Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 Post Op Rny / Bypass Support Group

My doc only requires a 3 day liquid diet prior to surgery; that begins on Monday. Soooo, the hubs and I are having a "bon voyage" kind of weekend. Saturday we're going to the Syracuse jazz fest to see BB King close it out...and of course sample the offerings from the gourmet food trucks and local craft beer stands. :) Sunday we're having brunch at my favorite fancy restaurant followed by Les Miz at the Cortland Rep. Theater. He surprised me with the tickets yesterday and I cried. :lol: I'm so on edge and anxious about everything right now my emotions are right at the surface.

Splurge on angryviking and goodluck with surgery!!! But the best news ever is I'm going home!!! Hell yeah!!! Thanks for any prayers and motivation sent this way I totally appreciate it!!!

Congrats jaysweet :) Keep us posted on how you do at home.

Any early July post-ops sharing my mourning of the full-belly feeling? All my life I've either been hungry or full and now that I'm neither i feel a bit lost and sad :(

Hurray for going home. I met with the nutritionist today because I had only two weeks to prepare for this revision. I told her I was sure I was full but still felt hungry. She said to give myself some learning room because it is a mind war.

Hi I'm on July 30! I think that I'm getting to excited and less afraid. I have read and prepared quite a bit. My pre-op liquid started last Wednesday and I'm doing just fine. :).

Ugh. All the Protein Drinks are getting to me I think. I'm so bloated is uncomfortable. And hungry too. Lol. Today was day 1 of liquids only. Tomorrow is day two and then surgery the day after. It looks like mine's around 9:30 and then my husband's is around 1.

I just want to pop myself right now.

My anxiety level is good, except at preop yesterday. The 1mg of lorazepam didn't help much. :P. I am trying to condition my brain into thinking this is no big deal.

Tonight the in laws came. We all went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. We drank or Protein drinks, ate a couple of sugar free jellos and drank Water whale they ate real delicious food. But it really wasn't that bad. :)

I've been craving milk yesterday and today. I miss my milk. I'll sick of protein drinks and water, flavored or not.

Maybe I need to try a lactose free Protein Drink instead of the Premier we've been drinking. I hope those taste good....

Ps. Swype and autocorrect suck. :P

Karenlee, can you have sugar-free Popsicles? Those helped me get through my pre-op diet. I didnt even get Protein shakes! Just Clear Liquids. You can do it karenlee!!

I used the Atkins Advantage shakes and they were decent. I found them to be a bit too sweet but I managed to get them down. They come in four flavors.

I'm all gowned up and ready to go. See you on the other side!!

I'm all done! Surgery was yesterday and I super uncomfortable; that gas pain is no joke. But I am much better today; I've been walking the halls, and I took the best shower I've ever had. lol I'll likely be discharged tomorrow and then it's on with life!

Best, Kristen

Yay kristen!!

I'm in gown now, been waiting for 3 hrs to go back. Anxiety is going up the longer the wait but I've got my relaxing music playing and meditation app on. My husband, mother in law and son are in her with me and they're annoying.

Congrats Kristin! Karenlee you're almost there... just a few hours from now you'll be on the other side. Deep breaths. Ask for drugs ;)

10 Days post op and I'm doing fantastical. Haha :) At home healing, sipping and relaxing. Today is the first day I'm being left all alone all day. I admit it's kinda nice. ;) My Nut already has me on soft meats such as chicken, turkey or tuna (haven't tried yet) or eggs. It has to be ground and easily able to mash with a fork. It has been going good. I only eat about 2 tablespoons at a sitting, but ultimately I make up for my Proteins with shakes. I feel really good!

How is everyone else? New post ops? Pre ops, good luck to you!!

10 Days post op and I'm doing fantastical. Haha :) At home healing, sipping and relaxing. Today is the first day I'm being left all alone all day. I admit it's kinda nice. ;) My Nut already has me on soft meats such as chicken, turkey or tuna (haven't tried yet) or eggs. It has to be ground and easily able to mash with a fork. It has been going good. I only eat about 2 tablespoons at a sitting, but ultimately I make up for my Proteins with shakes. I feel really good!

How is everyone else? New post ops? Pre ops, good luck to you!!

Wow sounds like you are doing very well. That's the result I want to have. Nice uneventful recovery. I have clinics on Monday.