Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Cards fan,

I was sleeved yesterday too, surgery time was 7:30 and I was discharged at 10am today. My stomach is more gassy and sore today. I'm on Clear Liquids until Sunday, then I start full liquids. Trying to get some Protein in since I got home, it's a really slow go. I'm glad to be home, hardly slept at all in the hospital.

Hope you get released soon. I had my husband bring a pillow when he picked me up today, it was a real lifesaver for the ride home.

Good luck to you :)

Cards fan, I was sleeved yesterday too, surgery time was 7:30 and I was discharged at 10am today. My stomach is more gassy and sore today. I'm on Clear Liquids until Sunday, then I start full liquids. Trying to get some Protein in since I got home, it's a really slow go. I'm glad to be home, hardly slept at all in the hospital. Hope you get released soon. I had my husband bring a pillow when he picked me up today, it was a real lifesaver for the ride home. Good luck to you :)

I bought a body pillow for at home & it was a lifesaver last night (first night home)! I highly recommend if you are a side sleeper.

Cards fan,

I was sleeved yesterday too, surgery time was 7:30 and I was discharged at 10am today. My stomach is more gassy and sore today. I'm on clear liquids until Sunday, then I start full liquids. Trying to get some Protein in since I got home, it's a really slow go. I'm glad to be home, hardly slept at all in the hospital.

Hope you get released soon. I had my husband bring a pillow when he picked me up today, it was a real lifesaver for the ride home.

Cards fan,

I was sleeved yesterday too, surgery time was 7:30 and I was discharged at 10am today. My stomach is more gassy and sore today. I'm on clear liquids until Sunday, then I start full liquids. Trying to get some Protein in since I got home, it's a really slow go. I'm glad to be home, hardly slept at all in the hospital.

Thanks! I just got released! Hoping to get rid of some of the gas now. Good luck to you!

Cards fan,

My mother in law suggested a girdle, so I cut out the crotch and it's a life saver, holding the tummy in and out of bed! Highly recommend it! I was sleeved on Monday.

I was sleeved yesterday as well in St. Louis. Operation time 8 am. Didn't release me until 4:30 today. Running a low grade fever and very sore.

Surgery was on Wednesday. Just arrived back home in Austin. Doing well. So glad to be home!

I had my sleeve done last Thursday (7/24) hopefully going home today. Mostly had Water and some broth since then and NOT HUNGRY!! I like that don't feel like I'm missing anything. Been sipping some Decaf tea this morning. At least once I get home, I'll have some other choices Hospital has broth, freeze pops and Jello. None taste good to me, so looking forward to some Unjury chicken broth or some Protein Powder in my own jello As my support group has been saying... Welcome to the losers side of the aisle! Good bye to all this extra weight

HW 329.8 SW 284.6 Start of my new life!

Had my surgery Wednesday the 23rd. Had to stay an extra day because of high blood pressure and could not urinate.I quit using the morphine because it made me nauseous. Pain level was very low except for the gas. Feel great today but still want to sleep. I think my biggest problem is going to be making myself eat and drink enough Water. Not hungry at all, just feel empty.

My doctor told me a few days ago that I had lost enough weight so I could eat regular food again until the night before my surgery. He said that a persons stomach shrinks up so much on the liquid diet that he did not have much to work with. He told me he was experimenting with me to see if I could stretch my stomach out to near normal so that it would actually be an easier surgery procedure. After the surgery he came to see me and told me I had a perfect sleeve.

Edited by mick

Went for my weigh in on Friday July 25 lost only 6 pounds. Following the pre-op liquid diet as instructed. So disappointed :(

Home after surgery 7/28. Felt pretty great in the hospital(aside from lack of sleep), but now I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Very sore at incision sites and all over. Also, have to say thanks to McButterpants-very good advice to "never trust a fart". Enough said.

I'll be sleeved on the 29th! I'm so ready! I've been losing weight like crazy on this liquid diet, so it gives me a lot of hope that this surgery will do wonders to help me control my intake! Down 16lbs since starting liquids, 5 more days until I'm sleeved! Hoping to hit 20 lost before surgery!

How did everything go? I was sleeved yesterday as well. Right now I feel like I did 1,000 sit ups lol

Tomorrow is surgery day!!!

Tomorrow is surgery day!!!

Good Luck! It gets better after the first few tough days! Ask for the gas meds. , walk like crazy, and a heating pack helped the gas pains in my shoulder!