Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

Hey everyone.. Im new to this site, not new to banding.. (well i am and i arent) hehe

My name is Shell, im 31 and from Melbourne.

I was banded in 2004 and rebanded last thursday 15th Nov due to my band slipping..

I am currently on week 2 of liquids.. soooo over it but it has to be done..

Anyhow thought id say hi...

Take care

Shell

:)

Hi Shell, I'm from Sydney and have been banded for 3 weeks. Congrats on your rebanding... you've done so well over the last 3 years. I would be happy to do as well. Good luck with losing the rest of your weight.

Hi Sades, Thanks for the welcome.. ;)

In 2005 i managed to get down to 72kg.. that was a 60kg loss but due to my band slippage i gained and went up to 85kg..

Since having my band redone last week i have dropped to 80kg so i hope i can get down to where i was before and then hopefully further..

Im not in any rush, im happy where i am.. I battled for 10years at around 95kg and just couldnt get past it.. Im happy being under 90kg..

Im 5'9 so its not that obvious on me.. (well so i have been told) lol

Best of luck with your journey.. Im sure you wont look back and even though i had to have my band redone... its worth it.. IMO

Shell

Hey everyone.. Im new to this site, not new to banding.. (well i am and i arent) hehe

My name is Shell, im 31 and from Melbourne.

I was banded in 2004 and rebanded last thursday 15th Nov due to my band slipping..

I am currently on week 2 of liquids.. soooo over it but it has to be done..

Anyhow thought id say hi...

Take care

Shell

;)

Nice to have another Aussie join. I'm from Sydney and should be a bandit on 3/12. Currently on Optistarve so know how you feel. Hope I have as much success as you had in the past and will surely have in the future.

Danna:hungry:

Hi Sades, Thanks for the welcome.. ;)

In 2005 i managed to get down to 72kg.. that was a 60kg loss but due to my band slippage i gained and went up to 85kg..

Since having my band redone last week i have dropped to 80kg so i hope i can get down to where i was before and then hopefully further..

Im not in any rush, im happy where i am.. I battled for 10years at around 95kg and just couldnt get past it.. Im happy being under 90kg..

Im 5'9 so its not that obvious on me.. (well so i have been told) lol

Best of luck with your journey.. Im sure you wont look back and even though i had to have my band redone... its worth it.. IMO

Shell

I know someone who has had their band in for 2 years and has lost 40kgs... she had a hernia during that time and had to have it removed and then had another one put in... she says the same thing, no regrets. I know what you mean about the weightloss, I did LitenEasy about 3 years ago and lost 16kgs. Ended up putting on 14 of them in the last 2 years so thought I want to do it again but I don't want to put it back on (yoyo weight loss for many years). I found this option and so far, I think it is the best one. I'm 5'2" and am now at 95kgs... happy to go down to 65kgs which should put me in a size 12-14. Again good luck with your continued journey.

Nice to have another Aussie join. I'm from Sydney and should be a bandit on 3/12. Currently on Optistarve so know how you feel. Hope I have as much success as you had in the past and will surely have in the future.

Optistarve... hahahahaha love it.... :heh:

Well your time will be here soon enough for you and i wish you all the best for your banding and the journey ahead..

For me it was the case of being a size 24-26 and going into the stores, crying in the dressing room cos nothing would fit (im sure everyone here will know where im coming from). I would visit MySize, 1626 and BIB stores that only went to size 26.. I thought.. Where do i go from here, Rays Tent City? so i thought i have to do something.. Having my son and battling 15years with depression i researched banding for 2 years. Then i found out my aunty had it done and it really set it in concrete that this was the way to go if i wanted any happiness in my life. I have a very active 5year old son so it has been a godsend to me and im sure many others on here..

Once i lost weight i would go into ANY store and pick something off the shelve and just try it on.. then i would cry cos it fit me.. lol i cant remember ever being a size 12.. Currently im a 12-14 depending on the store. Sometime i still pick up clothes that are sizes to big and try them on and think "what are you doing, its too big" now i wave as i pass those stores..

Occasionally i look in the mirror and still see the "old me" looking back, especially if im naked as i have the skin on my stomach. So for a reality check i have kept a pair of size 24 pants i used to wear to work pre-band, i get into one leg and then i reaise... "im not the same as i was"..

I love my band!! As im sure you will too...

