Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

I'm July 22nd as well!! In 2 weeks my life will be changed forever. To anyone that has already has this surgery.....info or advice on what to pack!?? I'm supposed to stay one night after surgery and want to be as comfy as possible. Do we Bring our own pjs? What about the drive home...stretchy shorts I'm assuming!!? Sooooooooo ready!!

Once you get through the first 3-4 days of the liquid diet, it gets so much easier and the headaches go away.

Well it's 5 o'clock in the morning and I'm on my way to my appointment. I am the first and only patient for today. Kinda happy about that. Good luck to everyone today! See you on the sleeved side!

Well it's 5 o'clock in the morning and I'm on my way to my appointment. I am the first and only patient for today. Kinda happy about that. Good luck to everyone today! See you on the sleeved side!

you will do fine. Say a prayer to God before surgery. Remember He will never leave you not forsake you.

It's 7 am.. I'm up and ready to get this thing underway.. My surgery is set for 11:00.. I'm anxious..

Trying to primp this morning as much as I can not being able to wear makeup.. LOL.. Seems like that's the last thing I should be thinking about.. But a girl still wants to look as cute as she can!.

I feel like there is a happy ending to a long struggle.. My Son told me it will all be worth it in the end Mom.. I wish good luck to all you sleevers today and tomorrow and the future..

"A NEW HAPPIER HEALTHY YOU"

I'm having my surgery July 9th!

I am having my sleeve surgery on July 9th. Can't wait!!

Good luck today NavyMom6 and thenerdie, you will get through today and feel like a new woman tomorrow.

My surgery just got moved to July 23rd from August 4th do to a cancellation. So it looks like I will be a July sleever as well.

You can add me on Facebook as a friend and I will add you to the secret group if you like

Facebook.com/mrs.PamelaClark

Would you mind adding me too if I send you a friend request? My name is Melissa :)

Dr. office just called and confirmed my surgery will still be 7/24 as scheduled, what a relief! I'm the only patient that day so it should be an early surgery :)

How are you doing with your recovery? How long did you stay in the hospital? Congrats on being on the losing bench. I'm on july 18th. Had pre testing today.

my surgery was on Monday. I stayed over night in the hospital and got home at about 8 last night. After the surgery and pretty Much all yesterday I was pain free. The nurses said at 24 hours post op is when you feel the most pain and they were definitely right. And as much as you're not going to want to you have to walk walk walk! It's the only thing that has helped me today. Good luck to everyone who is having surgery this month! It's all worth it!!

I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow (7/9) at 9:30. My mom is going with me and we have to hit the road at 4:30 am bc I have to be there by 7:30 and the hospital is about three hours away. Since I'm staying locally in a hotel for a few days after I get discharged, I decided to cut back on expenses and just drive down the morning of surgery.

Fortunately UHC will reimburse travel and lodging so I'm looking forward to getting some of this money back. I can't believe that my surgery is right around the corner! I thought that day would never come. My biggest concern is my anemia and bleeding during the surgery.

Anyone else scheduled for tomorrow?

I have my final pre op appointment tomorrow. Today I had to resist Breakfast tacos, handfuls of candy on my desk, subway, Cookies and homemade ice cream and a burger a wine... ALL at work!!!! Home isn't as bad but it is sure difficult to stay on the preop diet. I'm not hungry but those treats look so good! I wish I could just fast forward six months when I've conquered these demons!

Officially found out today that I am going to be a July sleever! The 24th to be exact!!! So damned exciting!

Well I'm home. It has been ok. I was in a pretty good amount of pain the first 24 hours but morphine always helps. I'm getting down my Water have had 1/2 a Popsicle twice today. I feel that is progress. I'm now off all pain meds just some liquid baby Motrin. It helps with soreness. All in all I believe it was successful. I will post more updates for you guys.

Denise Sizemore

My Scheduled Surgery Date is July 16th, Im happy, scared, excited and would do anything to have it be over already! I still have a few doctors and tests to go through, but everything is going well so far. I have insurance that will cover it as long as its medically necessary, which beleive me, it is!

Hi. My surgery is scheduled for July 16th also! I actually start my liquid diet tomorrow. I have been so excited until now. I'm getting nervous because this is finally hitting me! Everything has went great so far! Good luck to you! :)