Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Well it's surgery day. Headed to the hospital in a few minutes. I'm Very excited but also anxious. This is a life change but I'm ready to stop fighting so hard to lose weight. I will keep you guys posted on the postop. Hope all you other do very well next few days! Stay strong. You can do it!!

today's my day too! I don't go to the hospital for a couple hours.. Good luck!
Good luck ladies you will all be fine!

Hey everyone!! All of you that are having surgery this week, your in my prayers. I am on my third day of pre op diet. So far I am doing great, keeping myself extremely busy so I'm not really even thinking about it. In fact, yesterday I only had two shakes and two servings of green veggies with nothing on them. I'm counting my blessings that I have not had any headaches so far. I have been keeping myself well hydrated and I think that's been the key. I've lost 7 lbs so far.

My surgery is on the 23rd. My one problem is my Dr wants us to strengthen our lungs two weeks pre op as well and I'm not having any luck finding a spirometer. I guess I'm going to call one of my nurse friends and see if she can get me one from the hospital...

I hope everyone has a successful pre op diet day!!!

Hi, I'm having my Surgery July 23rd, Miami, FL. Anyone else close to that date? And I'm a Lil nervous

Hi Nina! My surgery is on the 23rd also! But I am going to TJ Mexico to have mine done. Have you started your pre op diet yet?

My surgery is July 22nd. Having it done in Albany, NY. Anxious and nervous. As with anything just not sure what to expect post op. How to you plan meals around activities, and just pull everything together? Has anyone found any really useful tools in helping with a food diary or anything other means to track all that we need to track post op?

Hi Clara! I have a July 29th date as well! I'd love to stay in touch. What part of CA are you in?

Hi I am also July 29! I am in New Jersey! I am nervous and excited as well. Just trying to keep myself busy!

I'm in North Carolina and scheduled for July 29th at 7:15am

I am also having surgery July 9th.. Are you a mix of emotions like me?.. I hear stories about people who gain all the weight back and keep thinking if that's going to happen to me.. I have to think more positive.. We can't set ourselves up to fail.. Good Luck!!! Stay Positive..

I flip flop every other minute! I don't know what to expect. And being hungry is making me more cranky. I am tired of being fat, I know that for sure. We just need to stick to the program and commit 100%. I am in this for my kids. Gaining the weight back is too dangerous and not an option. If you need a buddy in available!!! 2 more days. ????

Hello there, i am a newbie around here. I have my surgery on the 18 july.... pretty scarred about it

My sleeve is scheduled for July 16th. Kind of nervous, but living with it. Will post more before photos and stuff once I get done at the hospital and back home. It will be nice not having to deal with work stress and crap for 4-6 weeks. Luckily I have enough leave time built up that I can take advantage of. Need some focus on me time. Plus, working up to solid foods will be hard enough without being at work too.

Also, what Protein Powder is suggested. Unjury is advertised on here, but does anyone have a preference? Soy or Wheat. Flavor. Etc..

Edited by anncpants

I only have to do the three day as well. Mine is just fluids really after I wake up on Monday, with surgery on Wednesday.

I am amazed at some of the VERY SHORT lengths of time between first visit and surgery. I have had to jump through quite a number of hoops before I could even be approved. I started my journey on August 23, 2013 with a mandatory seminar that gets the ball rolling. Then I had to do 6 support groups, which are only offered once a month. 4 nutritionist appts, 2 psych, etc. Each visit is a $40 co-pay. Gas for the 60 mile round trip to/from the clinic/hospital. Maybe I am being a whiner, but geeze....

I'm self pay. Insurance doesn't cover it. I could have had the surgery the following week but I had a trip planned. Scheduled for my return.

Hello! I am a new member. My surgery (gastric sleeve) is scheduled for July 28, 2014 with Dr. Carlin. I am so nervous. I started the program January 2014. I have been trying to lose the required 10 lbs. before my surgery. I have been using www.sparkpeople.com it has been very useful on tracking what I am eating. I also have been using my fitbit to step up my excercising. My hardest thing is that I am always hungry! Any suggestions?