Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Didn't Get The Memo...We Are At Goal! That means STOP!

I never expected that my struggle in maintenance would be in staying at my goal weight and not going too far BELOW it! I was sure my body had bottomed out...obviously it has not because I realized I reached my goal more than a week ago but I've lost another 5 lbs. since then. I've already had an unfill of .5cc, (4.5cc's in a 10cc band) but it seems like my body adjusted to that and I'm still in the green - eating well and losing. I guess I'll let it ride a little while longer, I don't think I'll like the way I look if I lose more than another 5 lbs. I was never meant to be skinny and I never wanted to be skinny but I'm knocking on that door now.

#unexpected

well congrats on handling maintenance better than expected! i dont want to be skinny either, so i can def tell where you are coming from. if i could just get to 170, i'd be happy!

thanks for keeping us posted on your journey!

Congrats ion hitting, exceeding goal!! I'm right here with you. I hit goal 6 weeks ago and since then have lost another 10lbs. I'm trying to not worry about it and let my body do it's thing but I'm wondering how this thing knows when to level out. My doctor told me to add in some more calories but so far I haven't been able to do that or if so not many to make a difference like 50 more or so a day. I really don't want to get an unfill because I feel I'm right where I need to be as far as restrcition. 3.5cc in a 14cc band. Keep on keepin on, we'll figure this out:-)

Edited by enjoythetime

@@enjoythetime So the trick for you my friend is not to add more food to up the calories but to eat things that are a bit higher and denser calories so your intake is the same amount in volume (portion) of food but the calorie content is higher.

@@PrettyThick1 you have done amazing so far, but your body is not going to know that you want the switch to dim now that it's in burning mode. To do that you have to do the same as enjoy and that is to eat foods that have a denser calorie content. They don't have to be "junk" foods either just foods that rather then 100 calories have 200 or more. With WLS the last thing we want to do is change our volume of food and stretch things or reduce Fluid in the band and be out of the green zone but to help your body slow down, chose foods that are higher in calories and relax on the cardio a bit. Work more now on the muscle tone, lift some weights take a couple of days recover between and you will see that you will start to tone, and the weight loss will slow down and/or maintain.

Give it a try... :)

@@lisacaron girl you're the best! Seems like common sense but when I worry about things, the common sense goes out the window:-) Thanks for all of your support!!! You rock, oh and by the way , I saw you and your hubby's pics and you are just too cute for your own good! A little blonde bombshell:-)

I'm sure you've already thought of full fat yogurt instead of the zero -- and it's supposed to be so much better for us, that "good fat." Also I am surprised at how high in calories ground flax seeds are; I love those, the nutty flavor, and also very good for you. Now, can you go have one tiny piece of triple creme cheese for me?

@@lisacaron girl you're the best! Seems like common sense but when I worry about things, the common sense goes out the window:-) Thanks for all of your support!!! You rock, oh and by the way , I saw you and your hubby's pics and you are just too cute for your own good! A little blonde bombshell:-)

Awe you are just too sweet :)

Congratulations to you too!!! I had no idea the end of the journey would be like this...I worried that I wouldn't reach my goal. I guess this isn't a bad problem to have, but I truly don't want to lose anymore weight. More calories is a joke, I barely get 1,000 in now because I simply do not have an appetite. Let's keep each other posted and figure out how we are going to consume more calories. Sigh...

Congrats ion hitting, exceeding goal!! I'm right here with you. I hit goal 6 weeks ago and since then have lost another 10lbs. I'm trying to not worry about it and let my body do it's thing but I'm wondering how this thing knows when to level out. My doctor told me to add in some more calories but so far I haven't been able to do that or if so not many to make a difference like 50 more or so a day. I really don't want to get an unfill because I feel I'm right where I need to be as far as restrcition. 3.5cc in a 14cc band. Keep on keepin on, we'll figure this out:-)

@@lisacaron you are amazing and I appreciate your advice!!!! I will certainly do as you have suggested.

@@enjoythetime So the trick for you my friend is not to add more food to up the calories but to eat things that are a bit higher and denser calories so your intake is the same amount in volume (portion) of food but the calorie content is higher.

@@PrettyThick1 you have done amazing so far, but your body is not going to know that you want the switch to dim now that it's in burning mode. To do that you have to do the same as enjoy and that is to eat foods that have a denser calorie content. They don't have to be "junk" foods either just foods that rather then 100 calories have 200 or more. With WLS the last thing we want to do is change our volume of food and stretch things or reduce Fluid in the band and be out of the green zone but to help your body slow down, chose foods that are higher in calories and relax on the cardio a bit. Work more now on the muscle tone, lift some weights take a couple of days recover between and you will see that you will start to tone, and the weight loss will slow down and/or maintain.

Give it a try... :)

@@PrettyThick1 Thanks!!!! Sounds great! Between the two of us we'll figure this out!!! :)

Congratulations to you too!!! I had no idea the end of the journey would be like this...I worried that I wouldn't reach my goal. I guess this isn't a bad problem to have, but I truly don't want to lose anymore weight. More calories is a joke, I barely get 1,000 in now because I simply do not have an appetite. Let's keep each other posted and figure out how we are going to consume more calories. Sigh...