Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Hello July .. I am actually August 4 th, but hoping to get some feedback.. I have been on my pre-op for 11 days..surgery Monday. On sunday i am doing all clear liquids..but obviously Protein Drinks are not "clear"... Did any of you do Isopure Protein, and do you think that would be ok for day before surgery?

i did question my NUT about Isopure. She said no. They didn't want any residue left behind for the surgery. Good Luck tommorrow!

I was sleeved 7/14, which means that including preop I have been eating liquids and small portions of soft, low carb foods for over a month. I have to say, I'm missing eating. Obviously I was addicted to it, which led to my situation. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to how much I want to eat versus how much I should eat. Seeing just a few tablespoons fills me up physically but not mentally. Anyone feeling a little like this?

I tried some real thin Cream of Wheat but it doesn't taste good without butter. Does anyone know what is a good substitute for butter that our new sleeve will tolerate?

i did question my NUT about Isopure. She said no. They didn't want any residue left behind for the surgery. Good Luck tommorrow!

I have only spoken with the surgeon about what I should eat. My doc told me I could eat a regular meal before my surgery, just nothing 12 hrs before the surgery. The liquid diet is to help you lose weight, not empty your stomach. It empties out pretty quick. That is why you don't eat or drink anything 12 hrs before your surgery.

I have read a lot of conflicting stories and finally figured (duh) that everyone should follow directions for their own peace of mind and safety. My doc said i could eat so I had barbecue at Dickies. After the surgery he came by and told me I had a perfect sleeve. :)

Now i have to carefully take care of it and not let what I "want" mess up my chance to live a better quality of life that i have prayed for for years.

:D

I was sleeved 7/14, which means that including preop I have been eating liquids and small portions of soft, low carb foods for over a month. I have to say, I'm missing eating. Obviously I was addicted to it, which led to my situation. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to how much I want to eat versus how much I should eat. Seeing just a few tablespoons fills me up physically but not mentally. Anyone feeling a little like this?

I am really missing actual food. Being on liquids still (2 weeks post op), I have a great desire to chew. I never thought I would be so excited for the puréed stage. I can't wait for eggs, retried Beans, and the ricotta bake from the Eggface blog.

The delicious smell of my kids microwave popcorn in the house is going to put me over the edge!!!

I am 2 weeks post op & feel like I have stalled already. Granted, I know I should be on the scale everyday, but let's face it...most of us are. I have gotten in most of my liquid and about 50-53 g of Protein each day & anywhere for 400-600 calories on full liquids...but the scale hasn't budged in 4 days. It's really frustrating.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I will say...I have lost 27 lbs. (12 were from 2 week pre op diet), so I shouldn't complain too much. Just needed to vent.

I tried some real thin Cream of Wheat but it doesn't taste good without butter. Does anyone know what is a good substitute for butter that our new sleeve will tolerate?

What about a butter spray? Like Olivio or I Can't Believe it's not butter spray? It might do the trick.

I am a little over a week out now. Sleeve date was July 22nd. The first few days are the worst and it seems everyone has different issues. I felt like I was hit by a truck muscle pains everywhere but no nausea at all. Everyday I've gotten a little better and am up and around. I was just wondering what kind of Protein Shakes are you guys drinking. I have Unjury unflavored which I can taste in milk. Any yummy suggestion while still in the all liquid stage? Becca

Premier Protein chocolate shake. You can get at Walmart or sams club....and a few other places. Taste more like chocolate milk & not too "proteiny". The key for me is to pour it over a ton of ice & never smell it!

I am really missing actual food. Being on liquids still (2 weeks post op), I have a great desire to chew. I never thought I would be so excited for the puréed stage. I can't wait for eggs, retried Beans, and the ricotta bake from the Eggface blog.

The delicious smell of my kids microwave popcorn in the house is going to put me over the edge!!!

I freeze my Protein drinks so I can eat them like a slush so I have something to chew. :D

What about a butter spray? Like Olivio or I Can't Believe it's not butter spray? It might do the trick.

I don't know. I am hoping somebody can tell me. Otherwise I will see my doctor Tuesday afternoon and you can bet I will have a list of questions for him.

The good thing is that this is just the first stage of my post surgery. I keep telling myself that but I don't have a lot of patience. :)

Sleeve was done Thursday, just checking back in! I'm down a total of 21 pounds in the last 7 days (from liquid diet start time to now). I don't expect that rate to continue, but it is nice to see a jump start for encouragement. The pain I had post-op was very significant and I'm still taking the liquid painkiller medicine a few times a day, but it is much less than it was before. I've still not found a way to hit the Protein target. I got some Gatorade G-series Protein Drinks that are 16 oz and 15g of protein, and they don't taste great but don't make me gag. I'm going to check out some other options again at the store tomorrow and see if I can find anything better. My wife made some Tomato basil Soup tonight that I had about 1/4 cup of and it was amazing! I couldn't decide if it was satisfying my pizza or spaghetti craving, but either way it really hit the spot. I'm looking forward to being able to eat something tangible like eggs, but I feel like the nausea finally leaving me is starting a "light at the end of the tunnel" towards the next phase.

Rebecca I was wondering the same thing. I have muscle milk light but it's to sweet for me. I'm trying to look for something not to sweet.

I like Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino flavor. It's a nice break from the over sweet flavors, also Unjury sells chicken broth flavor, Isopure has unflavored you can add to yogurt or Soups.< /p>

I am 2 weeks post op & feel like I have stalled already. Granted, I know I should be on the scale everyday, but let's face it...most of us are. I have gotten in most of my liquid and about 50-53 g of Protein each day & anywhere for 400-600 calories on full liquids...but the scale hasn't budged in 4 days. It's really frustrating. Anyone else in the same boat? I will say...I have lost 27 lbs. (12 were from 2 week pre op diet), so I shouldn't complain too much. Just needed to vent.

Yeah, I have had nothing change since the 29th. I am being super careful about tracking everything. I hope it picks up again because it is discouraging!

Trying not to be discouraged but today was a bad day. I ate eggs for the first time and that did not go well at all. As well, I have been stalled for almost a week now!

Unjury unflavored don't like it with Milk or crystal light. Anyone have some good recipes to share. Don't like the foam.