Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Hi All, <br><br> This is my first time here. I'm scheduled for surgery July 9, and I am currently in 6 day pre-op liquid diet. Struggling with severe headaches, almost passed out at the library today (3rd day). I hope this gets better. Any suggestions that might help?

My headache went away with more Protein. I was alowed plain yogurt, so I went and got youplait greek with twice the amount of protein and ate the whole thing. Once I got 50 grams of protein a day, headache went away

@@finallyfree101 thanks for asking I came home yesterday, I had to stay an extra day cause I was nauseous and my stomach felt like i had a stomach virus, but the nurses and doctors worked hard to find me a medication that would take that feeling away and now I feel much better. I still feel a little queasy at times but they sent me home with the med so I'm ok with that. The pain is so minimum I only take the pain meds sometimes, I'm getting my fluids in with no problem and what's funny @@finallyfree101 I was still hungry after I been drinking so I was asking a friend what to do she told me get some crackers and I did but I got so scared to death to eat them I put them up and told myself I will wait. I'm glad I did listening to the yogurt confession...lol. I walked yesterday not bad at all and then I danced alil to today I plan on going food shopping so I'll be walking around today also. Well ladies that's my journey so far I have not got on a scale since I left the hospital. My plan us to wait for my first follow up appointment to weigh in hope I lost 20 to 30 pounds by then my appointment is 7/16 so I'm going to walk my buttons off till then.

@@finallyfree101 thanks for asking I came home yesterday, I had to stay an extra day cause I was nauseous and my stomach felt like i had a stomach virus, but the nurses and doctors worked hard to find me a medication that would take that feeling away and now I feel much better. I still feel a little queasy at times but they sent me home with the med so I'm ok with that. The pain is so minimum I only take the pain meds sometimes, I'm getting my fluids in with no problem and what's funny @@finallyfree101 I was still hungry after I been drinking so I was asking a friend what to do she told me get some crackers and I did but I got so scared to death to eat them I put them up and told myself I will wait. I'm glad I did listening to the yogurt confession...lol. I walked yesterday not bad at all and then I danced alil to today I plan on going food shopping so I'll be walking around today also. Well ladies that's my journey so far I have not got on a scale since I left the hospital. My plan us to wait for my first follow up appointment to weigh in hope I lost 20 to 30 pounds by then my appointment is 7/16 so I'm going to walk my buttons off till then.

So glad you are home and on the way to recovery. How many days did you stay total in the hospital? Your activity level seems so high. I hope that's the same for me.

@@finediva Are you allowed to have anything other than shakes for your pre op diet?

I'm on the 22nd with you , and start pre-op diet tomorrow. I am having my surgery at a pretty large, well know hospital in PA and the diet they have everyone do is this:

Breakfast- Protein Shake

Snack- Protein Bar

Breakfast- Protein shake

Snack- Protein bar

Dinner- 6oz. Lean meat, 2cups raw OR 1 cup cooked vegetable, 1/2 cup starch & 1tsp. fat.

I was also instructed to not take any Motrin, Aleve, Excedrin, etc. from now until the surgery because the thin your blood. Same with Vitamin supplements. Most contain fish oil & that acts as a blood thinner too.

I'm having my surgery July 9th!

I am having my sleeve surgery on July 9th. Can't wait!!

July 9th for me!! I've already lost 9lbs in the pre op liquid diet

Haven't had surgery yet...it's July 15th. I'm able to have broth and sf ice pops snd sf Jello. Still just getting 5 drinks in

Hello, I have surgery on the 15th as well!

Haven't had surgery yet...it's July 15th. I'm able to have broth and sf ice pops snd sf Jello. Still just getting 5 drinks in

Hello, I have surgery on the 15th as well!

@@finediva I was there 2 nights and moving makes a big difference

Thanks for sharing.. It's so helpful knowing what to expect.. I need to re-read what to do and eat and drink the first week.. I'm so nervous and keep asking myself if this is the right choice..

So glad you are home and on the way to recovery. How many days did you stay total in the hospital? Your activity level seems so high. I hope that's the same for me.

@@finediva I was there 2 nights and moving makes a big difference

Ok. Thanks for the response. Feel better everyday. The 18th for me. Struggling with the liquid diet.< /p>

Hi CandyPants81. Basically just the shakes. My surgeon said I should munch on celery and carrots if I get hungry. Really.???! I am cranky and have a massive headache...I gave up coffee so it must be the withdrawal from it. So, I will confess I ate two boiled eggs. I will get back on track for day three. How are you doing?

Started yesterday and was fine until about 9pm. Then I was suddenly STARVING. Ended up eating a tablespoon of Peanut Butter.

Started my preop diet today. I'm hungry and I just want to chew something! Gonna be hard but gotta do it!!! First step to a new life.

@@GingerSlim That sounds great, actually. I can only have the broth, shakes, sf pudding (and sf Jello, but I don't like jello enough to buy any), and Water, water, water. I did break down and have a tablespoon of Peanut Butter yesterday. I started my pre op diet early to try and get through a couple days at home before work Monday.

C.