Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

Hope everything goes well for you congratulations on your weight los you should be very proud i cant wait for suregery 4 weeks today for me

Hi Tammy

Yes counting the days 10 to go!!!

Am at my daughters for mothers day and my grand sons 6th b'day doing ok on Optifast Sunday will be the big test,but Im not going to stress over 1 day. Hope all is going well for all Aussie Bansters

Cheers for mothers day

Ronni

Welcome to all the new Aussies!

Hi - I just noticed on your profile that you had a slight slip at the beginning of May. Will it fix itself? Are you feeling more comfortable now? Cheers - Rastis

Hi All

Only 6 days to go !!!!!!!!! Have doubts now and then but right now ists full steam ahead .Optifast is getting a little boring

Cheers Ronni

Hi everyone

good luck for those about to be banded. I've been banded for 3 weeks and all going well so far. 3 more weeks and I get my first fill - to be honest I don't think I need it at this stage but I will probably get hungrier >>>>>> haven't lost that much weight though - I suppose that's normal - at least that's what they tell me....

OMG Lita - 25kgs lost, that is an awesome effort. I was banded in Oct '07 and I've only lost 15kgs, although I have had a couple of minor complications. But I am stoked with the 15kgs, although I must admit it is ALOT slower going than I thought it would be. Take care - Rastis

Edited by Rastis100

Hi - I just noticed on your profile that you had a slight slip at the beginning of May. Will it fix itself? Are you feeling more comfortable now? Cheers - Rastis

I felt better as soon as they took all my fill out! I am going back for a slight refill next monday. My Surgeon said he wouldn't have taken all my fill out if he were the one who diagnosed it (he was out of the office that day so I had to go see hs registrar at the hospital) because it was such a minor slip. I developed bad reflux progressively over the space of about a week and knew something wasn't right. The reflux is totally gone now and I'm looking forward to being refilled a bit! My surgeon was very confident that 2 weeks unfilled would fix it, not that it needed much "fixing" at all. I was just too tight (which it weird cos I hadn't had a fill since December and had been fine up until then).

I went to the dietician this afternoon for my first follow up. Very happy so far.. when I started Optifast a week before surgery I was 125kgs, pre-surgery weigh in was 122.7kgs and today (1 week) is 119.6kgs. I don't remember the last time I was less than 120kgs. :tongue2:

Hi Rastis,

I'm an October 07 girl too and I've lost around the same 15kg in total - but I'm just as happy. If it means that by October 08 I've lost say 20kg then I'll be happy with that too. I haven't dieted (at all), I haven't done any more exercise than I normally would (i.e. no formal exercise at all), I've continued to indulge in regular red wine and generally enjoy my life - what more could I ask for. I've been down the dramatic weight loss route before on at least 5 occasions, so this time the longer it takes the come off the better and I am living a realistic life style which I know I can maintain. Over the years I've wasted more $'s than I care to remember on gym memberships, the most recent being Curves, and it's time to get real about what I'm personally capable of. I think I'm doing ok.

So good on you - and good on me!!!

Hi Rastis,

I'm an October 07 girl too and I've lost around the same 15kg in total - but I'm just as happy. .........So good on you - and good on me!!!

Hi Jude and Rastis...yep another october 07 bandster here who has lost about 15 (sometimes 16 on a good day) kg's.

The best part for me is that even though my loss is so slow at least the scale does keep moving down - when it moves at all. I am getting so close to 79.something on the scales I can almost taste it haha. That will be a huge celebration for me as it is years since I was in the 70's.

Hi Jude and Rastis...yep another october 07 bandster here who has lost about 15 (sometimes 16 on a good day) kg's.

The best part for me is that even though my loss is so slow at least the scale does keep moving down - when it moves at all. I am getting so close to 79.something on the scales I can almost taste it haha. That will be a huge celebration for me as it is years since I was in the 70's.

Jude and MSS, good on us!!!! Don't they always say the slower the better for weight loss. Although at times I do wish it was a little quicker.

I have really good restriction at the moment, and don't think I will get any more Fluid put in for a while. The scales are moving in the right direction, and the restriction still allows me to be social without anyone asking any questions. (I haven't told many people that I've had it done).

People have started to noticed that I have lost weight, and I am finding that really good for the self esteem, and it keeps me motivated as well.

Goodluck to all of us on our weight loss journey. Rastis x

i was banded 3.5 weeks ago. have no idea how much weight ive lost although i know i did lose about 4 kg on the two weeks of Optifast prior to surgery. the next two weeks were hard, as it took a while to be able to sit up and get up after the surgery.. then at last onto mushies.... but only 4 days to go of them.. im so looking forward to some toast and vegemite.. hope i can eat it.

i feel a bit cut off almost lonely to a point. dont know what the fills are all about how long have to have them for.. and if i ever see another bowl of pumpkin Soup again i might scream!

just wanting to be able to live a "normal" life eating my choice, being able to shop for trendy clothes that arent tents... or polyester.. and to be able to do gardening/dancing/housework/ or sleeping.. whatever I want..

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site and am very thrilled to read everyones stories.

I was banded on the 13th may 08 only 4 days ago.

Im ok except for really bad pain in my shoulder, it is hard to get a decent breath. Im also trying :thumbup: not to smoke only had 3 today.. Any suggestions on shoulder pain?

Thanks