiss people as merely fangirls as if people don't have a brain and can think for themselves. I resent being told I am of a herd mentality and therefore my legitimate questions are not worthy of consideration. That is an ad hominem attack. I think you owe me an apology.

Edited by Travelmego

I really do wonder what uncivilized culture the women are living in who say, essentially, "he's a man and he has his urges, so you can't blame him."

Let me introduce you to the actual facts of this matter.

The sexual comments and events described in this thread took place in a bariatric surgery center. A bariatric surgery center is NOT a bar. It is NOT a dance club. It is NOT a singles mixer. It is, I repeat, a MEDICAL CLINIC.

The people working there--ALL of them, not just the doctor--have a standard of care they must meet, which is to care for the health of their patients who are trusting that the people working at the clinic have the patients' best interests at heart and that they will be healed and helped, not hurt.

And regarding the doctor's culpability, read the bloody medical code of ethics. You will see that a doctor is responsible in every way for the delivery of the services of his/her medical team. Whether the doctor knows or doesn't know about misbehavior like this, he/she is STILL responsible for the misbehavior BECAUSE IT IS HIS/HER CLINIC and the people working there are his/her employees.

That's exactly how a Medical Board of Examiners will look at it.

Yup. In the good old USofA, heads would roll. I have no idea what the medical code of ethics is in Mexico, but surely the standards are higher than poo-pooing the behavior of a man "and his urges".

I don't think that is the end of story alex.  Not by a long shot. I think there is more to the side - another side - that you nor susan have inquired about.

I was not 'building a case' to 'discredit' susan. If you read back in all of my posts, I have been very reasonable and asking legit questions and certainly not saying it is not true.  However, when someone clearly posts under a fake name to support her arguments and then forgets to log out and posts something she meant to post under her real name.....well that IS a matter of credibility and ethical behavior too isn't it?  

I also have an issue with someone trying to 'bring down' a widely regarded excellent surgeon based on her speculation of his knowledge and/or motives without having ever spoken to said surgeon.  

I'm (not) sorry, but I am not taking your's or susan's word on this matter 'just because you say so'.  I need to see real evidence that this is more than a consensual romance gone sour.

I think I am a more interested party in this matter than most since I am getting surgery there in 3.5 weeks.  I, of all people, have the right to question the claims and ask for more information and evidence.  

It's not a fake name. Please stop repeating false info. Bill lives with Susan. He's logged in to this site at times. She posted with his account and realized she made a mistake. Do you really think Susan would post with her (known) BF's screen name ? I'd call her out on it the second I read the post. 

Susan, I think your approach in this topic has been horrible. You made a very aggressive and inflammatory post then immediately went on the attack on anyone who asked questions. You tried to dismiss people as merely fangirls as if people don't have a brain and can think for themselves. I resent being told I am of a herd mentality and therefore my legitimate questions are not worthy of consideration. That is an ad hominem attack.

Even the fangirls are supporting that Omar had relationships with patients and there was enough information out there that they were warning friends about him.

It says her behavior regarding her marriage sucks.  What it doesn't say is that she is acting against medical ethics as he did, nor is she going to potentially host someone through this surgery as he is.  No one's health and safety is in her hands.  She only has to answer to herself and her husband.  He, on the other hand, is putting Dr.Illan's practice at risk and that's a shame.

But she is married and had a affair with Omar so what does that say about her? Let me guess he is the only one wrong here still right?