Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone well today I have been cleaning house making sure I have everything I need for Monday. I am both nervous and excited. I can believe its about the happen my journey started February of this year. It went fast and I got approve fast too. I wish everyone who is getting sleeve this week coming and the one that already sleeved best wishes in your new chapter of life.

I'm at the end of my third week on my liquid diet and I can honestly say that food doesn't have much power over me anymore. I can see people eating and smell the food and I'm fine. I think to myself, "That smells really good and I bet it tastes wonderful" but I have no urge or overwhelming desire to eat it. At first it was really bad for me and I had serious thoughts of stealing people's food right off their plates! But it gets better and I think me and "Karly" will do just fine after surgery.

lol

Hey Everyone..... I had my sleeve Thursday. WHEW...I am not going to lie, about the first hour after surgery was a bugger. Had a hard time getting on top of my pain. But they did and it was much better after that. I got up and walked about 3 hours after and that help more than anything. Listen to me when I say "Walk, Walk, Walk!" Was release early on Friday, about an hours drive home, got home about 10 am. Trying to drink as much as I can, sip sip sip. They gave me some blue Poweraid in the hospital and it tasted good to me, so DH went out and go me some.

I gain 4 lbs after surgery, not surprised. I was aware that could happen, it is due to all of the fluids they pump into you. This morning I was already down 3 lbs.

Take care everyone, will post more later.

Laura

Anyone suffering major Constipation on the pre-op diet? I've been taking colace and even did an enema... Help!

Anyone suffering major Constipation on the pre-op diet? I've been taking colace and even did an enema... Help!

Miralax helped me a lot. Dissolves completely and no taste. It does take 1-3 days to work tho. Took a capful Monday night and had no results by the morning, so took another 2 capfuls....let's just say don't make plans to be anywhere for about a day and a half! LOL

Miralax helped me a lot. Dissolves completely and no taste. It does take 1-3 days to work tho. Took a capful Monday night and had no results by the morning, so took another 2 capfuls....let's just say don't make plans to be anywhere for about a day and a half! LOL

Same thing for me! Can we take womens laxatives if it gets bad?

UGH YES!!! My mom said it's from a combination of adding Protein that my body isn't used to and not having enough fluids in my system. To help I drank the Equate brand of Magnesium Citrate (black cherry flavor) from Walmart. It took about 6 hours to start working but once it did it cleared me out for about another 6 hours. Before you take anything make sure you check with your surgeon. Hope this helps

I'm Aug 11th!

I just started my pre-op liquid diet today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be mostly because I kept busy. So tmrw I'm determined to stay as busy as I can and just sip on my liquids.

Excited, nervous, scared but mostly ready!

Good luck to all ????

I use Isopure, with milk. Stick with vanilla

The rest are funky

I'm scheduled for August 27 for a sleeve. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I do not do very well waking up. I love reading everyone's after surgery advice. Please keep updating :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches