Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

I have seen that show. It is a good story.

I am scheduled for my sleeve on July 25!! I'm very excited and nervous! Worried about the liquid diet

Well here are my tips for the liquid diet or conclusions-days 1-3 were hard with headaches even though I drank lots of Water, 4-6 easy, 7-8 okay, 9 real hard. If you are doing Bariatric Fusion shakes, I found the vanilla too sweet unless I mixed it with cold black coffee or unsweetened ice tea and orange creme was the best, and Cappuccino okay. There are awesome shaker bottles I got at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. There are clear ones with a metal spiral orb in the bottom, but the best ones are the more colored version, they have a cup thing on the bottom, and one inside, that screws to the bottom, the cup fits a perfect serving of the bariatric fusion, and can hold Vitamins in the inner lid. I left a case of Water in my car to always have it and if the water is too hot, I found a unsweetened ice tea from McDonald's worked well to mix it with in a pinch. Mixing it with hot stuff did not work as well. I was allowed a cup of non-starchy vegetables a day, a bag of baby carrots, and a salt shaker helped to have on hand for bad salt cravings. The sweetness the first few days really got to me and I craved the salt. The cravings get better as time goes by and things kind of lose their taste if you cheat anyways. Not to be graphic, but it cleared my system good the first few days and then occasionally after that I would end up with near "shart" emergencies. If you are allowed your own liquids, the Mio water enhancers and Special K Protein water packets were nice to have as the nutritionist said we should start to give up pop/soda because carbonation makes your sleeve grow if you drink it after surgery. I honestly started to find a ice water with a straw a treat in a drive thru when I had to pick someone else up something, it was just different than a bottle of water. Hope this helps!

I had my one week Dr Appt. and I have lost 8 lbs. so far. I am now on the pureed diet for 2 weeks and seem to have gotten over the gas. It is great to not ever be hungry. My only problem is making sure to get 2 of the Protein Shakes down every day. I used the Protein Powder in all the Soups I have made so I get that additional Protein. I am going to start Biotin this work as I know that the quick weight loss causes your hair to fall out, so I want to get plenty of protein and add the biotin to help as much as possible. Be sure to measure yourself as you lose a lot of inches sometimes and not much weight.

Hi guys I'm new here but if all goes well I will have surgery on July 28th. Start shakes tomorrow

I'm on day 7 of the 2 week pre-op, and it hasn't been too bad. Premier Protein chocolate shakes over a cup full of ice seem to be brand & flavor of choice, but today I was tired of the "sweet" so I attempted the sample packet of Unjury chicken Soup. It was surprisingly really good! No aftertaste. No real "protein" taste to it. And best of all, didn't smell like Protein.< /p>

I think I will order some for my post op liquid diet phase. It will certainly help energy levels right after surgery to get some protein in. Just wanted to share. I'm as picky as they come & not very adventurous with flavors...so this was a great find for me.

Best wishes fellow July-ers!!

July 26th in Mexico for the second time. Self pay 8k great DR. They pay for hotel before and after and shuttle you the whole way. Dr. Guierrmo Alvarez. I was sleeved jan 7, 2006 and got pg 3 months later, cspine surgery 2011 and stopped exercise.. I'm doing it again because my stomach has stretched back out. I know how hard it was the first time. I cried was depressed for awhile it was really hard for a long time but step by step I felt myself again. I hope all your surgeries go well just tell yourself one day at a time and please Protein and exercise always with Biotin and Vitamins. My hair fell out and I lost all my muscle so it made it even harder to get it back because of how little we eat for a long time. Please learn from my mistakes and do weights and cardio mostly just building muscle and keep up with all your supplements for 6 months to a year. Never stop putting good food in your mouth and exercise, this is a second chance so don't forget and if you see yourself gain more than 5 pounds from your lowest weight go back to protein and exercise until u get it off. 5 lbs is a marker, good luck all. I am more nervous this time, I know what to expect day 1-7 sux just be mentally ready. Hopefully we can all talk and support each other.

My surgery is on Tuesday, and now I am a little anxious. On the plus side I wasn't hungry today, I had a very angry stomach. The shorts I wore today kept trying to fall off, that was awesome!

Hkmom

Okay tomorrow is my 40th birthday and my surgery, getting a bit nervous but need a change!

My surgery is also tomorrow morning! I have to be at hospital at 6am, so ready to have this over.....I know exactly how your feeling .

My surgery is on Tuesday, and now I am a little anxious. On the plus side I wasn't hungry today, I had a very angry stomach. The shorts I wore today kept trying to fall off, that was awesome! Hkmom

HK Mom I wasn't very hungry today either. I did have Jello but the clear shakes? Yucck

Good luck ladies! I am 4 days post op and I can say the pain is not as bad as I thought it would be...I didn't regret it for one second.

Hello ladies, I am 4 days out as well, however my pain is still present with a vengeance. It might gave something to do with the fact I had a Lapband reversion plus a bit of scar tissue. But nevertheless, I feel great. Everyday it gets better. I don't regret it at all...down 21lbs!

Hiya everyone! I am also 4-5 days out and I have to agree that the pain isn't as bad as I expected it to be. Just a bit a soreness and tightness when I try to use those stomach muscles.

I have learned a few things though -

Don't try to take a sip of something and then lay down....

No sleeping on my side for a bit....

Only take very small sips (even if you are feeling soooo thirsty)....

I can't wear a bra right now (I have an incision right between my boobs)....

I think the nurses like to play scavenger hunt with the tape left over (I'm still finding places)...

Catheters SUCK!!

I am drinking my day away with sips of Crystal Light, Decaf coffee w/drop of Almond Milk, Protein Shakes, broth, yogurt (SF) and SF hard candy.< /p>

I am craving eggs, chicken and every other freaking food commercial on TV....Is this our punishment? :rolleyes:

I'm now 4 days away from leaving and having surgery on Friday. I keep telling myself that this time next week we will be on our way home. My nerves are starting to get the best of me. I know i can do this, I've made it through the liquid diet if I can do that my will power has to be stronger than I thought. My biggest fear is the pain on the way home since it will be day 3 post op. I just hope the plane ride home is easier than I'm thinking it will be. Ok thanks for letting me get my thoughts out. I'll keep July sleevers posted on my progress when I get home.

Tricia

7-18-14 surgery date

Dr Garcia Tijuana, Mexico