Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Heather, yes, that was my thread about my experience with my surgeon.

I invite you to please start your own threads and complain about me there all you want. I am a big girl and can handle it. But, I am tired of your insistance on detracting from the importance of this thread and turning it into your own personal vendetta against me or anyone who dares to speak against your surgeon.

There is an important message here to be heard. If you are traveling to Mexico, please be advised there are people who are willing to take advantage of you for their own personal needs. They understand you are in a very vulnerable state. Don't become a victim, protect yourself. And don't allow a handful of people to make you feel like you have done something wrong, when you haven't. No matter what anyone else says, it is unprofessional and unethical. Just because the doctor isn't directly doing it, his coordinator is, and his coordinator is the primary person who runs his business. When it occurs again and again, and it is not addressed, there is a problem. If this has happened to you, do not be afraid to stand up for yourself, don't allow yourself to be bullied.

Susan, this post is also not about you. I'm not talking to you anymore. M is here. This is none of your concern. No one cares or believes what you're saying because once again you aren't involved.

It does concern me because I know this woman is a liar. She is making claims that no one else can attest to experiencing. I am not the first person that she (our this group of women) have harassed and/or made up lies about in regards to omar. This is not unusual behavior for this group of obsessed women. They have harassed several other women to the point where they had to leave the team illan Facebook group and block them.

Enough is enough.

Susan,

I don't care enough about you to start a thread and complain about you. I don't know you and I don't want to know you. The only reason I'm on this thread is because my surgeon is being accused of wrong doing and not even by the "victim" but by someone who has nothing to do with it. I came here to share my experience with my surgeon and his coordinator and also to say that this thread is not the way to handle any of the issues you are alleging. 

Dragging someone through the mud in this manner is shameful and extremely immature. It reeks of attention seeking at it's worst.

I invite you to please start your own threads and complain about me there all you want.  I am a big girl and can handle it.  But, I am tired of your insistance on detracting from the importance of this thread and turning it into your own personal vendetta against me or anyone who dares to speak against your surgeon.

There is an important message here to be heard.  If you are traveling to Mexico, please be advised there are people who are willing to take advantage of you for their own personal needs.  They understand you are in a very vulnerable state. Don't become a victim, protect yourself.  And don't allow a handful of people to make you feel like you have done something wrong, when you haven't.  No matter what anyone else says, it is unprofessional and unethical.  Just because the doctor isn't directly doing it, his coordinator is, and his coordinator is the primary person who runs his business.  When it occurs again and again, and it is not addressed, there is a problem.  If this has happened to you, do not be afraid to stand up for yourself, don't allow yourself to be bullied.

I am not being obtuse. This, from Ivana, is exactly what I have been getting at, so thanks Ivana! Omar has no power over anyone and can have consensual sex with whoever he wants and it needs to remain private. This thread is threatening the doctors rep, not that of Omar.

From all I have read, Dr. Illan is an excellent surgeon. The ladies are attracted to Omar because he is so good to them, and in a few instances he has acted on that and engaged in a relationship. He then ended the relationships and in one case the lady was upset. Am I missing something here? Adult consentual relationships should have no bearing on choosing a surgeon or company. I am a patient of Dr. Illan, and Omar was my patient coordinator. I'm a 40 year old female and went alone. Never once did I feel unsafe, and I was alone with Omar on several occasions. He did not ever make an unwanted sexual move on me, and was nothing but kind and caring. I am not an Omar groupie like others have alluded here, but I feel the need to defend him because he has became my friend since surgery. I can only speak of my experience, and hope people reading this thread will take my comments along with Susan's and come to their own conclusions. I am only a patient, not some super bariatric online poster or ex-coordinator, but my info here is just as valid.

Not sure what you were trying to post about Omar here. Were you a former patient of Dr. Illan as well?

Not sure what you were trying to post about Omar here. Were you a former patient of Dr. Illan as well?

Nope, not a patient of Dr. Illan's and never have met The Fabulous Omar.

But anyone who's curious to see what he looks like can find him among the admins at Team Illan's FB page.

So because you don't believe her, it's not true? Ok.

No. Lipstick lady... I don't believe her because she has a track record of being a liar and her recent extreme change in opinion and views of the service are all too alarming.

And again.  Because *YOU* don't believe her, it can't possibly be true.  ;)

Susan,

I don't care enough about you to start a thread and complain about you. I don't know you and I don't want to know you. The only reason I'm on this thread is because my surgeon is being accused of wrong doing and not even by the "victim" but by someone who has nothing to do with it. I came here to share my experience with my surgeon and his coordinator and also to say that this thread is not the way to handle any of the issues you are alleging. 

