Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the timeline for eating some of these typical foods?

4 weeks out

There was fresh rolls in the house from the local bakery.

Couldn't resist just a thin piece with a bit of butter. Made sure it was well chewed

It sat a bit heavy for a few minutes but is fine now.

Im 6 weeks out. I can eat almost everything I've tried. If I eat too fast or eat too much I get sick. Simple as that. I chew my food pretty well....not always the best but it works out most of the time. I had steak tonight for supper, I've eaten pizza multiple times....maybe 4-5 times. Beef Jerky is wonderful. Tastes so good and my stomach seems to like it. I've had cake, cheese cake, crackers, chips, bread, and ice cream. The things I've tried sound awful unhealthy! I haven't tried salad or fresh veggies but I probably will this week and see what happens. I've only had cooked veggies...broccoli, peas, corn, carrots, cauliflower. I've tried all sorts if fruits and berries and they've all gone down quite well. I'm missing Fiber in my diet now!

Im 6 weeks out. I can eat almost everything I've tried. If I eat too fast or eat too much I get sick. Simple as that. I chew my food pretty well....not always the best but it works out most of the time. I had steak tonight for supper, I've eaten pizza multiple times....maybe 4-5 times. Beef Jerky is wonderful. Tastes so good and my stomach seems to like it. I've had cake, cheese cake, crackers, chips, bread, and ice cream. The things I've tried sound awful unhealthy! I haven't tried salad or fresh veggies but I probably will this week and see what happens. I've only had cooked veggies...broccoli, peas, corn, carrots, cauliflower. I've tried all sorts if fruits and berries and they've all gone down quite well. I'm missing fiber in my diet now!

I am shaking my head.... Why oh why are you doing this to yourself? 6 weeks out? I can see MAYBE six months out... I really think you need to go to a support group and learn the proper things to eat since you are not grasping that you NEED and MUST change the way you treat food. I can't believe you would ( at ONLY six weeks) try cakes, bread, ice cream, pizza, chips, crackers ..... I am at a loss for words. Why oh why are you sabotaging yourself? Why do this to yourself so early out? I really hope you see nutritional support, because you are on a slippery slope.

I absolutely am blown away by the recipes on this site: theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com You can see that life isn't denying yourself but getting creative with your food choices. Pretty cool!

I absolutely am blown away by the recipes on this site: theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com You can see that life isn't denying yourself but getting creative with your food choices. Pretty cool!

Agreed!!! I also took a healthy eating class- held by the local technical college.... Great ideas!!! I like to experiment. Recently bought some curry powder, LOVE it on grilled veggies.

Im 6 weeks out. I can eat almost everything I've tried. If I eat too fast or eat too much I get sick. Simple as that. I chew my food pretty well....not always the best but it works out most of the time. I had steak tonight for supper, I've eaten pizza multiple times....maybe 4-5 times. Beef Jerky is wonderful. Tastes so good and my stomach seems to like it. I've had cake, cheese cake, crackers, chips, bread, and ice cream. The things I've tried sound awful unhealthy! I haven't tried salad or fresh veggies but I probably will this week and see what happens. I've only had cooked veggies...broccoli, peas, corn, carrots, cauliflower. I've tried all sorts if fruits and berries and they've all gone down quite well. I'm missing fiber in my diet now!

Is all of this on your doctor's plan? Do you plan on losing weight using only your restriction or do you plan on learning how to make healthier choices? You are making some interesting choices for your new tummy.

Edited by LipstickLady

Is all of this on your doctor's plan? Do you plan on losing weight using only your restriction or do you plan on learning how to make healthier choices? You are making some interesting choices for your new tummy.

Gee thanks for reminding me. I wouldn't have known that my choices aren't always the best.

Gee thanks for reminding me. I wouldn't have known that my choices aren't always the best.

Hey now! No judgement here. We all have to find our own way. I just find your choices interesting so early out. You are an adult and every bite you take is a decision only you can make. I know I personally invested so much into this decision mentally and physically, I was terrified to stray from plan pre op and for a very long time post op. That said, every doctor's plan is different so it's certainly possible they your includes these foods.

In another thread you said you were afraid to try veggies but you're not afraid to eat cake/cheesecake/bread? I'm simply trying to understand.

Hey now! No judgement here. We all have to find our own way. I just find your choices interesting so early out. You are an adult and every bite you take is a decision only you can make. I know I personally invested so much into this decision mentally and physically, I was terrified to stray from plan pre op and for a very long time post op. That said, every doctor's plan is different so it's certainly possible they your includes these foods. In another thread you said you were afraid to try veggies but you're not afraid to eat cake/cheesecake/bread? I'm simply trying to understand.

I was thinking texture not content. I certainly don't eat like this every day. Raw Vegetables are hard to digest so I haven't tried them. But I will.

I had a spinach salad with a little vinegar on it for lunch....went down perfectly! Figured you would want to know!

I had a spinach salad with a little vinegar on it for lunch....went down perfectly! Figured you would want to know!

I can't wait to have lettuce and spinach salads again, but I'm only 7 weeks out and have to wait another 5 months :( 6 months out I am allowed to have raw veggies, salads, tomatoes and peppers.... I

I'm pretty limited too for the first few months too, mainly Protein and then veggies and some fruit. After 6 months or so I could probably consider other things but certainly no sweets, beyond the tiniest morsel if I absolutely had to try something. I'm avoiding as many white carbs as possible for as long as I can. Saw my Nut today and I have my diet for the next couple of months and it's healthy and has lots of variety, which is nice.

I figure if one can eat/digest beef Jerky they can certainly handle veggies. :D

Yes that is certainly true.