Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Well I was sleeved on the 14th and am Just starting to feel normal. I am really struggling with the Protein Shakes post OP. As well, I find that Water going down is much more painful than the thicker yogurt. Not sure why. Failing right now at getting in the needed Protein, water, and Vitamins, but trying to increase it a bit each day.

Edited by MB40buf

Hey July sleevers! I'm just over 1 week preop surgery is July 28th! !! My dr didn't put me on a liquid pre surgery diet but I want to anyway to shrink my liver for better outcome. What do I drink?

Isopure protien shakes. You can find them at the Vitamin shop. 50g protien and no carbs.

Awesome thanks! !

Feeling like I turned a corner today. I was sleeved on the 14th and I finally felt like putting on makeup and walking around the dollar store today. Hoping to go to work on Monday.

Good luck ladies! I am 4 days post op and I can say the pain is not as bad as I thought it would be...I didn't regret it for one second.

Hi I am now A full 5 days out, I still have a headache. But feel stronger each day. I am experiencing IBS as Drs took me off my meds for that. Now am back on that but still having symptoms. I found that spot where you know you can't really have more. It a note to self. Warm clear Soups press that spot earlier. I have also learned that Water still goes down easier if it's in crushed ice.. Slow and melting. Drinking water at 4 AM and laying back down? Not the best idea.

Because of the constant IBS I have lost 16 pounds in 5 days... Does that seem right to you?

Edited by kathysleeve

Well I was sleeved on the 14th and am Just starting to feel normal. I am really struggling with the Protein Shakes post OP. As well, I find that Water going down is much more painful than the thicker yogurt. Not sure why. Failing right now at getting in the needed Protein, water, and Vitamins, but trying to increase it a bit each day.

My understanding is to try and get 3oz water I n each hour . When you do sips of protein shakes or Jello do as much as is comfortable in a half hour period. With a goal of 40-60 grams in a day.

Has anyone see the show my 600lb life on TLC? It is gastric bypass and was filmed 7 or so years ago but it was good to see people succeeding and struggling.

I did see several episodes this weekend. Yes real people making lifestyle decisions. I can't think about it yet. I can only think no don't drink too much too fast.

Had mine on Tuesday and I have the same diet. Dr said to keep it natural when I asked about shakes. Thursday I have my first post- op and I hope I will be able to go on soft mash diet.. My Dr said he wants me on Clear Liquids until 10 kg gone..so far so good droped 6kg (about 13 pounds) I still can' t believe it.. Good luck!

Ok so my weight loos is normal as my loss is 16 in 5 days....... That's a lot of weight for both of us good going!

Hello ladies, I am 4 days out as well, however my pain is still present with a vengeance. It might gave something to do with the fact I had a Lapband reversion plus a bit of scar tissue. But nevertheless, I feel great. Everyday it gets better. I don't regret it at all...down 21lbs!

4 days out and have lost 21 pounds? That is incredible Bravo!

Hello ladies, I am 4 days out as well, however my pain is still present with a vengeance. It might gave something to do with the fact I had a Lapband reversion plus a bit of scar tissue. But nevertheless, I feel great. Everyday it gets better. I don't regret it at all...down 21lbs![/quote

wOW 21 pounds in four days awesome.!!!!!

Had my surgery 12 hours ago. Pain is much worse than I prepared for but I know it's temporary. The gas coming out feels more like a hard hiccup than a belch and boy do I feel it.

It gets better. walk walk walk!

July 26 here - in Mexico. I've had great results with ps there when thin, so I am comfortable with my choice. My BMI is on lower end (for surgery - not in general) and I am very hopeful!

Well my surgery is July 25th! I've been on the liquid diet since Monday and have lost 9.5lbs so far! One more week to go! I'm starting to freak out a little and wondering I this is what I should be doing! The liquid diet is challenging that's for sure and I wonder if I can live off liquids and SOft foods for the next 6 weeks! Anyone else feeling like this?

@@onthefencejenny

Honestly I am living it now! Pre op wasn't all that bad for me BC I was able to eat one meal a day along with the shakes. However, the post op is simply different. I mean, i am 9/10 days out and I haven't been hungry at all, so the liquid/soft afterwards isn't that bad. I know my soft foods don't actually start for a few meow days but I just couldn't drink one more Protein Drinks without gagging. I've had enough! Lol...I eaten a few soft items and it's actually ok. You can do it! The soft food is 100% better than the liquids. I never want to see another Protein Shake in my life!