Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

I don't need details about when u went back I know enough. Don't forget all our chats...screen shots don't lie. You didn't have to go back and see him! All I'm saying is dont play the victim role cause u know a well as I do u knew all about him

All I can say is WOW! All of this is so sad! To be taken advantage of when you are at your lowest point and afraid is so wrong. I am pretty sure almost all of us have been a victim at some time in our lives because of our obesity. Instead of fighting we need to stand together and protect our mothers, sisters , daughter's and so forth from the predators in this world. No matter who is a fault here, emotions were played upon and it needs to end.

100% truth and I think I have a copy of a chat where she even said if he does her wrong she will out him! (Looking now)

Dr. Illan has nothing to do with this. Omar made lousy choices! So did these woman! It takes two to tango!

SOME of these "victims" are not victims at all. Just scorned lovers!

Susan, this post is also not about you. I'm not talking to you anymore. M is here. This is none of your concern. No one cares or believes what you're saying because once again you aren't involved. It does concern me because I know this woman is a liar. She is making claims that no one else can attest to experiencing. I am not the first person that she (our this group of women) have harassed and/or made up lies about in regards to omar. This is not unusual behavior for this group of obsessed women. They have harassed several other women to the point where they had to leave the team illan Facebook group and block them. Enough is enough.

Sorry I don't mean to be argumentive and believe this thread is out of control but can we AGREE that none of us were there BUT where there is smoke there is generally fire. Do you agree that if this and I do say IF this did occur to yourself, your family or a friend then you would have preferred to be told that there had been accusations in the past so that yourself, your family or friend would have been more cautious to ensure you did not put yourself in harms way at this vulnerable time ?

I think everyone who has read this thread would have to nod their head yes to this question. Forget the hurts on behalf of people that did your surgery or co ordinated your surgery and be glad that the many women that don't have a choice but have to go to Mexico by themselves at this vulnerable time do so with caution because the person who decided to speak up on behalf of these women.

So far, there are 2 somewhat legitimate scorned lovers. Omar has been in a long distance relationship with these two women in the years he has been a coordinator. God forbid.

Their initial "relations" were not "at the time of service/surgery" but rather on a return trip to visit, bring their 16 year old, get dental work, booty call, etc. These women were not patients at this time and omar had friendly relationships with them up to this point.

These women are acting like they were forcefully fondled while bed ridden after surgery. This is not the case. Besides Sandi and Michelle, there is no 3rd testimony. It's a fake. Team illan has known about the 2 for much longer than Susan and Alex. So this is not news to them.

The new Facebook page was made because sandi threatened to report team illan to Facebook and get it deleted. Team illan is a very supportive community that the admins did not want to see simply thrown away. Sandi and Michelle are mad because they got removed. Their names were listed one time and quickly removed. Everyone is calling BS on their accusations.

This post is doing exactly what Susan wants it not to do. The requests to join the pages have spiked. No one trusts the legitimacy of this website anymore and people are over it and leaving it. Bad publicity about this website is being spread like wildfire throughout Facebook as we speak. So please continue rambling... continue with the pathetic banter.

Omar is a somewhat attractive man. A good majority openly make comments on the regular about how sexy the Mexican men are there, referring to the doctors, coordinators, plastic surgeons, etc. Their view of omar is no different. Omar is a very quiet and extremely shy guy. I have seen him been hit on and groped so many times by patients, I lost count.

Omar himself is a patient to dr. Illans workmanship. He knows what it's like to be in a bariatric patients place.. He has lost close to 100 lbs since his april 1st, 2013 surgery. The statement that he preys on overweight vulnerable patients, is a sham. This may be your opinion.

Being fat and overweight is not an excuse for making stupid decisions; nor does it get you sympathy. He didn't forcefully fondle you. You spread your legs after flying to Mexico on purpose. This is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

Edited by babygirl1987

And just so everyone understand... when you quote anything whitneyfarmer.2014 or whitneyfarmer.new says... You are talking to yourself. Saying her name even is pointless, as she has been banned and comments removed throughout this thread.

Well, one thing seems clear.  The Facebook "Team Illan" (by any name) is a den of vipers.  

Omar is a somewhat attractive man. A good majority openly make comments on the regular about how sexy the Mexican men are there, referring to the doctors, coordinators, plastic surgeons, etc. Their view of omar is no different. Omar is a very quiet and extremely shy guy. I have seen him been hit on and groped so many times by patients, I lost count.

What in the world is happening at Dr. Illan's establishment?  This version describes no medical facility I have ever heard of in my life.  Why are Dr. Illan's patients acting like this?  

We already heard charges of medical staff behaving unethically.  And now you're making charges of patients sexually assaulting the medical staff. 

What do you guys put in the Water down there?!  