Regards

Shell:biggrin1:

Hi all,

I have read through everything on this thread, you all seem so supportive of each other it is so nice to see. I am going in for my banding on Monday - 2 sleeps. I have only told one person. I am a single working mother 42 years old. I have had the same struggles with my weight although only for the last 8 years really, but the time has come for real action... I want to be the me that I feel I am inside somewhere, that doesnt' match the image in the mirror. So, I am glad that I found this site, it has given me encouragement.

100kg - goal 65kg

Good luck Karlea... we have similar stats. I was 100kgs when I decided to do this but put on a few kilos because I ate my anxiety away in the 2 months prior to the op. I'm only 155cm but am happy to get down to 65kgs. That will help with my heath poblems.. BP, Diabetes, sleep apnea. Keep us posted.

Hey Sades how is everything going you must be off the mushies soon - bet you are looking forward to that.

quick question - Did you have to pay the Dr in advance or on the day of surgery - their handout says in advance but no-one has asked me for payment yet?

thanks

Hey Sades how is everything going you must be off the mushies soon - bet you are looking forward to that.

quick question - Did you have to pay the Dr in advance or on the day of surgery - their handout says in advance but no-one has asked me for payment yet?

thanks

If I remember correctly, I paid 7 days in advance.

Hi Danna, I rang the surgery a couple of days beforehand to find out what to do. I ended up paying the $2,000 prior and Anna said I can pay the $3,200 within the next 6 months. My anthesist's bill is $1,300... sent that to medicare & MBF so I don't how how much I will end up paying. I also got a bill for $138 for the xray in hospital which I'll do the same with. I think that's it now.

How's the Optifast going? I will be seeing Sarah on Tuesday so I assume she'll say go onto solids. Anna mentioned something about getting a fill at that time... sounds too early to me. Anyway, I'll let you know what they say. Not long to go !! clap2.gifclap2.gif

Hi Danna, I rang the surgery a couple of days beforehand to find out what to do. I ended up paying the $2,000 prior and Anna said I can pay the $3,200 within the next 6 months. My anthesist's bill is $1,300... sent that to medicare & MBF so I don't how how much I will end up paying. I also got a bill for $138 for the xray in hospital which I'll do the same with. I think that's it now.

How's the Optifast going? I will be seeing Sarah on Tuesday so I assume she'll say go onto solids. Anna mentioned something about getting a fill at that time... sounds too early to me. Anyway, I'll let you know what they say. Not long to go !! clap2.gifclap2.gif

Thanks Sades, will give them a call during the week.

Opti is going ok - it's getting out of the habit of eating real food and having no choice that is the problem. I've never been good on diets that tell you exactly what to eat on each day - always done much better when I can make a choice. My head is causing havoc - it wants everything I can't have and some things I don't even eat.:)

I was at Circular Quay one day waiting for the ferry and a guy was there eating a sausage roll with Tomato sauce. Now I love sausage rolls but was that what I wanted.... NO I wanted the tomato sauce and I don't even like tomato sauce!!!;)

Well, just over a week to go and then I will be able to have fluids of my choice - must go buy some Soups this week.

Let me know how your appointment with Sarah goes.

Good luck Karlea... we have similar stats. I was 100kgs when I decided to do this but put on a few kilos because I ate my anxiety away in the 2 months prior to the op. I'm only 155cm but am happy to get down to 65kgs. That will help with my heath poblems.. BP, Diabetes, sleep apnea. Keep us posted.

Thanks, I will do... I have been pathetic with the Optifast thing, hope they don't turn me away at the hospital door!! I will let you know how I am doing.

Thanks Sades, will give them a call during the week.

Opti is going ok - it's getting out of the habit of eating real food and having no choice that is the problem. I've never been good on diets that tell you exactly what to eat on each day - always done much better when I can make a choice. My head is causing havoc - it wants everything I can't have and some things I don't even eat.:)

I was at Circular Quay one day waiting for the ferry and a guy was there eating a sausage roll with Tomato sauce. Now I love sausage rolls but was that what I wanted.... NO I wanted the tomato sauce and I don't even like tomato sauce!!!:)

Well, just over a week to go and then I will be able to have fluids of my choice - must go buy some Soups this week.

Let me know how your appointment with Sarah goes.

I know what you mean Danna. whenever I've been on a diet in the past, I would see Maccas commercials on TV and crave a burger... I don't eat their burgers... fillet o fish is my thing... weird. I haven't had those cravings during this phase. I sometimes think, gee I'm never going to eat the way I used to again... you know those days you just want to gorge... but it soon goes away.

Monday week, not too far to go now! :whoo::whoo: