Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

I love that all of you are doing so well, we have one heck of a hot "topic" here...lol.... :P

I am on day 2 of liquid diet, and yesterday was horrid, I was so hungry, :unsure: but I kept busy. :mellow:

The bad part is, my kids noticed the freezer popsicles were melted, so I checked, and my whole fridge was warm....ughhhhhh.... :angry: .

I will tell you that it is not fun to rummage through food you CANT have, :blink: and try to figure out what is bad and what isn't....it was like a herroin attic bagging up the goods, but can't have it.......IT SUCKED!!!!!

But I did it B)

Today has been so much easier, and I have had to mess with the kitchen stuff to get it all cleaned up today too....12 more days to go on this...(not counting today ;) )

Just thought I would share my first day on liquids...

BIG (((HUGS))) to everyone...hope all is well!!!!!

The first few days on liquids are the hardest. ..I totally understand. The fridge thing is a major bummer also! Stick with it, it is worth it.

I love that all of you are doing so well, we have one heck of a hot "topic" here...lol.... :P

I am on day 2 of liquid diet, and yesterday was horrid, I was so hungry, :unsure: but I kept busy. :mellow:

The bad part is, my kids noticed the freezer popsicles were melted, so I checked, and my whole fridge was warm....ughhhhhh.... :angry: .

I will tell you that it is not fun to rummage through food you CANT have, :blink: and try to figure out what is bad and what isn't....it was like a herroin attic bagging up the goods, but can't have it.......IT SUCKED!!!!!

But I did it B)

Today has been so much easier, and I have had to mess with the kitchen stuff to get it all cleaned up today too....12 more days to go on this...(not counting today ;) )

It is so hard to go through the liquid only stage before the surgery....but I found that every time I started craving solid food or had to watch everyone else eat BBQ during the 4th......I thought about that small incision and the surgeons trying to pull my stomach out of there. I know I wanted a speedy recovery and not have to worry about complications about it.

Just keep thinking those thoughts...."If I eat too much, I may not be able to do the laproscoptic surgery and then I'll have a big scar." "I don't want the doctors to open me up and realize that I have pieces of food in there." "The less I eat...the smaller the stomach that is being ripped through that tiny incision"

Good luck honey and just keep looking forward.

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 7/3/14 I had to go see my pcp today I'm down 22 pounds and I'm loving it i can't wait to lose more weight. My doctor took me off my blood pressure medication so that's good. I'm glad to hear every ones doing good, and the couple I read that still in pain just know everyday it gets better.

Glad surgery went well. I am 5 days post op and going back to work tomorrow. I feel great.

How did it go at work today?!!

Back to work in 5 days...WOW! I'm on day 6 and I'm still sore and am in pain! Do you have some pointer...please share. Congratulations on your progress.

Work went good and then band practice after. ..the only incision that is sore is the one right above my belly button. My only secret is moving around as much as possible (to get the gas out) and drinking at least 64 oz of Water. I am only drinking Protein Shakes (isopure) and eating homemade chicken broth and beef broth. I will start Vitamins this weekend. My surgeons were great. Dr. Korman and dr. Samouha at marina del rey bariatric hospital. I am following thier instructions carefully and praying every day for a quick and painless recovery. I consider myself very blessed I know some of you are in s lot of pain. Keep your spirits up a positive attitude does wonders for heeling.

Thank you! You Rock!!!!!

Ok....new to the site it's a lot to look at. But all the wonderful success stories are so inspirational!!

I'm scheduled for my sleeve July 31st. So excited now. Had to do 6 months of managed weight loss treatment - lost NO weight. Now the last 2 weeks... I've got to lose 15 lbs any sugestions?

I had my surgery yesterday morning!

Congrats. How are you doing so far? Still in hospital?
I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything is going great! Not that there's no pain or frustration. But I still think it's great!

Ok....new to the site it's a lot to look at. But all the wonderful success stories are so inspirational!!

I'm scheduled for my sleeve July 31st. So excited now. Had to do 6 months of managed weight loss treatment - lost NO weight. Now the last 2 weeks... I've got to lose 15 lbs any sugestions?

First of all welcome to the site, and yes there is a lot to look at, but this site is so helpful!!! There is also

July sleevers Facebook page that is secret (have to be invited to it and no one but the sleevers can see your posts on it).

Did your Dr. put you on a pre-op diet? If so, you will most likely lose that 15lbs. I have been on a Protein diet ( two Protein Shakes and a light meal: mostly veggies very low carb if any per day) for one week. Now I am on a liquid diet for the last two weeks. I have lost more then your 15lbs during this time, and I still have over a week left!!

You can do it!!!

Edited by SAP78

Hi! It is a lot isn't it. I'm still lost on here LOL. I didn't lose any weight during my 6 months either. I struggled to just stay as is! But the two week liquid diet before surgery worked so have no fear. My surgery was July 11th and I made it. I drank the Lean Body shakes found at Walmart and Publix in my area. Not too expensive and pretty tasty so it was hard. I won't say that you won't be tempted by food but you can do it!

Yes I agree as I have lost 15 pounds on first week of preop. Loss is slowing down but dr scale shows 8 pounds of that is FAT that is GONE and i wont let it come back!! One week til surgery

Wow! You've got to push! Well I will tell you I lost 10 lbs during my 2week preop diet. I was allowed one meal a day and 2-3 Protein Shakes as Meal Replacement meals and a lot of water! Good luck!

Hi, my surgery date is also July 31st. I struggled in the beginning with losing weight. If you have to lose weight 15 lbs in 15 days, I'd recommend going on the Optifast Program. It is a physcian supervised weight loss program. If you do the 800 calorie program you might be able to lose that amount of weight. The 800 calorie program is 5 shakes or Protein Bars or Soup meals a day. You'll average about 1lb a day weight loss. I lost 40 lbs on my program. After two weeks I switched from the 800 calorie program to 2 shakes a day and one healthy meal. I lost about 20lbs in the first two weeks on the all liquid diet.< /p>

Here is a link to Optifast. Best of luck to you.

https://www.optifast.com/Pages/index.aspx

Dallas