Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Looking for other July Sleevers! Let's help each other through this journey. I see my surgeon July 1st and if everything goes well my nurse said surgery date of July 14th. I am self pay. I checked into having the sleeve done in Mexico but decided to have it done here in Montana. I have checked into a couple of other places but really love the facility that I will be having it done at. It's been quite an adventure to say the least. I would love to share this time with fellow sleevers.

July 22 here. I think there are a couple of july threads somewhere but I couldnt tell you where. I would love to keep up with everyone!

My surgery is scheduled for July 1st. Can't wait! Just dreading the 2 week pre-op liquid diet and worried about being able to do it.

My surgery is scheduled for July 1st. Can't wait! Just dreading the 2 week pre-op liquid diet and worried about being able to do it.

I am pretty nervous about the 10 day liquid also. On my last visit, I was told that I can have grits, pudding, SF Jello...stuff like that. I have been trying to get my body used to it by drinking my Protein shakes during the day and having just 1 meal in the evening. One day I was really struggling because I was so hungry. I made a package of the chicken Soup sample. I was pleasantly surprised. My hubby even came inside and said it smelled good. I didn't share????. I'm concerned about h-anger. I tend to get grumpy when I'm hungry.

By the way....my name is Robin. I am 53 years old. I live in Montana. I have 4 sons and an amazing husband. 1 son still lives at home. I have decided to keep my surgery a secret from most everybody. 3 sons, hubby and just a couple of my closest friends know about it. I plan on telling my other son but he lives in another state and I want to tell him in person. All of my family so far have been very supportive. Other then one has said I'm not big enough to have the surgery. Lol. I have degenerative disk disease, so the weight is just making it that much harder. I am so very excited to have the sleeve. I know a few girls personally that have had it done and all are so happy they have done it.

July 15th for me. Medicare and Kaiser. I am 65.

I already did the liquid diet thing two years ago so not worried about that. My insurance cancelled 5 days before my surgery, date back then. Altogether I had lost 39 lbs. It really started coming off when I started exercising along with the liquid diet.< /p>

Now I'm doing the juicing thing. Not bad at all.

Nice to meet you all!

Im 36, self paying. Have a ten day liquid diet next month.... bought some Torani sugar free syrups to make it go easier. Hope it helps. Bmi is 49. I have gained ten pounds a year pretty much every year as an adult. Time for some drastic changes that I havent been able to do on my own. Looking forward to the follow up after surgery, classes and support group. Self paying means no pre surgery hurdles and counseling which is both good and bad.

My goal surgery date is July 3rd unless the Dr. feels I need more time to recuperate, then it will be July 11th, It's frustrating not knowing for sure how long I will be down. I've been on liquids for 5 days and found the headaches kept me from eating at all. I did some research and probably need more input from the nutritionist but I was really low on my Proteins and H20. Starting to feel better and it's worth it to get to my goal! Independence day 2014! I love to cook and am really researching how to make this process more creative, any ideas?

Edited by finallyfree101

My surgery is scheduled for July 1. Anyone have any ideas on how to do the presurgery diet? I know from the past I get so hungry. Help, I want to do this right!

Hi everyone, first off I have a money question for Fearnot. Can you pm me how much its going to cost you in Montana. I have mine scheduled in Mexico and it freaks me out a lil. Montana is really not far for me as I am from Canada and close to Montana.

I am hoping for July. Just waiting for insurance approval. Surgeon says there is room for me in July, I just hope to get my approval early enough to be mid month, not the end.

I just got a July 14th date. On waitlist for June 30th though. Pretest on 18th.

Insurance took 3 days to approve.

Hi all

I'm on for july 22. Here's hoping the time goes by quickly

Edited by jenngottaloseit

I'm scheduled for July 29. I'm excited! I'm in California...would love to stay in touch with everyone...wonder if there's a way to create some sort of subgroup? I'll look into it a bit.

All the best,

Clara

Hello all, I will be sleeved on July 8. I begin my pre-op liquid diet on June 28 and I have completed all of my pre-surgery requirements. I have my pre surgery appointment with my surgeon on Monday. I am so excited and ready to get on with my life. I had been thinking about surgery for some time but it was reaching an all time high of 342 and being in so much physical pain that brought me to my final decision. I will turn 47 before my surgery. I have been married for 26 years and we have 3 grown kids and 1 grandchild. Our 21 year old son still lives at home. I have told my immediate family and everyone has been very supportive.