Edited by VSGAnn2014

That's absolutely untrue. There are over 300 members of Team Illan and it is a very friendly and supportive place.

I know more about the situation than I did this morning and I will say that I think the best policy for anyone dealing with patients is to keep them on a professional only level with regards to relationships. I know that at least one of the people who posted here today has been a huge Omar and Dr. Illan fan until just recently so I'm having a very difficult time with this whole turn of events. Those of you calling Team Illan members vipers and bullies might want to think of why some members are so passionately defending the team. It's because they know the accusers and their real story. They were friends and confidants and they know that they were not molested, harassed, raped, or pressured into a sexual relationship.

I'm not letting Omar off the hook as some others are. I think it was unwise and possibly unethical to date patients and I hope that he refrains from doing so in the future. He is a good guy though. He's great at his job and helps a lot of people and he doesn't deserve this.

Well, one thing seems clear.  The Facebook "Team Illan" (by any name) is a den of vipers.  

To make the stay enjoyable and also to get us out of the hotel and walking around, Omar takes us all shopping, sightseeing, and out for food. While I was there with my sister we were grouped up with several other women and a husband. We all hung out together and it was a relaxed, enjoyable experience. I didn't see anything besides a little joking going on in my group but I did hear someone that had been there the day before I got there say that another lady would not leave him alone and kept joking about wanting to move to Tijuana to be with Omar. This person left town before I arrived so I didn't see any of that go on. It was described as very one sided. I don't understand coming down for surgery and getting involved with someone I'm only going to see for a few days but that's just me.

What in the world is happening at Dr. Illan's establishment? This version describes no medical facility I have ever heard of in my life. Why are Dr. Illan's patients acting like this?

We already heard charges of medical staff behaving unethically. And now you're making charges of patients sexually assaulting the medical staff.

What do you guys put in the Water down there?!

We are Vipers!!!! Lol, good one

I just joined the group and have been reading this thread. As someone who is just walking in to the board here is what I see.

A doctor that is in another country, who is very good, has a coordinator who dips into the

pool of patients( that generally have self image issues to start with).

Okay to start with, I think that the post needs to be out there as a warning to what can happen when you are dealing with foreign doctors office. They are not subject to American laws of ethics or rules. More than likely, said coordinator won't be removed for the same reason. No ethics laws.

I have been taken advantage of when I was younger, by a man that knew what buttons to push. Im not saying I wasn't aware of it but since we were all force fed the Cinderella stories our whole lives, I wanted to believe it so much.

What really doesn't sit well with me is the catty, lack of empathy toward those who it happened to. I blame it on the anonymity of the internet. If we were sitting in real life, in a circle discussion about this it wouldn't have so many mean comments and tones on the topic. We should be a lot nicer to each other since we have all been in the same boat.

Take this thread as a cautionary tale of what can happen if you choose to have surgery out of the country.

The Omar fan club has been hard at it. You are all so deeply buried in the charm and charisma of this man, it is almost scary. What about the woman he has made advances on who did resist him? Again. Is it appropriate to tell a patient about your genitals? The bottom line is this man is at the top of the food chain preying on innocent victims. He has used his charm to gather the ones he hasn't preyed upon to come to his rescue, stand behind him and bully his victims who dare to speak out and scare the rest from ever doing so. I have had conversations with this man. He has lied to me and those lies have been confirmed by his groupies. To the ladies who have spoken out despite the bullying that is taking place here, thank you for your bravery. There are other, but because of the all out vicious attacks that have occurred here, they are afraid to speak out. And who can blame them? I am ashamed and saddened at the same time by this group of fan girls. They seem to think they know everything about everyone. And of course, what they know must be fact because their coordinate god Omar who drive them around town and took care of them said so. I only hope nothing like this ever happens to you. Then again, maybe I hope it does then you can see how it feels to be victimized and realize what horrible, uncaring, nasty bullies you really are.

Oh, and here is one other fascinating tidbit of fact for you. Dr. Illan is not the only doctor Omar has coordinated for. He will, of course, fabricate a wonderful fairytale telling you otherwise, but he was let go due to inappropriate advances on female patients.

Edited by *susan*

Except I have never met Omar and have spoken to him for maybe 4 mins total. I have still been asking questions. It is disingenuous to lump everyone who might ask questions and/or disagree with you or your methods or goals into some fan club. I consider it pretty bullying to try to 'take down' a surgeon who you have never spoken to.

Edited by Travelmego

Except I have never met Omar and have spoken to him for maybe 4 mins total. I have still been asking questions. It is disingenuous to lump everyone who might ask questions and/or disagree with you or your methods or goals into some fan club.

Once again, I did not say your name. Please quit making this about you. It is about the victims. If I am directly referring to you, I will quote you or say your name.