Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

HI all this is my first time on anything like this so be gentle :)) I'm a perth gal, had my band put in at easter. Not having all that much luck but I think that's more to do with beating old habbits. I work 12hr shifts anyone got any suggestions on what I should eat that will give me enough energy for the day, finding it hard to stick to only 3 meals to get me through the day?

On thursday I saw my surgeon in NSW, Australia.

I am booked in for surgery on the 5.2.08. After being examined I was told that because I have had 2 hernia ops done within 2 years, and have a big piece of mesh in my tummy, that if he cannot get the instruments in to put a lap band in, he may need to put a gastric sleeve in.

It is now 1.45am Saturday here and be blowed if I can find anything on the internet about a gastric sleeve.

Please reply if anyone knows where I can find the info, or if they have a gastric sleeve in.

Thank You.....Hugs Kim xx :help:

I had my op with Dr Liebman & Dr Smith and have been feeling great. They must have the magic touch! :) I was lucky to get it done so soon but as they couldn't get surgery time at the RNS Prvate Hospital for everyone, they booked some time at the Sydney Adventist Hospital which brought my surgery forward 1 month... was glad about that and the Sand is only 10 mins away from where I live. I think they're hard to get into because of the publicity they got with Mikey Robbins.

Its also called a tube gastrectomy and you can find it on this link:

Obesity Surgeries - Laparoscopic Gastric Banding, Tube Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Sydney Australia

I'm also from NSW, I'm in Sydney and am seeing Dr Liebman at North Shore and scheduled for 3 December. Who is your surgeon?

Danna

How's it going Danna? Not long to go!! :clap2: :clap2:

How's it going Danna? Not long to go!! :clap2: :clap2:

Not too good!!! Yesterday I fell off the Optifast Wagon!!! I got caught up with things and basically didn't eat until about 6.30 last night - wasn't hungry. but then we had KFC :faint:. So ok, this morning back on that Optisludge - only 2 weeks to go, only 2 weeks to go.:phanvan

I will be strong (I hope):help::help::help::help:

Danna

Hey that's ok, you've done extremely well sticking it out for 2 weeks... as I said previously, I couldn't have. I wish your surgery had been sooner so we could be doing this at the same time. At least you will be at the mushy stage at xmas... so much easier than liquids.< /p>

Hi there,

I go for my 2nd follow up appt with Dr Talbot at St George Priv, NSW this afternoon. Will find out then whether I'm in line for a fill. Feeling a bit despondent about the whole thing some days as I frequently eat more than I know I should - however I barely feel any restriction at all but I think that is normal before you start to have fills.

will let you all know how I go after this afternoon.

Jude

Good luck Jude. I have my appointment with the nurse on Tuesday and if she thinks I need a fill, my dr will be there to give it to me. I must say I've noticed that I am getting a little hungry between meals in the last couple of days, so it may be on the cards. Then again I have not started on solids yet, so maybe they'll get me started on the solids and then check the fill situation out after that.

Hi,

I had my first fill yesterday. I have the band that initially has 3cc of Fluid in it when it's inserted. However I had to have that removed a few days post op as it was causing so much restriction that it meant I couldn't keep anything down and was getting a lot of reflux and coughing.

So, this was effectively my first fill from a zero start - 1.5cc. The doctor said I may not feel any effect and that I need to go back in 2 weeks. There was nothing uncomfortable about the process and I feel fine today. However, I was definitely more restricted in eating Breakfast today - I had half a scrambled egg and a few bites of toast and could feel that was enough so tossed the rest. It will be interesting to see how hungry I get during the day and how much I can tolerate.

I'll keep you posted.

thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Jude

I hope I'm going to be able to eat eggs & toast... so over mushies. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and hopefully the restriction will be enough.

Hi Lisa, I am Lea, I am about to go in for surgery in Bundaberg this coming monday. I am interested to hear how you are going, and how the surgery went.