Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

Hi

My Name is Rhonda but most people call me Ronni I have just discovered this site .My surgery is on 20th May 2008 I am looking forward to it but am also a little aprehenisve!!

Have been surfing around the site , am glad to have found other ozzies who have had the band,enjoying reading all the positive posts.

Hi Ronni, I had my surgery last week and apart from some discomfort and a bit tired it has all gone well. It is not an instant cure and you still need to get your head around the fact that YOU are responsible for losing weight but it is a huge step in the right direction. Use the support networks offered by your medical team as this is vital. I love the thought that I can finally look like the person that I know I am inside and that this is all about ME...not the boss or the girlfriends or the other people who feel it necessary to comment on your apparent inability to have self control. You and I both know we would not choose to be overweight and now we can have a real say in where we are going. Good luck with surgery.

Hi Ronni

Iam Tammy my surgery is on the 6th June i know how you feel anxious but happy which hosital are you having the surgery i will be going to ST George Private in NSW cant wait.Good luck for surgery

Hi Tammy

Am going to Port Macquarie Private with Dr Nigel Peck

Started Optifast yesterday going ok! so far

Ronni

How did you get the ticker thingy Ive been trying for ages finnally gave up

Hi Crushbro

Hope all goes well hows the fluids going down

ronni

Fluids going down well and can tolerate yoghurt and pureed apple. Am still hanging out for a poached egg. Off to dietician this afternoon so hope I get some good news. Still feeling a bit shaky on my pins when I go out and walking around the supermarket is a real effort however I am thinking about work so must mean I am ready to go back soon.

Hi Tammy

Am going to Port Macquarie Private with Dr Nigel Peck

Started Optifast yesterday going ok! so far

Ronni

You have a good doctor looking after you. Optifast will get boring but I found that a straw and really cold Water helps it go down a treat. Helps to keep you full and the weight just pours off so stick with it if you can. I had a couple of cheating episodes but mostly I was really focused. It helps the doctor so much better if your liver has shrunk and I am sure thats why my recovery was so good. Remember that you have to keep up your end of the bargain...the band is only a tool in the whole process. Keep up the good work.

where and how do i get in to chat to other australians who are going throught the lap band ups and downs i seem to get into a chat room but its with ppl all over seas please help

Where hear ,when are you getting your band done mine is in 12 days and counting Ilive on the Mid North Coast NSW

Hi fellow Aussies!

I was banded Wednesday 7 May and so far so good (gee I hope they are not famous last words :biggrin:) Only a little bit of discomfort, might take some panadol a bit later. I am expecting to go back to work on Monday. I know I lost 3kgs on Optifast (I cheated and only did it for a week) but I dont own scales (just yet - getting them for Mothers day) so I'll update that little fact when I know more. :thumbup:

Thank you for the welcome Fanny :biggrin2: