Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent and non-registered reader on this site for a while, so I decided to officially register today. I am almost at my one-year anniversary for my surgery, and I have to say that one year ago, I never thought I would be this close to my goal weight.

As I was deciding to have lap band surgery, I made some serious life-changing decisions including rethinking my whole way of eating and my attitude about food. I didn't expect to get thin per say. I just wanted to be healthy and be able to move better.

Now, having lost 130 pounds, I not only feel healthier, but I am healthier. I have tried to follow my surgeon's eating instructions to a T, and I recently have begun exercising, which I probably should have started a while ago. It is interesting that a lot of people are noticing the weight loss and asking what I have been doing. I do not usually tell people about the surgery or how much I have lost. I find the "how much weight have you lost" question a little much. I do tell people about my new eating habits, and often they just dismiss that information and tell me what I should do based on what they have read. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and officially join this community.

Wow! Congrats on your outstanding success and from coming out from behind the scenes! Welcome!

Thank you. Congratulations on your success also. It looks like the time frame for our surgeries was close together.

wow!!! thats awesome! congrats!

Thank you :-)

Nice to meet you. I joined this site a few days ago and was amazed at the response I received. I am a 'newbie' I guess. This is the first day of my pre-surgery diet and I made it through. Not bad and not really hungry 'yet'. I hear that the next couple days are the worst-I hope not but I am in it for the long haul and hope that I have the positive results I continue to read about.

congrats on your continued success

Connie

Hi Apryl1957

It is nice to meet you, too. I know everyone is different, but for me the closer I got to the surgery, the more annoying the liquids became :-). I was on a liquid diet for two weeks before the surgery. I love that your attitude is that you are in it for the long haul. That was my view, too. When is your surgery?

You are AMAZING and an inspiration. After 2 years I have lost only 30 pounds and am profoundly depressed. I started drinking sugary liquids to fill myself, out of a fear of getting stuck and throwing up (which happened to me very severely). I am trying to start anew and thank you for being such a role model.

@@kathousefl, thanks for posting and congratulations on your success. I'm three months post op today and I'm so glad I made this choice. Reading stories like yours helps me immensely. Welcome to the forums and keep posting !

You are AMAZING and an inspiration. After 2 years I have lost only 30 pounds and am profoundly depressed. I started drinking sugary liquids to fill myself, out of a fear of getting stuck and throwing up (which happened to me very severely). I am trying to start anew and thank you for being such a role model.

Hi Occassionaldream,

I am sorry you are struggling and depressed. Have you spoken to your doctor about that? I never had that issue, so I am not sure how it works. I do know that if I eat too fast or if I do not chew well enough I have issues. Changing what I eat and how much has been a huge transition for me. If I can do it, I know you can do it, too :-).

@@kathousefl, thanks for posting and congratulations on your success. I'm three months post op today and I'm so glad I made this choice. Reading stories like yours helps me immensely. Welcome to the forums and keep posting !

HI JustWatchMe,

Thank you so much. I am glad I made the decision, too. Good luck with your journey. It is not always easy, but it is definitely worth the effort.

Hi there and welcome -- so glad you're here. I've gotten so much out of being in this forum. Congratulations on your success! Seven months out and loving my banded life.......

Hi everyone, I have been a silent and non-registered reader on this site for a while, so I decided to officially register today. I am almost at my one-year anniversary for my surgery, and I have to say that one year ago, I never thought I would be this close to my goal weight. As I was deciding to have lap band surgery, I made some serious life-changing decisions including rethinking my whole way of eating and my attitude about food. I didn't expect to get thin per say. I just wanted to be healthy and be able to move better. Now, having lost 130 pounds, I not only feel healthier, but I am healthier. I have tried to follow my surgeon's eating instructions to a T, and I recently have begun exercising, which I probably should have started a while ago. It is interesting that a lot of people are noticing the weight loss and asking what I have been doing. I do not usually tell people about the surgery or how much I have lost. I find the "how much weight have you lost" question a little much. I do tell people about my new eating habits, and often they just dismiss that information and tell me what I should do based on what they have read. :rolleyes: Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and officially join this community.

You sound like me. I don't share pounds lost with anyone other than my husband. Most people don't know I had WLS. Welcome to this wonderful site. Enjoy your new you

Arlene

Congratulations! I've lost about the same as you have and my whole life has changed for the better. I am so happy that I had the surgery. Glad to see that you are no longer a lurker but an active member of our community. Successful stories are so important for those who are also doing well, but for those who are also struggling so they can know that it can be done.

Hi there and welcome -- so glad you're here. I've gotten so much out of being in this forum. Congratulations on your success! Seven months out and loving my banded life.......

Thank you so much. I, too, am loving my new banded life even though it is not always easy to stick with the plan :-).