Dragging someone through the mud in this manner is shameful and extremely immature. It reeks of attention seeking at it's worst.

I invite you to please start your own threads and complain about me there all you want.  I am a big girl and can handle it.  But, I am tired of your insistance on detracting from the importance of this thread and turning it into your own personal vendetta against me or anyone who dares to speak against your surgeon.

There is an important message here to be heard.  If you are traveling to Mexico, please be advised there are people who are willing to take advantage of you for their own personal needs.  They understand you are in a very vulnerable state. Don't become a victim, protect yourself.  And don't allow a handful of people to make you feel like you have done something wrong, when you haven't.  No matter what anyone else says, it is unprofessional and unethical.  Just because the doctor isn't directly doing it, his coordinator is, and his coordinator is the primary person who runs his business.  When it occurs again and again, and it is not addressed, there is a problem.  If this has happened to you, do not be afraid to stand up for yourself, don't allow yourself to be bullied.

One of the victims has come forward and IS talking about it in this thread.  She is now being trashed and bashed.  Is that OK?

I have been following this and I can tell there are alot of personal issues between some of you all.

Having had my surgery in Mexico, I will say there are HUGE differences between our medical systems and theirs. Behavior like this would not be allowed in the United States and Omar would be fired and there could be a lawsuit.

I do think it's a good warning to give people and they can do what they want with it.

Y'all are making this into something much bigger than it needs to be.

And again. Because *YOU* don't believe her, it can't possibly be true. ;)

You poor thing. You don't know what a liar is, do you? Once someone lies about something, it is very difficult to believe anything they ever say. You don't even have to look people in the eye when you're online. So it shouldn't be that difficult to take responsibility and be truthful.

She also lied in regards to the same subjects.... baja bariatric, dr. Illan and omar. Maybe if she said the sun was out and it was 100 degrees outside, then I'd possibly believe her.

And again.  Because *YOU* don't believe her, it can't possibly be true.   ;)

You poor thing. You don't know what a liar is, do you? Once someone lies about something, it is very difficult to believe anything they ever say. You don't even have to look people in the eye when you're online. So it shouldn't be that difficult to take responsibility and be truthful.

She also lied in regards to the same subjects.... baja bariatric, dr. Illan and omar. Maybe if she said the sun was out and it was 100 degrees outside, then I'd possibly believe her.

Oh ok!  You are using your personal feelings for her as a weapon against her.  Makes perfect sense.  

TOO LATE SUSAN. I got a screen shot of you posting your reply as billc. SO you made a fake name to have someone appear to support you. WOW. I have it right here. As soon as I figure out how to upload a photo I am uploading it. You are SO BUSTED.

Not busted, Bill is my fiance, we use the same computer. I didn't realize he was signed on, and when I did, I edited his post and reposted under my name. Alex knows who Bill is. So, no worries there.

Bill is Susan's fiance. I've seen very cute pics of them on FB  :D

TOO LATE SUSAN. I got a screen shot of you posting your reply as billc. SO you made a fake name to have someone appear to support you. WOW. I have it right here. As soon as I figure out how to upload a photo I am uploading it. You are SO BUSTED.

Not busted, Bill is my fiance, we use the same computer. I didn't realize he was signed on, and when I did, I edited his post and reposted under my name. Alex knows who Bill is. So, no worries there.

Bill is Susan's fiance. I've seen very cute pics of them on FB :D

Wait. Does that make Bill my fiance, too? Where the heck is my ring????

Oh ok! You are using your personal feelings for her as a weapon against her. Makes perfect sense.

Personal? This whole post is personal. Maybe if she wouldn't have drug my name into it, people (myself included) may have believed her. My personal experience- NOT FEELINGS- is that she is a LIAR and needs mental help. I'm telling you, I don't believe her. You're not going to prove me differently. You're not going to talk me into the ground the way your BVF, Susan, did the surgeon that died in the plane crash. Now, move on! :)

Oh, honey. Telling me what to do really will get you nowhere. I'm not sure what a BVF is (nor do I care) but I'm sure you meant it in the best possible way. Bless your heart. :D

Oh ok! You are using your personal feelings for her as a weapon against her. Makes perfect sense.

Personal? This whole post is personal. Maybe if she wouldn't have drug my name into it, people (myself included) may have believed her. My personal experience- NOT FEELINGS- is that she is a LIAR and needs mental help. I'm telling you, I don't believe her. You're not going to prove me differently. You're not going to talk me into the ground the way your BVF, Susan, did the surgeon that died in the plane crash. Now, move on! :)